You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding venues in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

The average wedding in Ireland is 23 grand. 50 grand is Celtic Tiger bullsh*t

Saint Tom was quoting 50 grand.  That man is still living in 2006 Wink
AKA pedantic kunt
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 4:57pm
€100 per single guest, €150 to €200 for a couple (say an average of €175).

50 individuals and 50 couples (150 is a normal sized wedding) - yeah, €12,500 to €15,000 would be about right (assuming all guests give you cash rather than buying presents, I suppose). It's still going to set you back a fair bit.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

€100 per single guest, €150 to €200 for a couple (say an average of €175).

50 individuals and 50 couples (150 is a normal sized wedding) - yeah, €12,500 to €15,000 would be about right (assuming all guests give you cash rather than buying presents, I suppose). It's still going to set you back a fair bit.

That is when you start inviting more people as the most expensive guests are the first 100 and after that each guest generally starts paying for themselves and more, so it makes more sense to have a bigger wedding in that regard.   Push for a good 300 size wedding Ger and you may even make a few bob to contribute to ybig charities.  

Edited by Baldrick - 19 Jun 2013 at 5:01pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 5:35pm
http://www.hitched.ie/wedding-venues/kilshane-house_247.htm#pos=12&type=1&lhid=16

Kilshane house in Co Tipperary

This is a great place for a wedding - very chilled out place - I d.j'ed at my good friends sisters wedding - they let the music go on till all hours and then allowed the whole wedding party to have a massive sing song in the residents bar -

lots of accomadation on site - an indoor tropical garden place.

From what my friends said it was also quite reasonably priced -

Edited by Andkend - 19 Jun 2013 at 5:40pm
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:40pm
Ger my brother got married in Trim castle a couple of years ago, brilliant venue, great for photos, staff were excellent, not too far for Dubs to travel(assuming a lot of your wedding would be Dubs that is) he had a big wedding and hotel was more than capable hosting a big one, defo recommend.

Was at another in Lough Rinn Co.Leitrim - not a bad spot, food was ok but for big bucks I wouldn't be leading you all the way down there to sign your life away.

Another good one I was at was down in Miltown Malbay in the Armada - Lovely venue and if you were planning a Summer wedding I think this would be great, over looking the sea the missus would love the setting! Food was top notch and staff were very good too.

Best of luck to your missus by the way

Edited by The GerK - 19 Jun 2013 at 8:58pm
Funsize Crouchy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Ger my brother got married in Trim castle a couple of years ago, brilliant venue, great for photos, staff were excellent, not too far for Dubs to travel(assuming a lot of your wedding would be Dubs that is) he had a big wedding and hotel was more than capable hosting a big one, defo recommend.

Was at another in Lough Rinn Co.Leitrim - not a bad spot, food was ok but for big bucks I wouldn't be leading you all the way down there to sign your life away.

Another good one I was at was down in Miltown Malbay in the Armada - Lovely venue and if you were planning a Summer wedding I think this would be great, over looking the sea the missus would love the setting! Food was top notch and staff were very good too.

Best of luck to your missus by the way, I still don't think she has met the real Gerk

Having mine in Trim in December. About a 45 min drive from the church in Dublin. So far they've been great to deal with and reasonable prices.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Is this the death of YBIG.  

GAZ, Sono, Honeymonster, Gerk, Sasa, Saint Tom all getting cash and carried.  

I have calculated it is not financially viable for me to marry yet but when the two points of the diagram intersect that is the moment Iill make my move Wink Although I am not sure if the time spent at the wedding and on the honeymoon should be charged to the hotel or myself or as part of of the overall cost of the wedding.  Wink

wtf? Confused

as an aside neil, given the amount of bitching you are doing here, the menopause must be fast approaching, so dont be left on the shelf. Wink
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:01pm
deisedevil is another one who bit the dust recently Thumbs Down
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Funsize Crouchy Funsize Crouchy wrote:

Having mine in Trim in December. About a 45 min drive from the church in Dublin. So far they've been great to deal with and reasonable prices.

Great spot as I said Funsize, my bro and his missus couldn't fault them, am sure you will have the same experience(well hopefully)

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Is this the death of YBIG.  

GAZ, Sono, Honeymonster, Gerk, Sasa, Saint Tom all getting cash and carried.  

I have calculated it is not financially viable for me to marry yet but when the two points of the diagram intersect that is the moment Iill make my move Wink Although I am not sure if the time spent at the wedding and on the honeymoon should be charged to the hotel or myself or as part of of the overall cost of the wedding.  Wink

wtf? Confused

as an aside neil, given the amount of bitching you are doing here, the menopause must be fast approaching, so dont be left on the shelf. Wink

You need to learn to ignore him Tom, I'm not getting married either ffs and neither is HM

Edited by Sono - 19 Jun 2013 at 7:20pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:02pm
Touched a nerve there lads ha ha !!!!

Love the shelf myself great spot
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:03pm
By the way Sono the armada is in Spanish point not Milton Malbay.

The people of Spanish point would not be too happy with you. Went to school about 100 metres from the hotel.
AKA pedantic kunt
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:11pm

By the way Sono the armada is in Spanish point not Milton Malbay.

The people of Spanish point would not be too happy with you. Went to school about 100 metres from the hotel.

Apologies I actually meant to write Spanish point, miltown only bout 2km away!

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:13pm
They are touchy folk there. The miltown lads are a different breed.
great spot for Willie Clancy festival.
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:16pm

Touched a nerve there lads ha ha !!!!

Love the shelf myself great spot
Poor old Baldie the oldest swinger in town .............

As Queen wrote " Can anybody find me , somebody tooooooooooooooooo loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"Heart

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:18pm
My mother is from Doonbeg Baldy, I am down that neck of the woods quite a bit,the other hotel down there The Bellbridge is lovely also.

Edited by Sono - 19 Jun 2013 at 8:18pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:19pm
To be fair you know a swinger when you see one :)

other than brianie I do not think ybig is a good advertisement for marriage
AKA pedantic kunt
MarkDev View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 1:48am
Getting married in the Armada Hotel in October myself...
Limerick your a Lady!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic