Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warrior Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 11:26pm
Back to adidas for me.
Sponsored Links

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 11:29pm
Macron for me ClapClap
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Back to adidas for me.

Clap
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 11:42pm
Wouldn't mind seeing what Puma would come up with for us

but Adidas would be great! Horrible to see them make stuff for the pub team. They can do so much better!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 11:46pm
same sh*t, different day
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 12:00am
http://www.solocheck.ie/PurchasedCoReport?companyNumber=152987

If anyone wants to pay the money and go sieving through the details. I don't think umbro here actually has anything to do with umbro international. Umbro international seized to exist here in 1978 (http://www.solocheck.ie/PurchasedCoReport?companyNumber=62252) and umbro financial seized to exist in 2000 (http://www.solocheck.ie/PurchasedCoReport?companyNumber=273839).

I think Umbro here is actually toplion sportswear http://www.toplion.com/contacts.html

Edited by seanyshuffler - 26 Jun 2013 at 12:01am
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 12:18am
Think they bought an Umbro franchise Seany.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I see . I like a lot of umbro gear, especially some of the anthem jackets. Obviously the big 3 on it ruins most things. Unfortunately, no matter which company produces are gear we are going to be stuck with a sponsor on the front.

Edited by seanyshuffler - 26 Jun 2013 at 12:33am
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 1:01am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I see . I like a lot of umbro gear, especially some of the anthem jackets. Obviously the big 3 on it ruins most things. Unfortunately, no matter which company produces are gear we are going to be stuck with a sponsor on the front.

I don't really care if it's made by Michael Guiney's, I just hope we get rid of that poxy sponsor. We are still the only country in the world who doesn't have a genuine replica kit for sale. If there is a new manufacturer we should organise a boycott until they get rid of the sponsor - hit em where it hurts.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 1:10am
Ah great, hadn't seen one of these threads in a while.  FAI in debt up to their bollix  - solution - find a sponsor willing to sponsor the FAI without putting their logo on the shirt. Sure there must be loads of sponsors willing to do that, given the current economic boom time we are living in. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 1:25am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Ah great, hadn't seen one of these threads in a while.  FAI in debt up to their bollix  - solution - find a sponsor willing to sponsor the FAI without putting their logo on the shirt. Sure there must be loads of sponsors willing to do that, given the current economic boom time we are living in.

Why should we remain the only nation in the world who puts up with this nonsense? We cheer on our team when we're getting hopped off, never cause trouble and are widely regarded as the best supporters of any national team (just look at the effusive comments from people around the world on the yt vids of the fans singing against Spain). We don't owe the FAI anything - they owe us!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 6:52am

Yep be happy to stick with Umbro as for that warrior stuff , naff is one word  for it if you ask me Thumbs Down

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 7:25am
I am the warrior-Patty Smith
Top tune,JCs new theme song
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 9:50am
Originally posted by skylarking skylarking wrote:

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Why should we remain the only nation in the world who puts up with this nonsense? We cheer on our team when we're getting hopped off, never cause trouble and are widely regarded as the best supporters of any national team (just look at the effusive comments from people around the world on the yt vids of the fans singing against Spain). We don't owe the FAI anything - they owe us!

All completely irrelevant. Pandora is out of the box as far as the sponsor goes. Who in the name a jesus is gonna sponsor us for equal or more money and get less return (i.e. the logo plastered everywhere) As Deise says, if the FAI was coming down with cash, no bother at all. Until that shiny new stadium is paid off or 10k people suddenly fancy the idea of the vantage club - forget it.
@AntrimMan85
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 9:55am
toplion on the shirt, jules rimet still gleaming
30 years of sponsorship, never stops us dreaming
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 10:43am
Well AntrimMan, no wonder the FAI continue to act as they do if loyal supporters like yourself are willing to take everything lying down. We're such a passive nation of little bitches sometimes, we just accept everything as it is. What's so hard about a boycott?
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 10:51am
Originally posted by skylarking skylarking wrote:

Well AntrimMan, no wonder the FAI continue to act as they do if loyal supporters like yourself are willing to take everything lying down. We're such a passive nation of little bitches sometimes, we just accept everything as it is. What's so hard about a boycott?

Boycott what? The matches. No. Just no.

The jerseys? Don't generally feel the need to buy the latest jersey but anyway. Look the logo is going nowhere. It'd be interesting to know how much the FAI get from the sponsorship deal as opposed to individual jersey sales. The current contract with Umbro runs to 2020 as JC likes to remind us - not sure about the one with 3.

TBH, i'd rather focus on things we can do something about, .ie, the singing section, atmosphere etc.
@AntrimMan85
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 11:34am
I wonder if umbro international seizes to exist, can umbro Ireland (toplion) produce products for the Irish market?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic