Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The State of Neymar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Which highlighted part are you referring to my good man - the fact that Xavi, Messi and Iniesta are greats of the game?

Or do you question that Neymar is an absolute poison of a footballer?

The fact that you are holding up Messi as a stand up, honest guy and Neymar the satan of football. 

Big question marks over Xavi and Iniesta's off field pick me ups too but that's a different matter that football fans like kept under the carpet. 
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:36pm
I never mentioned anything to do with the on/off field antics of any of Messi,Xavi or Iniesta. I called them 3 football greats, which they are undoubtedly. Can you show me where I put them on a pedestal regarding their behaviour?

Neymar behaved disgracefully last night, as he has done on many nights playing football. Can anyone on here deny that he is a cheat on the pitch? Why do people constantly go off topic when talking about Neymars cheating, is it because they can't defend this toad?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I never mentioned anything to do with the on/off field antics of any of Messi,Xavi or Iniesta. I called them 3 football greats, which they are undoubtedly. Can you show me where I put them on a pedestal regarding their behaviour?

Neymar behaved disgracefully last night, as he has done on many nights playing football. Can anyone on here deny that he is a cheat on the pitch? Why do people constantly go off topic when talking about Neymars cheating, is it because they can't defend this toad?

You changed the goal posts when mentioning Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. 

If you are going to call Neymar poison for being "a cheat" then remember the other players you are holding up in such esteem. Good man.
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:42pm
All footballers cheat whether it's diving, shirt pulling, tactical fouling/handballs, conning the ref by claiming it's their freekick/throw in/offside, trying to injure an opponent, match fixing or taking performance enhancing drugs.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

All footballers cheat whether it's diving, shirt pulling, tactical fouling/handballs, conning the ref by claiming it's their freekick/throw in/offside, trying to injure an opponent, match fixing or taking performance enhancing drugs.

Clap

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:59pm
Maybe someone should change the title of the thread so lads to ' the state of all footballers'.

Ye don't seem to be able to simply say whether Neymar is a cheat or not. Nobody on this thread is speaking of every footballer on the planet - we are speaking about Neymar. My own belief is that he is a cancer in the game and embodies everything that's wrong within the beautiful game.

Will ye just stay silent or will ye say what ye truly think of Neymar?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 12:05am
He's a great footballer one of the best around to watch. He cheats, he dives. It would be great if he didn't, just like it would be great if his opponents didn't regularly cynically foul him, we'd see even more brilliant football then.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 12:29am
Neymar: Triffic player to watch. Cant be arsed if he makes a meal out of being kicked. He entertains me and players that go around kicking people don't. Couldnt be arsed if he takes a dive, I am more full of dislike of players that pull shirts and cynically foul people. They are the ones ruining the game. 

Neymar is what Joe Public pays to see. Plus Neymar cheats a lot less than defenders.

Edited by Landon Donovan - 03 Oct 2013 at 12:32am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 12:36am
Can't say I agree that Neymar cheats a lot less than defenders - Scott Brown clerly had a little kick out at him yesterday. If Neymar doesn't react so disgracefully though there's no chance brown will get sent off. Neymar gets him sent off by plain cheating.

Does Neymar regularly get red carded when defenders cheat him as ye espouse?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 1:03am
First of all, justice was done in that game, Brown deserved to be sent off, even if Neymar's theatrics helped.

Neymar is most likely going to be put out for much longer than a 3 game ban with an injury at some stage. It's a miracle it didn't happen in South America. It's also amazing that it hasn't really happened to Messi and Ronaldo. But I'm sure these kicks will take their toll in the long run.

Dives win frees, penalties and get people sent off.
Fouling breaks the oppositions rhythm, slows the game down, prevents goals and injures opponents.

Edited by tribalarmy - 03 Oct 2013 at 1:03am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 1:20am
Fouls get punished. Be they with free kicks, penalties, yellow or red cards. In a good few instances fouls are even dealt with retrospectively and suspensions handed out. Fouling is not cheating, its fouling and it's dealt with depending on the seriousness of the instance.

Ye lads are blabbering absolute nonsense in fairness. Neymar felt the touch of a foot on his back as he fell. He screamed in pain and rolled around for one reason only - to get a player sent off. Now that is cheating, and sadly he will not be dealt with for his actions retrospectively.

Let me ask ye this, if Neymar got a game or 2 ban for his b*llox acting, do you think he'd be up to that cheating again anytime soon?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 1:31am
Just because something is punished doesn't mean it is not cheating.

Simulation is punished by yellow card. I do think there should be retrospective action taken, 3 match bans should be handed out. It would lessen the amount of diving, but it would still happen in desperate situations where players feel it's worth the risk.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Neymar: Triffic player to watch. Cant be arsed if he makes a meal out of being kicked. He entertains me and players that go around kicking people don't. Couldnt be arsed if he takes a dive, I am more full of dislike of players that pull shirts and cynically foul people. They are the ones ruining the game. 

Neymar is what Joe Public pays to see. Plus Neymar cheats a lot less than defenders.

Yet you have a deep rooted hatred for Messi asking Guardiola can he hav a can of coke LOL
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yet you have a deep rooted hatred for Messi asking Guardiola can he hav a can of coke LOL
it all depends who is doin the kicking,if you know what I mean 'cream buns' and all that

Edited by jinky - 03 Oct 2013 at 9:03am
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 9:12am

Nope I am just trying to fight the myth that Messi is an angel, of which recent media stories have proven me right Thumbs Up
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 9:13am
Originally posted by jinky jinky wrote:

it all depends who is doin the kicking,if you know what I mean 'cream buns' and all that

I am an athiest Jinky.

Mods??????????? Why is he still here?
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 9:16am
Just a pity Bobo Balde wasnt aroung tuesday night.........i'm sure defenders are aware that fancy dans like yerman are going to dive all day long. So they may as well give him a proper wallop that he'll feel. If enough defenders done this, he stop his antics quick enough.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

If enough defenders done this, he stop his antics quick enough.

Stupid statement. You do realise he got the sh*t kicked out of him in South America? It doesn't stop anyone from diving, if anything they dive more to look for protection from referees.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic