You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 238>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

who gives a flying fook, have you no lambegs to be warming up terri.......

He would rather beat fenians upon his high horse would new billy boy Wink
Ah right.

Because I'm from NI and I support the NI football team, I must be one of "Themmuns".

And because (by your definition) I'm one of Themmuns, I must be prejudiced against Fenians etc.

Here's a suggestion. Why don't you two get a dictionary and look up the words "bigot" and "hypocrite"?

Then get a mirror.

Then get an adult to explain what that all means.

Well you certainly dont need a mirror because you already have 2 faces (maybe read back over the tripe you have posted on here since you crawled on to the forum) you come across as an arrogant coont who always thinks he has the moral high ground (well in keeping with a certain type up north) anyway i am quiet sure other posters on here have you well sussed so i have no great desire to go too deep into this with you, so in a nutshell fckin rim me

Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 10:24pm
@Territorial

Your motives will always be called into question on here given that you have a clearly passive aggressive antipathy towards our team.

You disguise it in a more moderate way as you're on a forum set up for supporters of our national team because you have to, as opposed to the OWC forum which I imagine you may use slightly harsher language/posts when it comes to our team.

But you always have the comfort of the smokescreen of 'Themmuns' anytime you're challenged on your posts. You've used this diversionary tactic numerous times.

I think what irks posters on here is that you're completely disingenuous and you like to throw disguised barbs every so often at our team/manager/players from time to time.

Edited by irishmufc - 10 Jul 2017 at 10:26pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 10:38pm
So is the Zuck buying Spurs or wha?
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

So is the Zuck buying Spurs or wha?
The official line atm is no takeover bid is been disscussed
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 11:53pm
ah Sh1t , I saw 32 updates in the Spurs topic  and I thought something interesting might be under discussion , I race in to read ....instead all I get is talk of big noses, jews and 2 black Belgian strikers ( neither of whom plays for Tottenham) ...ffs......booooooo

"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

ah Sh1t , I saw 32 updates in the Spurs topic  and I thought something interesting might be under discussion , I race in to read ....instead all I get is talk of big noses, jews and 2 black Belgian strikers ( neither of whom plays for Tottenham) ...ffs......booooooo

Typical ROTW section nowadays unfortunately LOL
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 6:20am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Typical ROTW section nowadays unfortunately LOL

I was the same Barna Bee - pure horse**** chat.

It's been a quiet window for Spurs. I thought Walker would be gone by now.
Still need another striker and a back up CB.
Main thing is to keep the manager and best players tho!

Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 7:50am
We could let a bunch of players go ...Walker , Nkoudou , Sissoko, Lamela, Wimmer and also the loanees , Njie and Fazio( thought he was gone but he's still there !!!)...that could raise a fair few quid for 1 or 2 top signings and also leave room for the likes of Marcus Edwards to move up from the development squad .....he played a bit of Europa there a year ago and has great pace and looked to have some skills ...would be nice to see him get a chance .

Think Barkley could be a great acquisition if they didn't talk about stupid money for him ( but Spurs are one of the worst for quoting crazy prices for our players so I can't give out) . he's the right age and a position we need to have covered ....to give Eriksen some competition and the odd kick in the hole he needs mid season....

Any striker worth his salt is going to be big money ....I would actually take Giroud ( doubtful) if he'd come ,but  he will be surplus at the arsenal with Lacazette now . Hate the fact that we did not try to sign 
Mane when he was available , love his ability . 

All the imports are risky for us ...as we won't spend the big cash needed to buy a proven scorer ...and we have been burned recently with a number of players not least the Spanish lad,( forget his name for the moment) , Lamela has not yet fully delivered and a couple of those french wingers ...all a bit pants .

Hope we manage to hold on to the likes of Dier, All , Kane and a few more at the core ....but when Untd are saying they are will to fork up 60m for the likes of Dier its hard not to be tempted .

Anyone who has not been to the Spurs website and seen the new stadium should do so ....Spurs will have the nicest ground in Britain when it opens ...it looks incredible already .

While I am at it ..... I have been attending the Brisbane Roar this season here in Oz , now the league is not much to get excited about and the Roar have been ok to watch , getting 15k home crowds in the Suncorp etc But one thing I will say about the Aussie FA....they are doing it properly , they have their own vision of playing and their own philosophy , they try to play nice football and did ok against Brazil with their own brand of football recently ....you have to hand it to them , they are keeping their players at home ,developing their own brand  from the top down and sticking to it ....give them another 10 years and they will start to deliver some decent side 

Edited by Barna Bee - 11 Jul 2017 at 7:54am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 10:00am

We could let a bunch of players go ...Walker , Nkoudou , Sissoko, Lamela, Wimmer and also the loanees , Njie and Fazio( thought he was gone but he's still there !!!)...that could raise a fair few quid for 1 or 2 top signings and also leave room for the likes of Marcus Edwards to move up from the development squad .....he played a bit of Europa there a year ago and has great pace and looked to have some skills ...would be nice to see him get a chance .

Think Barkley could be a great acquisition if they didn't talk about stupid money for him ( but Spurs are one of the worst for quoting crazy prices for our players so I can't give out) . he's the right age and a position we need to have covered ....to give Eriksen some competition and the odd kick in the hole he needs mid season....

Any striker worth his salt is going to be big money ....I would actually take Giroud ( doubtful) if he'd come ,but  he will be surplus at the arsenal with Lacazette now . Hate the fact that we did not try to sign 
Mane when he was available , love his ability . 

All the imports are risky for us ...as we won't spend the big cash needed to buy a proven scorer ...and we have been burned recently with a number of players not least the Spanish lad,( forget his name for the moment) , Lamela has not yet fully delivered and a couple of those french wingers ...all a bit pants .

Hope we manage to hold on to the likes of Dier, All , Kane and a few more at the core ....but when Untd are saying they are will to fork up 60m for the likes of Dier its hard not to be tempted .

Soldado .... but we dont talk about him!
I would have happily got rid of walker and Sissoko for Lukaku. I think he is a beast.

There aren't many proven strikers out there that are available (for spurs anyway). Sanchez and Giroud comes to mind.

We should be looking to sign one top class player tho. You can't stay still as the other top 6 will all be improving over the summer. 
The 6th place team have already spent £100M as they look to break into the top 4. 

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 10:37am

Anyone who has not been to the Spurs website and seen the new stadium should do so ....Spurs will have the nicest ground in Britain when it opens ...it looks incredible already .
Looks great.

Have they improved transport links, that hike up the Seven Sisters is a nightmare.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 10:38am

Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

who gives a flying fook, have you no lambegs to be warming up terri.......
He would rather beat fenians upon his high horse would new billy boy Wink
Ah right.

Because I'm from NI and I support the NI football team, I must be one of "Themmuns".

And because (by your definition) I'm one of Themmuns, I must be prejudiced against Fenians etc.

Here's a suggestion. Why don't you two get a dictionary and look up the words "bigot" and "hypocrite"?

Then get a mirror.

Then get an adult to explain what that all means.
ClapClapClap
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 11:16am
Yes Gary , all part of the masterplan , improved station access etx , wider roads and a direct bridge from WHL station to the ground . The council need to deliver as part of their promise to Spurs to keep them
In th borough ... see David Lammy
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 6:08pm

Yes Gary , all part of the masterplan , improved station access etx , wider roads and a direct bridge from WHL station to the ground . The council need to deliver as part of their promise to Spurs to keep them
In th borough ... see David Lammy
"Improved station access" - but no improved train service. Pointless

"Wider roads" - but still the same number of junctions and traffic lights etc, whilst double the number of vehicles. So no help there, either.

"A direct bridge from WHL station to the ground" - Whoop-di-doo.

Fact is, with crowds of 36k, the trains are packed and the High Road is gridlocked, for at least an hour before kickoff and an hour after.

So without significant (as opposed to peripheral) improvements to access to the stadium, esp public transport, the problem will only be worse when it's 61k.

And I hate that walk to/from Seven Sisters Tube enough as it is.

Edited by Territorial - 11 Jul 2017 at 6:09pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 7:05pm
They just need more trains to White Hart Lane and Northumberland Park stations. With that, and plenty of trains to Seven Sisters, there'd be more than enough.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 7:20pm
Jesus Terry you only see the negative in everything....
I'm sure they will make improvements to accommodate 60K people.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

They just need more trains to White Hart Lane and Northumberland Park stations. With that, and plenty of trains to Seven Sisters, there'd be more than enough.
They can't really handle "more trains" - the signalling is decades old, they don't have the rolling stock and the platforms aren't long enough to handle longer trains.

Remember, ordinarily these are commuter routes in/out of The City/Liverpool St., so if they're not willing/able to provide a decent service for their core business, what makes you think they'll extend to providing a decent matchday service for Spurs every 10 to 14 days?

And that's just for 36k crowds - how do you think they'll cope with their share of an extra 25k fans each match?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 7:42pm

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

They can't really handle "more trains" - the signalling is decades old, they don't have the rolling stock and the platforms aren't long enough to handle longer trains.

Remember, ordinarily these are commuter routes in/out of The City/Liverpool St., so if they're not willing/able to provide a decent service for their core business, what makes you think they'll extend to providing a decent matchday service for Spurs every 10 to 14 days?

And that's just for 36k crowds - how do you think they'll cope with their share of an extra 25k fans each match?
Maybe Spurs fans will move from Enfield, Bedford, Stevenage and Essex?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I'm sure they will make improvements to accommodate 60K people.
Not without TfL spending tens of millions, which they don't have. Nor have LB Haringey. Nor THFC.

Listen, I'm still fit enough (just) to sharpen my elbows and squeeze onto a train to WHL for k.o. at least an hour before I should have to, then walk the mile and a half back to Seven Sisters afterwards, even when it's pissing rain.

But there are many more who can't or won't, meaning access to and from the stadium, by all methods, has for years frequently been pretty chaotic, even with the present capacity.

Now don't get me wrong, Spurs will still sell out every game in the new stadium, but only with SERIOUS access problems before and after every game, mark my words.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 238>
  Share Topic