Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 227228229230231 238>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:08pm
160m Jesus f**king christ
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

LMAO at the narrative in the (no doubt British) press that Wijnaldum went to PSG for the money. Well, no f**king sh*t. Why does any player go to Manchester City?

When I was a child in the 90s, PSG were a big club in my mind along with teams like Ajax, playing in a major metropolitan city in an environment that produced big players.

Why the f**k would any player go to a team like Man City, and a city like Manchester, if it wasn't for the money?

This pomposity drives me mad!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

LMAO at the narrative in the (no doubt British) press that Wijnaldum went to PSG for the money. Well, no f**king sh*t. Why does any player go to Manchester City?

When I was a child in the 90s, PSG were a big club in my mind along with teams like Ajax, playing in a major metropolitan city in an environment that produced big players.

Why the f**k would any player go to a team like Man City, and a city like Manchester, if it wasn't for the money?

Cue Baggio's response LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:28pm
160 million. If that is the case that ridiculous and disgusting id go as far to say. Its not even real world stuff these days. There shud be a cap on salaries and transfer fees. Absolute madness if you ask me.
I love beer gardens
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:56pm

One word, and it’s the reason Kane is leaving Spurs 
Trophies
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 12:04am
Hotlips has taken this rumour bad

Just wait until he hears about 95% of football transfers that happen these days. Breaking news lad, it’s usually about the money and has been for decades 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 8:41am

Hotlips, he's leaving Spurs for the same reason every player leaves Spurs eventually, to win trophies.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 9:05am
No chance will City pay that much for Kane.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 9:07am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

The £160m fee being quoted (in the Sun) i'd take with a pinch of salt as well. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

The £160m fee being quoted (in the Sun) i'd take with a pinch of salt as well. 

The transfer fee is always the fee, the wages and the potential bonus payments told as one number. 

I don’t think it’s unreasonable….

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 2:33pm
Kane has been consistent throughout his time at Spurs - he wants to win trophies with them. And up until the 2019 CL Final, the club was on track..

But since Levy stopped giving Poch money to rebuold that team (stadium and Covid etc), then sacked him for that asshole Mourinho, it has become increasinly obvious that Spurs aren't likely to win anything any time soon. In fact, we're no longer qualifying for the CL these days.

So he's looking for a club who will/should. You'd have to say City are the most likely, at least of those clubs who would want to buy him.

As for the money side of things,  Chelsea, Man U and PSG are capable of at least matching City's best offer, so I'm certain that's not Kane's priority.

As for the transfer fee, I have no doubt it will exceed £100m, probably nearer £150m - and that's before wages, agent's cut etc. For as somebody said, his Euro2020 campaign alone will have added maybe £20m to the price.

What people don't realise is that City's owners simply don't care about the money - whether making or losing. Rather for the sake of the Etihad/Abu Dhabi/UAE brand, they want the best, most successful team in world football. For that they've hired the best manager, who in turn wants/needs the best players to give them what they want.

And right now, Kane is the best peak age No.9 available anywhere in the world.

Personally I wish Kane all the best, and hope that he scores a hattricik for them in every game.

In a 4-3 defeat.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 2:45pm
Also, if you take into account the vast majority of what City are buying, spreading it over a few years (I have no idea if that would be the case), and the notional taxes that apply top Kane, anything around £130 Million-£140 Million would actually be quite a good deal.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 2:47pm
certainly the best move for him - he can be eased Into the team in the first 10-15 games and score 25+ goals no problem by the wnd of the season.
Very little pressure on him. A move to day United would be a different kettle of fish re: expectations.
Would the salary being quoted upset title winners at city and have their agents looking for more ££.
And have cities revenues increase so much to cover all these salaries?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 2:59pm
Reports from City today are that they won’t go near the 160m fee quoted overnight, one bid has been made so far of £100m which was rejected
The plan very much seem to be this summer to sign Kane and Grealish and if they are to sell anyone it looks like it’s gonna be Bernardo Silva 

Dalymount - Aguero’s wages are off the books now, probably 220-250k a week I’d guess
Also city have raised over £60m so far this summer in sales of fringe players who were out on loan, plus the Sancho sell on clause fee from United

Interestingly the Sancho signing takes uniteds net spend to 295m euro the last three years which is the highest in Europe

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 23 Jul 2021 at 3:01pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Would the salary being quoted upset title winners at city and have their agents looking for more ££.
For any that are upset, City would have no qualms in telling them to suck it up, since they (City) know that in the current financial climate, no other club is going to offer players anything like their present (i.e. pre-Covid) wages

While the majority won't be too upset, since they know that Kane is quite simply better than them, as well as being more important to the club than them (goalscorer, Aguero replacement).

Besides, do you think Pep and his bosses would take any sh1t from any player?

They're seriously hard men.

Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

And have cities revenues increase so much to cover all these salaries?
Doubt it. But in the wake of this they're likely to offload a few players which will bring in some revenue, as well as lowering the wage bill.

And they might be able to arrange a player swap with Spurs which would further reduce the overall hit on their balance sheet.

Edited by Territorial - 23 Jul 2021 at 4:25pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 4:31pm

Reports from City today are that they won’t go near the 160m fee quoted overnight, one bid has been made so far of £100m which was rejected

As always with such deals, City will come in low, while Levy will come in high.

And then after a few weeks of brinkmanship, press speculation and Jim White orgasming on Sky, they'll get together again and pay Levy's price.

I think it's written into the PL''s Rulebook somewhere.

LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 6:23pm
Yeah it’ll prob go through on deadline day for something like 130m I’d guess 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 10:52pm

The plan very much seem to be this summer to sign Kane and Grealish and if they are to sell anyone it looks like it’s gonna be Bernardo Silva 

Dalymount - Aguero’s wages are off the books now, probably 220-250k a week I’d guess
Also city have raised over £60m so far this summer in sales of fringe players who were out on loan, plus the Sancho sell on clause fee from United

Interestingly the Sancho signing takes uniteds net spend to 295m euro the last three years which is the highest in Europe

Progress.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 227228229230231 238>
  Share Topic