Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=44899
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 3:26pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The State of Neymar
Posted By: nvidic
Subject: The State of Neymar
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 10:39pm
I already hate this diving ***t, get of the floor for f**ks sake, light breeze would push him over, the thought of himself and busquets together at Theatrics FCDead

Replies:
Posted By: KevinM
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 11:00pm
he was fairly shocking at the end, trying to get the defender done for an elbow when he wasn't even touched Thumbs Down

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:11am
It's a shame him and Hulk where playing on the same side tonight.

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:12am
Horrible cúnt. I hope he does sh*t at Barca and is shipped back to Brazil asap.
Diving, cheating Censored

-------------
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!

Posted By: IrishPride
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:46am
Originally posted by BaileNuisBhoy BaileNuisBhoy wrote:

He'll be encouraged to do it at barcaDead

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 6:57am
Originally posted by IrishPride IrishPride wrote:

Originally posted by BaileNuisBhoy BaileNuisBhoy wrote:

He'll be encouraged to do it at barcaDead

How could you say that?! They're the shining light of football.Busquets and Pedro wouldn't dream of encouraging him the act the prick on the field.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 7:05am
Yep don't like him at all , the dude should be in a swimming  pool than a football field with the amount of dives he takes .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 7:15am
Its annoying when you see a player of his ability diving around like a coont.

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 9:13am
Man United fans giving out about players diving

For the record: diving

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: jinky
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 9:19am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

-------------
tir gan teanga ,tir gan anam

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 9:21am

these ***ts are allowed to get away with it. FIFA could stamp it out if they wanted , same with abusing the officials

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 9:51am

-------------

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 9:54am
Disgracefull. Already find him overhyped etc, but this just adds to it.

Class video Podge!

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 10:17am
This might sound daft, but diving and cheating is that widespread in the game at the minute that it doesn't really bother me anymore.
The vast majority of players do it these days to gain an advantage.

On a seperate note, a lot of the fouls that you see given where there is contact shouldn't be knocking down big strong players. Players look and wait for any type of the slightest contact and go down and get the free, then when the replay is shown and its proven that there is very slight contact all commentators and pundits are in agreement that it was a freekick. Its a non contact sport in almost all aspects now.

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

This might sound daft, but diving and cheating is that widespread in the game at the minute that it doesn't really bother me anymore.
The vast majority of players do it these days to gain an advantage.

On a seperate note, a lot of the fouls that you see given where there is contact shouldn't be knocking down big strong players. Players look and wait for any type of the slightest contact and go down and get the free, then when the replay is shown and its proven that there is very slight contact all commentators and pundits are in agreement that it was a freekick. Its a non contact sport in almost all aspects now.

Ye diving is so widespread its just become part of the game imo

Its funny mayomark sl*gging united fans for giving out about divers- wasnt it michael owen who said he was encouraged to go down in the box at any slight contact from a young age- their club captain would never dive though in fairness

Lads wake up theres divers at every club

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 10:23am

Any fan giving out about diving.  LOL

We are all Ireland fans on here for the most part and we have players that dive too. Duffer was a diver.   

LIverpool have divers. Spurs have divers. Madrid have divers, Barca have divers. Bohs and Rovers have divers.   

I would not be surprised if you own club has them too Mark 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 10:26am
Doesn't mean should accept it, its ruining the game , barca lads (neymar included) seem eb worst for it, go over for nothing

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 10:33am
it shoudl not be accepted at all

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

We are all Ireland fans on here for the most part and we have players that dive too. Duffer was a diver.   

LIverpool have divers. Spurs have divers. Madrid have divers, Barca have divers. Bohs and Rovers have divers.   

I said this on another thread last night. Duff's dive against Spain in 2002, Keane dived against Russia in 2010. I'm sure there's plenty more if I thought about it enough. It happens everywhere, it's not just a Barca-Real or Latin American issue. I don't like it but it's a part of the game now and it's not going to change. No point in moaning about it because every team has players who do it.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 10:49am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I said this on another thread last night. Duff's dive against Spain in 2002, Keane dived against Russia in 2010. I'm sure there's plenty more if I thought about it enough. It happens everywhere, it's not just a Barca-Real or Latin American issue. I don't like it but it's a part of the game now and it's not going to change. No point in moaning about it because every team has players who do it.

This quote with a few adjustments could be in the anglo tapes thread Wink

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 10:49am
you have to see theres a difference between the occasional tumble to falling over 7/8/9 times in one game and rolling around like a fool

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 10:57am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

you have to see theres a difference between the occasional tumble to falling over 7/8/9 times in one game and rolling around like a fool
Yeah, Neymar looked like a right clown last night, reminded me of Rivaldo against Turkey in 2002 when the ball hit him in the knee and he went down holding his head. I suppose there's a difference between diving and play acting.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 11:15am
No will to stamp it out.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 11:35am
Pepe another man for this. Think its more a Latin thing. Remember I was walking on a beach in Portugal during Euro 08 and some of the kids where playing on the beach. They were on the floor rolling and diving. It's either a cultural thing in their football or they have a very low pain threshold.

There are exceptions to the rules although, such as the tough as nails Lugano.

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 11:41am
Neymar is well known for this. Phil Vickery has been saying for years that Neymar will get a rude awakening when he moves to Europe (even to Barca) as Brazillian refs have been giving him a free if someone looks at him funny. Protecting the league's superstar.

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:11pm
There should be a review panel covering every game, any serial diving should be nipped asap with 3 game ban's (minimum) throw out. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: Mulvanystrasse
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:15pm
Neymar has been bouncing around like a flea in this tournament.

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:38pm

no doubt Baldrick but that's not my business. No player of mine will dive, I make sure of it

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 2:12pm
Diving
Players targeting superior players and kicking the sh*te out of them.

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 2:18pm
Lads Lads , ye are being too harsh on the lad.. BigPodge omitted the weapon from his snap.

http://i.imgur.com/24xW7sD.gif

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 2:28pm
LOLClap

-------------

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 3:40pm
One of the lads has come up with an idea , now not sure if it's new or not . But if  player goes down then he has to leave the pitch for 3 minutes " playing time " , now he can roll about for a while but the 3 mins will not start until he has left the pitch . Do you think that would stop any of this ????

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: keitho5
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

One of the lads has come up with an idea , now not sure if it's new or not . But if  player goes down then he has to leave the pitch for 3 minutes " playing time " , now he can roll about for a while but the 3 mins will not start until he has left the pitch . Do you think that would stop any of this ????

So if I'm playing messi all I have to do is go around clattering him to the ground and if he stays down at all he'll have to go off for 3 mins Confused

-------------
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 11:51am
Where a player is booked for diving, the play should be stopped for 10 seconds, your man made stand in the centre circle while the crowd point at him and laugh.......problem solved.

Of course depending whether its for you or gainst you the termonology changes from "diving" to "winning your team a free/penalty"........when Duffer dived against Spain in 2002 we all went nudge nidge wink wink good man Damian.......when Gerets dived in 81 it was  "dirty cheating bastard".......

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 11:57am
He was poor against Uruguay but has been excellent in the other games so far. I love watching Barca but was unsure about this signing. He has all the ability in the world but it will be interesting to see how he performs in the big games. He will murder the lower end Spanish sides but will be do it against Madrid and in the CL games. Time will tell but one thing is for sure, he will create more space for Messi which will be a good thing. He will need to learn to not take so much out of the ball when he gets it. Barca thrive on swift concise passing moves. He's gonna have to know when to take people on and when to make the simple pass.

Posted By: counterlock
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

He will murder the lower end Spanish sides but will be do it against Madrid and in the CL games.

Put me in that current Barca side and I'll do that for you

Posted By: RKeane
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 1:13pm

Barcelona don't deserve the praise they get with the likes of Busquets,Mascherano,Alba and Pedro Diving is a disgrace

-------------
YESSSS! IT'S THERE

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

Barcelona don't deserve the praise they get with the likes of Busquets,Mascherano,Alba and Pedro Diving is a disgrace

CRonaldo, Nani, Valencia, Young, Rooney......

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 5:00pm

He was poor against Uruguay

And he still created both the goals they scored.

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

He was poor against Uruguay

And he still created both the goals they scored.

No arguments there. He has incredible ability. His performance against Mexico was amazing. Hopefully his work rate is up to Barca standard and he fulfills his potential. He's only 21.
I can't help fearing that he may become Robinho II though

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 5:28pm

Indeed, after all these are the only players that dive in football.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 5:51pm
United fans will never get over the trauma of the assraping their team took from Barca in both CL finals

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 6:03pm

United fans will never get over the trauma of the assraping their team took from Barca in both CL finals

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

CRonaldo, Nani, Valencia, Young, Rooney......

I'm EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed for you

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 10:33am
They've never dived in their lives no ?
Im scarleh for you !

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 1:21am
What happened tonight??? Moleman/Vidic did he fall over hhahaqhahahahahahhahq

-------------

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 1:22am
world football legendCool

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 9:44am
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

What happened tonight??? Moleman/Vidic did he fall over hhahaqhahahahahahhahq

Aye a few times alright if you were watching, good bit more than messi usually does last few games so just a tad hypocritical on your part

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 4:07am
This guy is an absolute cancer in the game of football. Not of the benign kind either.

No doubt he is a talented player {aren't there thousands of them out there}, but his attitude is so disgusting, it makes me want to turn off the tv when he's playing.

Barca have 3 of the greatest footballers of all time in their side in Xavi, Iniesta and Messi who should be going down in the history books as part of the greatest club side of all time, winning numerous champs league titles in a row. Their transfer policy in the last 3 years has left these lads hanging though, and I reckon this poison of a player is gonna tip Barca over the edge and there will be big fall outs there this season. 

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 7:37am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

This guy is an absolute cancer in the game of football. Not of the benign kind either.

No doubt he is a talented player {aren't there thousands of them out there}, but his attitude is so disgusting, it makes me want to turn off the tv when he's playing.

Barca have 3 of the greatest footballers of all time in their side in Xavi, Iniesta and Messi who should be going down in the history books as part of the greatest club side of all time, winning numerous champs league titles in a row. Their transfer policy in the last 3 years has left these lads hanging though, and I reckon this poison of a player is gonna tip Barca over the edge and there will be big fall outs there this season. 
by   numerous champions leagues you mean 2 and if my memory serves me right I don't think they were ina row. Greatest club side of all time my bollocks How is it possible to claim are the greatest club side ever when you have only seen a certain generation of football player s at there clubs. Even though the European cup has changed radically in the last 15 years some clubs won 3 ina row. Real Madrid 5 in a row

Just remembered that they actually won 3 in the last few years. Still don't cha ge the fact that I can't call them the greatest club side ever

Posted By: GockaRocka
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 10:36pm
Personally I feel dangerous play was more of a scourge on the game than diving.

Give me technically gifted cheat over an honest to goodness mullicker anyday, as a nation we would be a lot better off if we honoured the latter a lot less.

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

by   numerous champions leagues you mean 2 and if my memory serves me right I don't think they were ina row. Greatest club side of all time my bollocks How is it possible to claim are the greatest club side ever when you have only seen a certain generation of football player s at there clubs. Even though the European cup has changed radically in the last 15 years some clubs won 3 ina row. Real Madrid 5 in a row

Just remembered that they actually won 3 in the last few years. Still don't cha ge the fact that I can't call them the greatest club side ever

Apologies, that should have read - Barca have 3 of the greatest footballers of all time in their side in Xavi, Iniesta and Messi. Who should be going down in the history books as part of the greatest club side of all time and should be winning numerous champs league titles in a row but aren't due to their recent ridiculous transfer policies.

My basic point being that their transfer policy has sold these great players short {even though they have won 3 champions leagues}. I believe the Neymar purchase will be the last straw for Barca, Xavi will finish soon but Messi and Iniesta won't want to be playing with some of the utter scutter there in years to come.

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 12:04am
How can a man who is simply just a footballer and a bloody brilliant one be "utter scum"? He kicks a football for a living, he's not a rapist or a murderer FFS.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 2:29am
I hate diving, but FIFA are more worried about spending millions on something that affects one game in a hundred and setting up kangaroo courts for next Summer. Despite his antics though, the guy is class. It will be fascinating to see how him and Messi gel next year. If they click it will be a joy to watch

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 8:27pm
Reminds me of a young Worzel Gummidge...

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Reminds me of a young Worzel Gummidge...

LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 9:01pm
Don't think Brown made much contact,complete overreaction from Neymar.

-------------

Posted By: HateHenry
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 9:51pm
Strachan bulling at the over reaction from Neymar blamin Barca for being at it constantly...Royston nearly burst him, sayin Samaras was at it too...Raised voices, Keane the winner Strachan is a sh*t pundit.

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 10:03pm
least he sorted his hair out, still a gobsh*te

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 10:04pm
Fantastic footballer.

Posted By: sluggermagoo
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 10:05pm
Thought he was average tonight.

-------------
This should be good....

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by sluggermagoo sluggermagoo wrote:

Thought he was average tonight.

Thought he was good myself. Stepped up in the absence of Messi. Barcelona's biggest attacking threat, tested Forster more than anyone and he provided the decisive pass to set Sanchez free for the goal. I liked the way he wasn't contained to the left wing although that will change again when Messi comes back. Himself and Bartra are the ones getting the praise in the Catalan press.

Posted By: JohnnyD87
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 11:26pm
At the match 2nite, he's a f*ckin disgrace! Didn't tink he did much!

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 11:26pm

Fantastic footballer.

The one fact that seems to constantly get ignored about him.Theres worse out there at playacting too

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 11:28pm

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 11:34pm
My only issue with him tonight is why wasn't he booked in the first half for diving?
Did FIFA/UEFA not bring in punishment for divers? or is it just whenever the ref feels like booking the player? Not hard to be consistent, a dive = yellow

I have no anger towards Neymar for what happened in the 2nd half to be honest 

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 11:45pm

My only issue with him tonight is why wasn't he booked in the first half for diving?
Did FIFA/UEFA not bring in punishment for divers? or is it just whenever the ref feels like booking the player? Not hard to be consistent, a dive = yellow

I have no anger towards Neymar for what happened in the 2nd half to be honest 

spot on

but i feel Celtic are looked at as just a little club like one of those from romainia/czech rep/ bulgarian team where it doesnt really matter what are opinion is , Scotland os a **** ass hole afterall

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 1:13am
He's a talent but he's a ***t. I've slaughtered Brown and he had to go but Neymar made a four course meal of it as he always does. Good teacher in Alves, I hope Brazil bomb next Summer. Samba my hole.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 1:39am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

He's a talent but he's a ***t. I've slaughtered Brown and he had to go but Neymar made a four course meal of it as he always does. Good teacher in Alves, I hope Brazil bomb next Summer. Samba my hole.

Do you hope every nation fails at the world cup? They all have divers and all cheat in one way or another, from Belgium to Germany to Chile.

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 10:51pm
He's an absolute poison and no country has a diver and a cheat like this fella. He's also highly over-rated, people comparing him to messi before he went to Barca Embarrassed

The biggest pity is with the purchase of toxic players like Neymar, it's hard to shout for some of the greats of the game that they do have in Xavi, Messi, Iniesta. As a neutral in most European ties, this makes me Cry

-------------

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 10:55pm

He's an absolute poison and no country has a diver and a cheat like this fella. He's also highly over-rated, people comparing him to messi before he went to Barca Embarrassed

The biggest pity is with the purchase of toxic players like Neymar, it's hard to shout for some of the greats of the game that they do have in Xavi, Messi, Iniesta. As a neutral in most European ties, this makes me Cry

Hil-focking-lair 

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:02pm
Which highlighted part are you referring to my good man - the fact that Xavi, Messi and Iniesta are greats of the game?

Or do you question that Neymar is an absolute poison of a footballer?

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:11pm

Which highlighted part are you referring to my good man - the fact that Xavi, Messi and Iniesta are greats of the game?

Or do you question that Neymar is an absolute poison of a footballer?

The fact that you are holding up Messi as a stand up, honest guy and Neymar the satan of football. 

Big question marks over Xavi and Iniesta's off field pick me ups too but that's a different matter that football fans like kept under the carpet. 

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:36pm
I never mentioned anything to do with the on/off field antics of any of Messi,Xavi or Iniesta. I called them 3 football greats, which they are undoubtedly. Can you show me where I put them on a pedestal regarding their behaviour?

Neymar behaved disgracefully last night, as he has done on many nights playing football. Can anyone on here deny that he is a cheat on the pitch? Why do people constantly go off topic when talking about Neymars cheating, is it because they can't defend this toad?

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:42pm

I never mentioned anything to do with the on/off field antics of any of Messi,Xavi or Iniesta. I called them 3 football greats, which they are undoubtedly. Can you show me where I put them on a pedestal regarding their behaviour?

Neymar behaved disgracefully last night, as he has done on many nights playing football. Can anyone on here deny that he is a cheat on the pitch? Why do people constantly go off topic when talking about Neymars cheating, is it because they can't defend this toad?

You changed the goal posts when mentioning Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. 

If you are going to call Neymar poison for being "a cheat" then remember the other players you are holding up in such esteem. Good man.

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:42pm
All footballers cheat whether it's diving, shirt pulling, tactical fouling/handballs, conning the ref by claiming it's their freekick/throw in/offside, trying to injure an opponent, match fixing or taking performance enhancing drugs.

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:45pm

All footballers cheat whether it's diving, shirt pulling, tactical fouling/handballs, conning the ref by claiming it's their freekick/throw in/offside, trying to injure an opponent, match fixing or taking performance enhancing drugs.

Clap

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:59pm
Maybe someone should change the title of the thread so lads to ' the state of all footballers'.

Ye don't seem to be able to simply say whether Neymar is a cheat or not. Nobody on this thread is speaking of every footballer on the planet - we are speaking about Neymar. My own belief is that he is a cancer in the game and embodies everything that's wrong within the beautiful game.

Will ye just stay silent or will ye say what ye truly think of Neymar?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 12:05am
He's a great footballer one of the best around to watch. He cheats, he dives. It would be great if he didn't, just like it would be great if his opponents didn't regularly cynically foul him, we'd see even more brilliant football then.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 12:29am
Neymar: Triffic player to watch. Cant be arsed if he makes a meal out of being kicked. He entertains me and players that go around kicking people don't. Couldnt be arsed if he takes a dive, I am more full of dislike of players that pull shirts and cynically foul people. They are the ones ruining the game. 

Neymar is what Joe Public pays to see. Plus Neymar cheats a lot less than defenders.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 12:36am
Can't say I agree that Neymar cheats a lot less than defenders - Scott Brown clerly had a little kick out at him yesterday. If Neymar doesn't react so disgracefully though there's no chance brown will get sent off. Neymar gets him sent off by plain cheating.

Does Neymar regularly get red carded when defenders cheat him as ye espouse?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 1:03am
First of all, justice was done in that game, Brown deserved to be sent off, even if Neymar's theatrics helped.

Neymar is most likely going to be put out for much longer than a 3 game ban with an injury at some stage. It's a miracle it didn't happen in South America. It's also amazing that it hasn't really happened to Messi and Ronaldo. But I'm sure these kicks will take their toll in the long run.

Dives win frees, penalties and get people sent off.
Fouling breaks the oppositions rhythm, slows the game down, prevents goals and injures opponents.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 1:20am
Fouls get punished. Be they with free kicks, penalties, yellow or red cards. In a good few instances fouls are even dealt with retrospectively and suspensions handed out. Fouling is not cheating, its fouling and it's dealt with depending on the seriousness of the instance.

Ye lads are blabbering absolute nonsense in fairness. Neymar felt the touch of a foot on his back as he fell. He screamed in pain and rolled around for one reason only - to get a player sent off. Now that is cheating, and sadly he will not be dealt with for his actions retrospectively.

Let me ask ye this, if Neymar got a game or 2 ban for his b*llox acting, do you think he'd be up to that cheating again anytime soon?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 1:31am
Just because something is punished doesn't mean it is not cheating.

Simulation is punished by yellow card. I do think there should be retrospective action taken, 3 match bans should be handed out. It would lessen the amount of diving, but it would still happen in desperate situations where players feel it's worth the risk.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Neymar: Triffic player to watch. Cant be arsed if he makes a meal out of being kicked. He entertains me and players that go around kicking people don't. Couldnt be arsed if he takes a dive, I am more full of dislike of players that pull shirts and cynically foul people. They are the ones ruining the game. 

Neymar is what Joe Public pays to see. Plus Neymar cheats a lot less than defenders.

Yet you have a deep rooted hatred for Messi asking Guardiola can he hav a can of coke LOL

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 9:02am

Yet you have a deep rooted hatred for Messi asking Guardiola can he hav a can of coke LOL
it all depends who is doin the kicking,if you know what I mean 'cream buns' and all that

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 9:12am

Nope I am just trying to fight the myth that Messi is an angel, of which recent media stories have proven me right Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 9:13am
Originally posted by jinky jinky wrote:

it all depends who is doin the kicking,if you know what I mean 'cream buns' and all that

I am an athiest Jinky.

Mods??????????? Why is he still here?

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 9:16am
Just a pity Bobo Balde wasnt aroung tuesday night.........i'm sure defenders are aware that fancy dans like yerman are going to dive all day long. So they may as well give him a proper wallop that he'll feel. If enough defenders done this, he stop his antics quick enough.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

If enough defenders done this, he stop his antics quick enough.

Stupid statement. You do realise he got the sh*t kicked out of him in South America? It doesn't stop anyone from diving, if anything they dive more to look for protection from referees.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 11:04am

Originally posted by jinky jinky wrote:

I am an athiest Jinky.

I never mentioned religion

-------------

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 11:06am
Scott Brown deserved to go. He is the captain of club and country and at 28 needs to cop on. Neymar's theatrics are somewhat moot as it was a clear red.

However, I am still very surprised that Barca signed this flute. He seems to be everything they have tried to avoid in a player - and Real Madrid try and attract. He obviously has talent, but he is a massively overrated player at this moment in time. One goal so far in a Barca team dishing out maulings every week.

He seems to have that whole playboy Ronaldo short short wearing diving and whinging buzz happening and I can see him being the new Denilson.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 11:07am

Why are you still here? You admit you aren't really a football fan...

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 11:08am
dont like or rate him

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 11:33am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Scott Brown deserved to go. He is the captain of club and country and at 28 needs to cop on. Neymar's theatrics are somewhat moot as it was a clear red.

However, I am still very surprised that Barca signed this flute. He seems to be everything they have tried to avoid in a player - and Real Madrid try and attract. He obviously has talent, but he is a massively overrated player at this moment in time. One goal so far in a Barca team dishing out maulings every week.

He seems to have that whole playboy Ronaldo short short wearing diving and whinging buzz happening and I can see him being the new Denilson.

2 goals and 5 assists so far for Barcelona. A solid start for a wide forward. He is an excellent creator and he's showing that already.

He is 21 years old and all ready has 26 goals and 16 assists for Brazil. I don't think there is any chance of him becoming "the new Denilson". By the time he's 23/24 he'll probably be in the top 5 scorers for the Brazilian national team ever. Ahead of the likes of Rivaldo and Ronaldinho.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 11:43am

Jesus Tribal - You related to Yerman ?? Plenty of brazilian blood around Galway these days Wink

Yerman wouldnt be so flash if he was regularly up against the Paola Montero's of this world.....

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 11:53am

Can't say I agree that Neymar cheats a lot less than defenders - Scott Brown clerly had a little kick out at him yesterday. If Neymar doesn't react so disgracefully though there's no chance brown will get sent off. Neymar gets him sent off by plain cheating.

What a ridiculous thing to say, Brown kicked him so no matter how Neymar reacted he had to go, i'd consider kicking out at a player far worse than simulation, both are terrible and should carry hefty fines/suspensions but a diver never hurt anybody, Neymar did not get him sent off!

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 12:50pm

2 goals and 5 assists so far for Barcelona. A solid start for a wide forward. He is an excellent creator and he's showing that already.

He is 21 years old and all ready has 26 goals and 16 assists for Brazil. I don't think there is any chance of him becoming "the new Denilson". By the time he's 23/24 he'll probably be in the top 5 scorers for the Brazilian national team ever. Ahead of the likes of Rivaldo and Ronaldinho.
I think you have deliberately misunderstood what I said. I thought it was one goal, but regardless, the boy is obviously able to play a bit. I am questioning whether at 21 he is anywhere near Barca standard physically, technically or mentally YET. He was signed with as much an eye on the WC and shifting shirts than scoring goals.

I think he is in the deep end with the expectation that goes with his price tag and he may well sink.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

I think you have deliberately misunderstood what I said. I thought it was one goal, but regardless, the boy is obviously able to play a bit. I am questioning whether at 21 he is anywhere near Barca standard physically, technically or mentally YET. He was signed with as much an eye on the WC and shifting shirts than scoring goals.

I think he is in the deep end with the expectation that goes with his price tag and he may well sing.

The early signs suggest he certainly is. His perfromances for Brazil also suggest he is.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 1:52pm
I disagree. He wasn't special v Celtic, certainly not to the level the hype is.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net