Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221222223 238>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

They have to be considered title contenders. I’d almost put them favourites - . I don’t see them losing too many games and have lots of goals in them. Would be JM biggest achievement after CL with Porto.

Really ? 
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 9:47am
Only saw part of the 1st half last night but Spurs were atrocious. No movement whatsoever in midfield. Defenders getting the ball and no options to pass it to. Midfielders either sitting static or running away from the ball. Defender then forced to hit a long ball and Chelsea get possession back.

Has this been common enough under Mourinho or was last night particularly bad?
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 9:50am
I never fancied Spurs for the league at all and while people were saying they'd a great chance in November and December, I predicted that both Manchester clubs who were around 8th and 9th at the time would finish ahead of them. 

I never thought they'd a squad to get near a title. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 9:52am
Spurs were never going to be even within an arses roar of winning the league with a poor defence and an even worse midfield.   Anyone with any idea of football could see that.  Clowns with no idea of football we’re talking about them for the league.  
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Spurs were never going to be even within an arses roar of winning the league with a poor defence and an even worse midfield.   Anyone with any idea of football could see that.  Clowns with no idea of football we’re talking about them for the league.  
Calling Dalymount79 a clownShocked
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 10:56am
What does the likes of Kane & Son do? Stay and win fook all or look to move in the summer? 27 & 28 years old, top clubs wont take a chance on them in another couple of years probably?
Some people just deserve a slap
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

What does the likes of Kane & Son do? Stay and win fook all or look to move in the summer? 27 & 28 years old, top clubs wont take a chance on them in another couple of years probably?

Man City should be all over them.
Exactly what they need with Aguero always injured and Mahez very hit and miss. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I never fancied Spurs for the league at all and while people were saying they'd a great chance in November and December, I predicted that both Manchester clubs who were around 8th and 9th at the time would finish ahead of them. 

I never thought they'd a squad to get near a title. 

Yeah I didn’t think they would win it but expected they would be in the mix for top 4 and not in 8th place beginning of Feb.

They have been terrible since they went top.

Jose was hired to win trophies so hopefully one of the LC, EL or FA cup. 

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 11:47am
Delighted for Mourinho.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Would love to see Son at Liverpool, both actually, but can see Kane at Utd if he moves. Son's top class on his day
Some people just deserve a slap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 3:10pm

Would love to see Son at Liverpool, both actually, but can see Kane at Utd if he moves. Son's top class on his day

If he wants to win trophies they need to go to Man City or Liverpool IMO. Man U would be a side step. 

Or look abroad to PSG / Bayern but can’t see Kane going abroad. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 3:19pm
I'd expect Haaland to be City's priority as their next striker rather than Kane

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 6:54pm
Was listening to a podcast today suggesting City and Chelsea would be willing to paid the expected €120m fee for Haaland this summer rather than wait for the release fee to kick in next year
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 6:57pm

If he wants to win trophies they need to go to Man City or Liverpool IMO. Man U would be a side step. 

Or look abroad to PSG / Bayern but can’t see Kane going abroad

Dunno about PSG, but Bayern's record fee paid is "only" €80m for Lucas Hernandez, which wouldn't come close to securing Kane and besides, Lewandowski should have another 2 or 3 years left in him at least.

But Kane might go to America?

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/tottenham-star-harry-kane-on-nfl-kicker-dreams-my-experience-would-put-me-at-an-advantage/
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 10:11pm
Son has been my favourite player to watch this season, carrying this Spurs side at times, surprised he doesn't have back ache with all this carrying.

Doesn't get mentioned much among the elite players but he is phenomenal imo. 

Some game, 4-4 after 90 mins.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 12:26am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Son has been my favourite player to watch this season, carrying this Spurs side at times, surprised he doesn't have back ache with all this carrying.

Doesn't get mentioned much among the elite players but he is phenomenal imo. 

Some game, 4-4 after 90 mins.
For Spurs fans, Sonny is to Kane what Gilzean was to Greaves: Greaves/Kane are revered, but Gilzean/Son are loved.

(The original "King of White Hart Lane" was Gilzean, not Hoddle, btw)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 8:42pm
Was that not Wolfsburg that Spurs played tonight? 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Was that not Wolfsburg that Spurs played tonight? 
Wolfsberger AC. They’re Austrian 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221222223 238>
  Share Topic