Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The State of Neymar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Man United fans giving out about players diving

For the record: diving

Any fan giving out about diving.  LOL

We are all Ireland fans on here for the most part and we have players that dive too. Duffer was a diver.   

LIverpool have divers. Spurs have divers. Madrid have divers, Barca have divers. Bohs and Rovers have divers.   

I would not be surprised if you own club has them too Mark 
I said this on another thread last night. Duff's dive against Spain in 2002, Keane dived against Russia in 2010. I'm sure there's plenty more if I thought about it enough. It happens everywhere, it's not just a Barca-Real or Latin American issue. I don't like it but it's a part of the game now and it's not going to change. No point in moaning about it because every team has players who do it.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 10:49am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Any fan giving out about diving.  LOL

We are all Ireland fans on here for the most part and we have players that dive too. Duffer was a diver.   

LIverpool have divers. Spurs have divers. Madrid have divers, Barca have divers. Bohs and Rovers have divers.   

I would not be surprised if you own club has them too Mark 
I said this on another thread last night. Duff's dive against Spain in 2002, Keane dived against Russia in 2010. I'm sure there's plenty more if I thought about it enough. It happens everywhere, it's not just a Barca-Real or Latin American issue. I don't like it but it's a part of the game now and it's not going to change. No point in moaning about it because every team has players who do it.

This quote with a few adjustments could be in the anglo tapes thread Wink
AKA pedantic kunt
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 10:49am
you have to see theres a difference between the occasional tumble to falling over 7/8/9 times in one game and rolling around like a fool
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 10:57am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

you have to see theres a difference between the occasional tumble to falling over 7/8/9 times in one game and rolling around like a fool
Yeah, Neymar looked like a right clown last night, reminded me of Rivaldo against Turkey in 2002 when the ball hit him in the knee and he went down holding his head. I suppose there's a difference between diving and play acting.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 11:15am
No will to stamp it out.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 11:35am
Pepe another man for this. Think its more a Latin thing. Remember I was walking on a beach in Portugal during Euro 08 and some of the kids where playing on the beach. They were on the floor rolling and diving. It's either a cultural thing in their football or they have a very low pain threshold.

There are exceptions to the rules although, such as the tough as nails Lugano.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 11:41am
Neymar is well known for this. Phil Vickery has been saying for years that Neymar will get a rude awakening when he moves to Europe (even to Barca) as Brazillian refs have been giving him a free if someone looks at him funny. Protecting the league's superstar.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:11pm
There should be a review panel covering every game, any serial diving should be nipped asap with 3 game ban's (minimum) throw out. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:15pm
Neymar has been bouncing around like a flea in this tournament.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:38pm

I would not be surprised if you own club has them too MarkĀ 
no doubt Baldrick but that's not my business. No player of mine will dive, I make sure of it
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 2:12pm
Diving
Players targeting superior players and kicking the sh*te out of them.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 2:18pm
Lads Lads , ye are being too harsh on the lad.. BigPodge omitted the weapon from his snap.

http://i.imgur.com/24xW7sD.gif
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 2:28pm
LOLClap
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 3:40pm
One of the lads has come up with an idea , now not sure if it's new or not . But if  player goes down then he has to leave the pitch for 3 minutes " playing time " , now he can roll about for a while but the 3 mins will not start until he has left the pitch . Do you think that would stop any of this ????
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
keitho5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keitho5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

One of the lads has come up with an idea , now not sure if it's new or not . But if  player goes down then he has to leave the pitch for 3 minutes " playing time " , now he can roll about for a while but the 3 mins will not start until he has left the pitch . Do you think that would stop any of this ????

So if I'm playing messi all I have to do is go around clattering him to the ground and if he stays down at all he'll have to go off for 3 mins Confused
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 11:51am
Where a player is booked for diving, the play should be stopped for 10 seconds, your man made stand in the centre circle while the crowd point at him and laugh.......problem solved.

Of course depending whether its for you or gainst you the termonology changes from "diving" to "winning your team a free/penalty"........when Duffer dived against Spain in 2002 we all went nudge nidge wink wink good man Damian.......when Gerets dived in 81 it was  "dirty cheating bastard".......
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 11:57am
He was poor against Uruguay but has been excellent in the other games so far. I love watching Barca but was unsure about this signing. He has all the ability in the world but it will be interesting to see how he performs in the big games. He will murder the lower end Spanish sides but will be do it against Madrid and in the CL games. Time will tell but one thing is for sure, he will create more space for Messi which will be a good thing. He will need to learn to not take so much out of the ball when he gets it. Barca thrive on swift concise passing moves. He's gonna have to know when to take people on and when to make the simple pass.
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

He will murder the lower end Spanish sides but will be do it against Madrid and in the CL games.

Put me in that current Barca side and I'll do that for you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic