You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 238>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 9:53am
I don't see any chance really ... Spurs will drop pints too . Title irace is over unfortunately and Spurs will have to rue sh1t results earlier on
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

I don't see any chance really ... Spurs will drop pints too . Title irace is over unfortunately and Spurs will have to rue sh1t results earlier on
Criminal altogether
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 10:17am

I don't see any chance really ... Spurs will drop pints too . Title irace is over unfortunately...
Suspect you're right.

... and Spurs will have to rue sh1t results earlier on
D'ya think so? What results were those? There were a few somewhat disappointing ones, but I can't really recall many "sh!t" results, never mind even a mini-run of same:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/results
Maybe you're being influenced by how Europe went, which definitely was sh!t?

I think people are overlooking just how outstanding Chelsea have been in the full six months since they sorted out a dodgy September:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/results

Edited by Territorial - 04 Apr 2017 at 10:19am
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 1:15pm
Chelsea are on target for 90 points this season.
Its takes a special team to get that many points.

The best spurs can aim for this season
Finished 2nd (Highest PL finish)
Better than 72 pts (Current record)
Win the FA cup  Clap

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Indeed.

In "The 24 Years Since Football Began" (copyright SkySports), there have only been four finishes of over 90 points, and two of exactly 90. The average title-winning tally is 85.8 points.

The record is 95 points (Chelsea in 2004/05, next highest 92 on one occasion),  whilst as few as 75 were enough for Man U in 1996/97.

Meanwhile, Spurs are on target (mathematically) to get 81 points. That would have won them the EPL six times previously.

P.S. I think it not coincidental that Chelsea didn't have European football to distract them this season.

Edited by Territorial - 04 Apr 2017 at 1:50pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Indeed.

In "The 24 Years Since Football Began" (copyright SkySports), there have only been four finishes of over 90 points, and two of exactly 90. The average title-winning tally is 85.8 points.

The record is 95 points (Chelsea in 2004/05, next highest 92 on one occasion),  whilst as few as 75 were enough for Man U in 1996/97.

Meanwhile, Spurs are on target (mathematically) to get 81 points. That would have won them the EPL six times previously.

P.S. I think it not coincidental that Chelsea didn't have European football to distract them this season.

Thanks Stato Thumbs Up

I assume 85.8 points is the average points tally of the winners.

I would say the average points tally required to win is much lower. 
For example 72 points would have been enough to win the league last season, Leicester got 81 but Arsenal in 2nd only had 71.
The year before 80 point was good enough.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 11:53pm

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Indeed.

Thanks Stato Thumbs Up

I assume 85.8 points is the average points tally of the winners.
Correct.

I would say the average points tally required to win is much lower.
For example 72 points would have been enough to win the league last season, Leicester got 81 but Arsenal in 2nd only had 71.
The year before 80 point was good enough.
No.

For to win the League, you have to gain more points than the top team, not the next best team.

That is, for any team to win the EPL last season, they'd have needed to gain 82 points (i.e. one more than LCFC), or 81 but with a superior GD.

(Or to put it another way, LCFC might have only needed 72+ points to win the Lge, but all the 19 others needed 81 or 82.)

Edited by Territorial - 04 Apr 2017 at 11:55pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 10:06pm
Great win for Spurs tonight after being 1-0 down so early. Looks like we dominated the stats so good to get the reward at the end.
Stones missed a late chance but with the other top 4 contenders all dropping points it was a good night.

That's 5 wins in a row for spurs in the EPL. The record is six so good chance to beat that.
Two home games next - Watford and Bournemouth.

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 10:10pm
Great win for them and I can see it continuing all the way to the end of the season. Awful pity that City didn't nick a result. If they had, with Spurs late comeback as well, you can only imagine the momentum change that could possibly happen in the title race.

As it is, I still think they are in with a shout, albeit a small one. Think that gap to Chelsea will close by the end of the PL, but very tough now to see where 7 or more dropped points come from.

Btw, Alli playing almost as a centre forward now. Just keeps coming up with the goods. This lad is a gem, absolutely priceless player.
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 10:45pm
what a great win tonight , the 2nd and 3rd goals were class.

Son needs to be given credit for the way he is performing , put in a huge shift ...full of energy 

Even Jansen did well

Kills me to see Spurs doing so we'll for 2nd 
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 10:59pm
Was that Jansen who put in a lovely backheel assist for the second? Lovely touch if it was {couldn't tell as watching a few dodgy streams at once!}
HelloBarry View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelloBarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Was that Jansen who put in a lovely backheel assist for the second? Lovely touch if it was {couldn't tell as watching a few dodgy streams at once!}

It was him.
Quit while you are ahead.
All the best gamblers do.

http://blog.sbobet.com/tips
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 11:11am
That was an outrageously good assist from Janssen. Top class.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 11:26am
Loved Eriksson's goal.

With 15 mins to go Spurs were 12/1. I was tempted but didn't go for it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

With 15 mins to go Spurs were 12/1. I was tempted but didn't go for it.

• Tottenham Hotspur (29) have won more points in 2017 than any other Premier League team (W9 D2 L1).
  • Spurs have won 17 points from losing positions in the Premier League this season; more than any other side in the competition.
  • In fact, under Mauricio Pochettino Tottenham have won 53 points from losing positions - 13 more than any other Premier League side in that time.
  • No Premier League team has scored more 90th minute winning goals this season than Tottenham (3 - level with Arsenal).
  • Dele Alli has been involved in 13 goals in 12 Premier League games for Tottenham in 2017 so far (9 goals, 4 assists).
  • Alli has yet to lose a Premier League game in which he has scored, winning 16 and drawing five. Christian Eriksen has been directly involved in 10 goals in his seven Premier League games against Swansea (6 goals, 4 assists).
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39426837

Meanwhile...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39517729

LOL

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:03pm
lovely lay off and great goal by Spurs
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

lovely lay off and great goal by Spurs

Spurs on fire at the moment.
Harry back on the bench which is great timing with the FA cup semi final in a few weeks.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:17pm
Surprised Kane is back so quick as that was a rotten injury with his ankle getting caught in between the ground and the defender's legs.

Seeing as Spurs are too far ahead to catch for United I'd love to see them win the league. 2nd would still be a great season if they manage to finish ahead of Liverpool/City/United and Arsenal.

Hope they win the FA Cup
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 238>
  Share Topic