You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 238>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 9:06am
Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

11 goals in 12 games for Eriksen. Some record. One of the big teams to come in for him in January?

He’s already at one on the big teams

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/christian-eriksen-says-tottenham-s-stability-is-why-the-players-sign-longterm-contracts-a3691061.html

Edited by Barna Bee - 15 Nov 2017 at 9:09am
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Sponsored Links

kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 11:03am
He's at a decent team who are doing well.
Compared to Barca, Real, Bayern, Utd, City even PSG, Tottenham are a small, selling team. No point deluding yourself about that!
One of them comes sniffing and he'll be on his way
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:15pm

Compared to Barca, Real, Bayern, Utd, City even PSG, Tottenham are a small, selling team. No point deluding yourself about that!
One of the most enjoyable games on YBIG is making a barbed jibe at Tottenham Hotspurs and waiting for Barna Bee to blindly defend his favourite franchise.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

One of the most enjoyable games on YBIG is making a barbed jibe at Tottenham Hotspurs and waiting for Barna Bee to blindly defend his favourite franchise.

only come into this thread for that reason!
Ebbe_Sand11 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ebbe_Sand11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 3:06pm

City and Utd? LOLLOL. Nice one mate
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 1:03am
In fairness, he has mentioned Barca  himself previously but i think he will give Spurs another season.

Edited by Barna Bee - 16 Nov 2017 at 1:04am
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 10:37am
No wind up intended. Just stating the truths.
Heard the Barca talk but would reckon any of the above mentioned make a bid and he'd jump.

And yes City and Utd? Obviously two bigger clubs than Spurs so would be a step up for him!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The fact that he mentioned Bayern in the discussions shows his level of footballing knowledge. 

The Germans really must think the English clubs are mental with their spending.

Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 2:54pm
Are you saying Bayern aren't a big team?
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 3:17pm

Are you saying Bayern aren't a big team?
I suspect that what he's saying is that whatever their on-field status, Bayern aren't a "big club" when it comes to buying players.

As of June this year, the most they've ever paid for a player is €41.5m for Tolisso from Lyon (also a Bundesliga record):
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/21/corentin-tolisso-lyon-bayern-munich-transfer-record-bundesliga

And you ain't gonna sign Eriksen for anything like that, though it should get you his sister: http://www.90min.com/posts/4765056-it-runs-in-the-family-christian-eriksen-s-sister-louise-earns-call-up-to-women-s-national-team

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 12:32pm
Looks like Danny Rose is off if the rumours are true.
He was named on the bench today, wasn't happy and now is not in the squad!
He played both games for England so I can see why Poch but him on the bench.

The only positive is we have Ben Davies and we will get a lot of money for him. Man U are looking at him.

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 1:24pm
Wouldnt surprise me to see the start of the players leaving.The likes of Rose,Alderweireld,Dier can get so much more money elsewhere and I doubt Spurs will break d bank for them.
Need to win something this year imo.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 1:33pm
So f**king Spursy that
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Wouldnt surprise me to see the start of the players leaving.The likes of Rose,Alderweireld,Dier can get so much more money elsewhere and I doubt Spurs will break d bank for them.

They'll have the cash after the new stadium is built i'd say, the question is will they spend it?

Once Kane leaves then the rest will jump ship also
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 1:48pm

Spurs don't need to sell and with the current market rates going ballistic I don't think there will be a lot of movement.
Levy has them all tied down on long term contacts.

I'm not saying some won't leave, I can see Kane going to the very top (Maybe Real) but the transfer fee will be massive.

As Dier is a young English midfielder he would go for around £75M+ Even for Man U that's a lot on one player.

A deep run in the champions league is better than an FA cup win IMO.

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Spurs don't need to sell and with the current market rates going ballistic I don't think there will be a lot of movement.
Levy has them all tied down on long term contacts.

I'm not saying some won't leave, I can see Kane going to the very top (Maybe Real) but the transfer fee will be massive.

As Dier is a young English midfielder he would go for around £75M+ Even for Man U that's a lot on one player.

A deep run in the champions league is better than an FA cup win IMO.

Not saying Spurs have to sell but do you really think players will hang around when they can double their wage elsewhere ?
If they start winning tropies that will make a difference for a while but Spurs cant keep the wage structure in place and keep all happy.
Contracts dont mean sh*t if a player really wants out .A combination of Poch leaving and players feeling underpaid could see plenty of players getting itchy feet.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 1:59pm
Is the win at the Etihad a couple of years ago Spurs only win in a big away game since Pochettino took over?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 2:04pm
No I agree, money talks and players will move.

But only a limited number of clubs can afford these players.
This is a young team with proven quality so the transfer fees will be hugh.

Levy drives a hard bargain so the pool of buyers is probably limited to 6 clubs who have the pick of Europe to choose from.

Holding onto the manager is key.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 238>
  Share Topic