Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 238>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Agree. Think Real are way off the pace at the moment. Still a huge psychological boost for Spurs imo going forward. They need to start a big run in the league now which they are well capable of.

Could be a blessing in disguise, the CL is an unforgiving place and it's extremely hard to maintain exceptional form in the competition. 

Yet, Real know how to do this as we all know. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Agree. Think Real are way off the pace at the moment. Still a huge psychological boost for Spurs imo going forward. They need to start a big run in the league now which they are well capable of.

Could be a blessing in disguise, the CL is an unforgiving place and it's extremely hard to maintain exceptional form in the competition. 

Yet, Real know how to do this as we all know. 

I agree. It's a long season and if they are within touching distance in La Liga at Christmas I would expect a huge 2nd half to the season out of them. You couldn't possibly write off a team with that much quality from kicking on.
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 11:55pm

Great win for Spurs, but let's not ignore the fact Real were missing Varane, Bale, Navas, Carvajal who are 4 quality players.

You take out Varane, Bale and Carvajal out of most if not all club sides in World Football and there would be a telling difference.

That really shouldn't take away from Spurs victory - Spurs were missing Rose & Wanyama & Dembele was deemed fit enough for the subs bench - players equally influential to Spurs as Madrid's injured .
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by ccfcmurphy ccfcmurphy wrote:

Got myself a ticket through getting a membership, must collect it at the ground

3-1 Spurs

I hope you had a bet on that score line .....
Great night

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:05am
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

Great win for Spurs, but let's not ignore the fact Real were missing Varane, Bale, Navas, Carvajal who are 4 quality players.

You take out Varane, Bale and Carvajal out of most if not all club sides in World Football and there would be a telling difference.

That really shouldn't take away from Spurs victory - Spurs were missing Rose & Wanyama & Dembele was deemed fit enough for the subs bench - players equally influential to Spurs as Madrid's injured .

Nonsense, Madrid were missing 4 elite players who have won back to back Champions League titles.

Maybe so, but none of those 3 players would start for Real. 

Edited by Green Devil - 02 Nov 2017 at 12:08am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:07am

Nonsense, the 3 Spurs players you mentioned wouldn't get into the Real team on a regular basis anyhow.

These are elite players who have won back to back Champions Leagues that Real Madrid were missing.

Tbf, there is absolutely nothing nonsensical about anyone saying a team are missing players that would make said team stronger. Wanyanma would be one of the first names on the team sheet tonight imo, whether he would get in the Real Madrid team isn't relevant at all.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:11am

Nonsense, the 3 Spurs players you mentioned wouldn't get into the Real team on a regular basis anyhow.

These are elite players who have won back to back Champions Leagues that Real Madrid were missing.

Tbf, there is absolutely nothing nonsensical about anyone saying a team are missing players that would make said team stronger. Wanyanma would be one of the first names on the team sheet tonight imo, whether he would get in the Real Madrid team isn't relevant at all.

It is relevant because Madrid with their strongest 11 would comfortably beat Spurs, suddenly you take out 4 influential figures from Real's first team and we are near a level playing field because let's face it is Wanyama an elite player? IMO no, can he be replaced pretty comfortably in the Spurs team? Yes.

deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:17am
Absolutely Hans & if a team like Real with their resources cannot handle a few injuries then it says little about their management strategy.
The fact is that they were blown away by a side that despite missing players important to their side were simply far superior .
And wasn't it great to see Dembele kick the sh*te out of Ramos ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:22am
Oh so it's a "few injuries" to Real yet to Spurs it's "missing important players" 

Go to sleep will ya, good man Thumbs Up

Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:26am
For the 1-1 game in Madrid they had Navas and Varane starting ...( thats 2 of the 4 big players being mentioned)....yet,  in their own back yard, they could still only manage a draw against Spurs ....think you are grasping at straws  ....

Also Spurs were missing Dele Alli, Wanyama, Dembele, Rose etc ....

We need to stop this sh1te ....a good Spurs 11  beat a good Madrid 11 anything else is a case of If my Granny had balls.....

Edited by Barna Bee - 02 Nov 2017 at 12:31am
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:27am

Absolutely Hans & if a team like Real with their resources cannot handle a few injuries then it says little about their management strategy.
The fact is that they were blown away by a side that despite missing players important to their side were simply far superior .
And wasn't it great to see Dembele kick the sh*te out of Ramos ?

It was and I love a big of niggle in a team Clap Nothing worse than a load of nice guys ambling about a pitch together going through the motions. Spurs have a great mix of everything going on in that team at the moment.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:32am
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

For the 1-1 game in Madrid they had Navas and Varane starting ...( thats 2 of the 4 big players being mentioned)....yet,  in their own back yard they could still only manage a draw against Spurs ....think you are grasping at straws there guys ....

Confused

I've been talking about tonight's game, thought that was fairly obvious.

Ironically, we heard about Real's resources from DeiseBlue, despite Real having a net spend of minus €20million since 2015 yet Spurs is minus at €5million. 

Edited by Green Devil - 02 Nov 2017 at 12:33am

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:33am

Oh so it's a "few injuries" to Real yet to Spurs it's "missing important players" 

Your logic makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. On the basis of what you are saying, if Harry Kane was missing tonight it wouldn't matter as the argument could be made he wouldn't get into the Real team. Or if Alli was missing it wouldn't matter, as where would he fit in that Real team. No logic at all in what you're saying.

Also, I agree in essence in what you've been saying about Real. Obviously by the knockouts, they could be the team to beat again. If something is rotten there though, or if it's just a case of the motivation has totally dropped in a few of the regulars, there is no easy fix for that this season. You are ultimately just dismissing that the likes of Spurs, a really good team on the up, are any way capable of beat Real. Which in itself is probably the biggest nonsense of all. As a great man once said 'the proof is in the pudding, and in this case the pudding is a football.'
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:35am

Your logic makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. On the basis of what you are saying, if Harry Kane was missing tonight it wouldn't matter as the argument could be made he wouldn't get into the Real team. Or if Alli was missing it wouldn't matter, as where would he fit in that Real team. No logic at all in what you're saying.

Also, I agree in essence in what you've been saying about Real. Obviously by the knockouts, they could be the team to beat again. If something is rotten there though, or if it's just a case of the motivation has totally dropped in a few of the regulars, there is no easy fix for that this season. You are ultimately just dismissing that the likes of Spurs, a really good team on the up, are any way capable of beat Real. Which in itself is probably the biggest nonsense of all. As a great man once said 'the proof is in the pudding, and in this case the pudding is a football.'

It does because Kane would start for Real and Alli probably would too on his day, these two are elite players.

Real Madrid were without 4 elite players tonight.

Wanyama can be replaced in the Spurs team by Winks or a Dembele.

Massive difference between Carvajal and Hakimi or am I missing something?

Real aren't replacing elite players like Carvajal or Varane with elite players? Suddenly they are being replaced by ordinary players, which makes a massive difference in a top team. 

Edited by Green Devil - 02 Nov 2017 at 12:37am

deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:37am

Don't be such a patronising prick , take me back to the Bernabeau game - weren't Navas & Varane playing & yet Spurs comfortably came away with a point.
A less then full strength Spurs side beat a less than full strength Real side comfortably & thems the facts.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:39am

Don't be such a patronising prick , take me back to the Bernabeau game - weren't Navas & Varane playing & yet Spurs comfortably came away with a point.
A less then full strength Spurs side beat a less than full strength Real side comfortably & thems the facts.

I'll be whatever I wish, don't reply if you wish. 

Yet again, who's talking about the game in Madrid? 

I am talking about tonight's game.

Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:44am

I'll be whatever I wish, don't reply if you wish. 

Yet again, who's talking about the game in Madrid? 

I am talking about tonight's game.

Face it , you're getting caned on this one ....happens to all of us sometimes :-)
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:46am
Absolutely - if you want to be a patronising prick then that is your absolute right .
And if I may say so you're very good at it !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 238>
  Share Topic