You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 200201202203204 238>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 8:43pm
Stadium looks class.

Pitch handling like an ice rink

Players completly overplaying that first half, all dying to be the first player to score
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 8:43pm
Lots of the ball but need to be sharper in the final 3rd.
Atmosphere looks class.

No empty seats spotted.

FT 2-0
Fairly comfortable win.
Son the first goal scorer at the new stadium.

City up next in the champions league.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 03 Apr 2019 at 9:40pm

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 2:53am
Great to see Spurs get the win under their belts straight away. When you look at it long term, they've done really well to stay right up there in the PL and make the CL knockouts 2 seasons in a row while effectively having no home ground. Really hope they make top 4 now. Would set them up for a massive season next season.

Have a real feeling they'll have a big performance against City in the CL as well. They are over 3/1 to beat City at home next week. They are ludicrously big odds.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 8:49am
Top 4 might not guarantee champions league football if either arsenal or Chelsea win the UEFA Cup. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 9:05am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Top 4 might not guarantee champions league football if either arsenal or Chelsea win the UEFA Cup. 

Fake news

A max of 5 teams from one country can get in.
It would take Man U/Spurs and Chelsea/Arsenal to win both European competitions and finish outside the top 4 meaning the 4th place team would lose out.

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 10:18am
Only saw the highlights but Hazza Kane looked hilariously desperate to get the first goal in the new stadium. Taking a free kick over both Eriksen and Trippier. Embarrassed

Agree on the new stadium though - looks amazing.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Have a real feeling they'll have a big performance against City in the CL as well. They are over 3/1 to beat City at home next week. They are ludicrously big odds.

I’ve got tickets to this - think we’ll beat them 2:1

But fancy city to win over the 2 legs.

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Nice one. Should be a cracking atmosphere. Haven't been to White Hart Lane since 1990. Will have to make a game next season just to take a trip down memory lane. Won't be £4 admission that's for sure.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 11:06am
The new Stevie Me? I thought it looked a bit naff and soulless, but all new grounds do.

Their is something exceedingly dirty about their attempts to push out local residents and businesses as well to fit in their vacuous eyesore. They will earn loads more money that they can waste on players that will get them to finish fourth though...

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 11:07am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Nice one. Should be a cracking atmosphere. Haven't been to White Hart Lane since 1990. Will have to make a game next season just to take a trip down memory lane. Won't be £4 admission that's for sure.
Certainly wasn't last night anyway - and that's just the cheapest official tickets through the club! I'd say touts would have easily been picking up hundreds of pounds per ticket. LOL

@ZK110 - Hopefully not a route you had to go down to get your ticket Thumbs Up
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 11:31am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Certainly wasn't last night anyway - and that's just the cheapest official tickets through the club! I'd say touts would have easily been picking up hundreds of pounds per ticket. LOL

£4 - was that in the 80’s???

I got mine from the club, top tier for just the £75 plus booking fee... 

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 11:39am

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

£4 - was that in the 80’s???

I got mine from the club, top tier for just the £75 plus booking fee... 
That's probably a bargain for London these days! LOL

Should be a good one though, enjoy. Thumbs Up
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 12:42pm
Yeh, £4 with club membership which I think was only about £5 or £10 for the year. It was still terraces behind the goal but it made it very affordable at the time. Was going for a couple of seasons 88-90. Gazza, Lineker, Paul Stewart, Mabbutt, Thorstvedt etc
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 12:44pm
Do you have to be a club member now to get a ticket?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 1:02pm

Do you have to be a club member now to get a ticket?

You need to be registered with the club to get tickets in general sale.... but you are the last to get tickets and won’t get any decent games.

Paid membership is £40 a year but it does mean tickets to decent games.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 11:26am
The new stadium is class.
We are on level 5 (the very top) but had a good view of the pitch. 
The top tier in Wembley makes it difficult to see who is playing!

Beer + pie for £5
The beers were £4.5 and lots of bars meaning you could get a pint at 1/2 time.
Lots of food places too. 

Great win and Son took his chance well. 
Rose should not have dived in like that and he gave the ref a decision to make. 
Very odd decisions by Pep - starting Mahez, Delph and Otamendi was strange - he played better teams in the FA cup against weaker teams. Also why not bring on KDB and Sane on 80 mins. Bringing them on around 90 mins was useless.
City didn’t do enough to win and seemed to be looking for a draw. That’s unusual from Pep. 

Interesting to see what the line up is for next week.
Looks like Kane is out. He’ll be a massive loss for the 2nd leg as he holds the ball up so well and wins many free kicks.
Eriksen should not take corners or free kicks. Kept hitting the first man.
City still favs but if Spurs can score one, City need to score 3!

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 11:33am

Also why not bring on KDB and Sane on 80 mins. Bringing them on around 90 mins was useless.

I was thinking about this last night, I think they were about to come on around the 80th minute mark, and then Spurs scored. I think in the back of Pep's mind were the two games at Anfield last year when City conceded one and then it quickly led to a second and third. I think he wanted to avoid that happening again. Don't think he wanted to bring on attack minded players straight after Spurs had scored. A few journalists tweeted that City players and Pep seemed happy enough with a 1-0 after the game, which was strange.

On it being strange that Pep played for a draw, well if Aguero had scored a penalty he probably would have got a result and it would have been job done. He got criticized for being too open in the past. I think the gameplan was ok, he just picked the wrong personnel.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 11:58am
Fair points but KDB & Sane were like for like replacements.
He didn’t go 3 at the back or change formation to very attack minded.

Fresh legs were needed and there was no point doing that on 90 mins.

Pep has his team playing attacking football all season and it’s obviously working! He may have been over thinking this game but should have stuck with his game plan IMO - the first half City were happy to keep ball and waste minutes.

Maybe thanks to Liverpool the upcoming games v Palace, Spurs and Man U in the league were on his mind.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 200201202203204 238>
  Share Topic