Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 238>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 12:54pm
Spurs ripping Bournemouth apart. A brilliant side to watch. Really hope Pochettino and their key players all stay there for the next 2 or 3 years at least. They are building a special side.
Sponsored Links

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 1:14pm
Playing some really good stuff .

I would be surprised if there isn't a lot of clubs trying to buy 4 or 5 of that team this summer.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 1:19pm
If I was a Spurs fan, I'd almost be more worried about clubs chasing Pochettino. If someone comes in and persuades him to leave, then others could follow really quickly. I actually think a club like Barca should be doing everything they can to persuade him to go there. 

Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 1:21pm
Agree pochettino would be the biggest worry to lose
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 3:38pm
7 wins in a row. Prem record for Spurs. Great form with Chelski up next in FA cup semi final.

Hopefully Man U can do us a favour tomorrow.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 5:08pm
Come on Man U!!!!

How the hell do Chelsea have 4 home games in the last 6.
I can only see Everton beating them.

They should win the other 5 really.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 16 Apr 2017 at 5:40pm

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 5:18pm
Chelseas last 4 fixtures look like walkovers almost unfortunately. 4 point gap if it stays like this with 6 games remaining and you just never know though. If Everton or Southampton took anything off Chelsea in their next 2 fixtures and Spurs keep winning, it would only take one slip up in the last few games possibly then. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Chelseas last 4 fixtures look like walkovers almost unfortunately. 4 point gap if it stays like this with 6 games remaining and you just never know though. If Everton or Southampton took anything off Chelsea in their next 2 fixtures and Spurs keep winning, it would only take one slip up in the last few games possibly then. 

The fixtures look too easy for Chelsea. They will win 4 out of the last 6 which will be enough.
Spurs need to win the FA cup.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 6:03pm
Too easy eh. I'm sure no one said that when they lost to Palace!

West Brom are a very defensive team, it'll be tough.
I would of even said Middlesborough would of been tough, but ever since they sacked Karanka they've leaked goals.

It's far from over.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 6:26pm
I hope you're right Coyne. No matter what the fixtures are, if the gap gets to 3 points or less, then the pressure well and truly comes on in those games. Gap has come down from 10 points to 4 in just a couple of weeks. Be interesting to see if Chelsea bounce back quickly from this setback. Having Spurs next up in the cup now could be huge for the title race. Spurs beat them and Chelsea could fall into a rut.

Spurs probably need to win all of their remaining games, which is tough but doable imo. Chelsea having Boro and Sunderland in that run in are walkovers though no matter what way you look at imo.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 6:47pm
Saints, Boro, Watford and Sunderland at home.
WB and Everton away.

Chelsea would need a major collapse to lose this.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 7:02pm
I agree with you in essence Zinedine, but if Spurs were to win their next 2 and Chelsea drop points at Everton {their toughest remaining fixture on paper}, the gap comes down to 1 or 2 points with 4 games remaining. Even with an incredibly good run in for Chelsea in those last 4 fixtures, the pressure would be ramped right up on them then, especially since they would be seen to be blowing what seemed an almost untouchable lead at one point.

If they still have the 4 point lead after the Everton fixture, they can't blow it. Otherwise, you just never know. I actually think Spurs are a better side than them tbh. I think Spurs will beat them in the cup semi also which could have a big impact psychologically in the title race also.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 11:11am
Gary Neville spoke yesterday about the pressure of being chased down.  There are no easy games when trying to win a title even Sunderland at home. 

Conte did try and transfer some of the pressure to Tottenham after the game.  I'm sure he is mindful of Tottenham blowing up last season.  The likes of West Brom and Southampton at home and a relegated Newcastle away and mid table Chelsea gave Tottenham an easy end to last season.  They won none.  

There is no doubt that Tottenham are in much better form at the moment but will now surely feel huge pressure as well.  

Also Tottenham will not lose the title on goal difference.   I think 6 wins will be enough for Tottenham but I don't think they will get them.     
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 12:42pm
This stuff of Spurs blowing up last season is massively overplayed. They went on about an 8/9 game unbeaten run that kept the pressure on Leicester, but the home draw against West Brom and then the draw at Stamford Bridge finished them off. The 2 or 3 games after that they didn't win didn't matter a jot.

It's like saying that if Spurs won 5 and drew 1 of their remaining 6 games, and lost out on the title by a point or 2 that they had somehow blown up. Yet they will gone on a 13 game unbeaten run of 12 wins and 1 draw!! It simply doesn't add up.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 9:14pm
Probably the best line up for FA Cup semi finals the last few years. Looking forward to both games. Hope Spurs win it myself.

Normally Spurs always let you down at the crunch but given their defensive record this season and having beaten Chelsea already, they'll be very confident going into this game.

I do think Chelsea though will be out to prove a point after the United defeat.

I think Chelsea will scrape it unfortunately.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:57pm
I can't see Chelsea playing as bad as they did against Man U, if they did that to a team like Spurs they would be battered.

I think Spurs will want it more and will just shade it.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I can't see Chelsea playing as bad as they did against Man U, if they did that to a team like Spurs they would be battered.

Delighted they did away with semi-final replays so should be a good open game.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Delighted they did away with semi-final replays so should be a good open game.

You've been quite happy for the last 17 years so.
Ahh heya!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 238>
  Share Topic