Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 218219220221222 238>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Said it before, but while winning the LC would be "nice", now that it no longer qualifies for the Europa League Jose is NOT going to let it risk compromising his chances in the PL, EL and FAC (in that order).

So it all depends on fitness, form, suspensions and fixture congestion whether Spurs have a proper go.

Normally I would agree but his mandate and he wants to be known as the manager who delivers trophies.
Levy hired him as his record for winning a trophy is exceptional. 

And Jose likes the league cup as it’s only 5 games to win. 

Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Said it before, but while winning the LC would be "nice", now that it no longer qualifies for the Europa League Jose is NOT going to let it risk compromising his chances in the PL, EL and FAC (in that order).

So it all depends on fitness, form, suspensions and fixture congestion whether Spurs have a proper go.

Normally I would agree but his mandate and he wants to be known as the manager who delivers trophies.
Levy hired him as his record for winning a trophy is exceptional. 

And Jose likes the league cup as it’s only 5 games to win. 

I fear you misunderstand Levy.

While he wants success for Spurs (Cups etc), this is as much a means to an end as an end in itself, the end being MONEY.

And when it comes to bringing in the sponduliks, the LC is very much 5th on the list, behind the PL, CL, EL and FAC.

Remember, he didn't sack Poch even while he wasn't winning trophies. With a £1bn stadium to pay for, it was enough that the club was one of the most profitable in European football, not least because Poch wasn't demanding money for transfers.

And the end only came for Poch when it was becoming clear that Spurs were beginning to stagnate under him (eg EL, not CL), with Levy acting before stagnation turned into decline.

So that once the decision was made, Mourinho was the best candidate who was also available and willing to come to the Lane.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 1:20pm

Kane with 9 assists now in 9 league games.
7 goals 

This could be his best season.

Another goal and assist today for Kane.
That’s 11 assists and 10 goals.
Son has 12 goals now.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 1:21pm
That was a brilliant finish by Son.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

That was a brilliant finish by Son.

At 14.40 yesterday (i.e. 20-odd minutes after the final whistle), an email from Spurs popped into my Inbox:

Along with about a hundred other Son souvenirs! (Above T-shirt is £20, btw. In the middle of winter)

You have to hand it to Levy... LOL

Edited by Territorial - 03 Jan 2021 at 6:41pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:33pm
I thought Gareth Bale would have been flying at this stage. Is the problem him or Mourinhio?
It would damage this forums' reputation
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:09am
I thought Bale showed some glimpses of what he can do last night. He seemed hungry to get on the ball and run at defenders, something I haven't seen him do since his arrival. I thought he was busted flush after watching him against Marine. Hopefully he can continue to improve and contribute to the team. Be interesting to see if he gets any game time on Thursday night. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:10am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I thought Bale showed some glimpses of what he can do last night. He seemed hungry to get on the ball and run at defenders, something I haven't seen him do since his arrival. I thought he was busted flush after watching him against Marine. Hopefully he can continue to improve and contribute to the team. Be interesting to see if he gets any game time on Thursday night. 

If he does it means Spurs have the game in the bag 😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:22am

I’m surprised he doesn’t get more games/ time in the EPL.
Even off the bench he would add something to the team.

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:34am
He has been very poor by his own standards since he arrived. Last night was the first time that he looked half decent. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:48am

He has been very poor by his own standards since he arrived. Last night was the first time that he looked half decent. 

Yeah I was expecting more from him in the EL were I believe he played every game but he has the ability to create / score goals.
I’m hoping with more game time he gets the closer to his best. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 1:40pm

Exactly and even last night it was only against a game, but mediocre, Wycombe.

Bale's dilemma is that he might be "gym fit", but he's a long way short of match fitness. He won't get that until he gets matches, but Jose won't risk giving him matches unless he has it.

Basically he spent a season too long on his arse at Madrid after he'd turned 30, to be able to get back in shape with just a few extra training sessions and the odd cup appearance at Spurs.

As a fan, I'm not expecting too much before next season - that's if he's still at the Lane for it.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 1:47pm
I would be hoping that his performances improve and at the business end of the season he might be there or there abouts. I have my doubts as to whether he will still be at Spurs next season. He has to prove he still has it if he has any chance of staying. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 4:02pm

I would be hoping that his performances improve and at the business end of the season he might be there or there abouts. I have my doubts as to whether he will still be at Spurs next season. He has to prove he still has it if he has any chance of staying. 

I think Mourinho likes him, but I doubt it will be his choice.

Imo it will more likely depend on whether Real are prepared to cut their losses for the last year of his contract sufficiently for Bale to get the pay-off he wants, and for Spurs to achieve a low enough transfer offer.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 10:00pm
Mourinho Clap
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Mourinho Clap
What did he do now ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 9:40am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I think Spurs have a right shout of winning the league

Bump 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 9:41am

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Spurs second team should beat stoke and then it’s the semi finals.  Are they still two legs.  Usually in Jan/Feb. 

I think the games are good as they are keeping players match fit who are not playing premier league games.  

Other Kane and Son and Alderweld the back up players in the squad are not hugely different to their 1st team counterpart.  

Ideally win the league cup in Feb and then prioritise the league.

The FA cup and EL can be for fringe players only. 

That would be some trick as it’s in April 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 218219220221222 238>
  Share Topic