Topic: Wedding venues in Ireland
Posted By: The GerK
Subject: Wedding venues in Ireland
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 8:38pm
All tips and opinions welcome here please Thumbs Up

Replies:
Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 8:58pm
The Waterside House in Donabate. Right on the beach with views of Howth and Lambay island. Got married there last year and can highly recommend it!

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:01pm
Woodenbridge. I have been pining to go back to the place since I have been there 8 years ago

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:08pm
Just been to a wedding in Westport a few weeks back, Top spot to get hitched  Thumbs Up

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

The Waterside House in Donabate. Right on the beach with views of Howth and Lambay island. Got married there last year and can highly recommend it!

They do very good packages in the waterside at great value too. Been to 2 weddings there !

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

They do very good packages in the waterside at great value too. Been to 2 weddings there !
heard the restaurant there is top notch

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:21pm

ye, was at a great wedding there, just wouldn't use the same wedding car company Wink

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:24pm
www.clonabreanyhouse.ie
was at a wedding here as well, fantastic location, had no problem with people bringing their own beer to the bbq the following day as well,

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:27pm
Cheers gents

Anyone been to one in the Osprey?

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:46pm
moving fast. lodger in the belly.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:48pm

A Cracking Evening it was SteveClap

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

-------------

Posted By: ShayGivensBum
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 10:18pm
Knightsbrook co Meath
Brookelodge co Wicklow
Farnham estate co Cavan
Durrow castle co Laois

Osprey is fab but never at a wedding there.

Posted By: flow
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

www.clonabreanyhouse.ie
was at a wedding here as well, fantastic location, had no problem with people bringing their own beer to the bbq the following day as well,

This place is amazing you basically rent the place so its all yours, its real countryside feel n the accom is an old barn transformed to modern on the inside really nice n a five min walk from the venue of wedding also theres a shibin and thats were breaky is so nice n calm next day n optional bbq too next day highly reccomend

Posted By: GreenTribe
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Echo Farnham estate in Cavan. Otherwise wedding abroad

-------------
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 11:04pm
Summerhill House, Enniskerry Ger, where I had mine. 

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 11:10pm
A mate of mine had the reception in the Landmark Hotel, Carrick-On-Shannon. It's an excellent venue.

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

A mate of mine had the reception in the Landmark Hotel, Carrick-On-Shannon. It's an excellent venue.

was at a few there.very good spot and accommodation is a good price,also apartments right behind the hotel that can be rented out.

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 11:40pm
Harvey's Point or Solis just outside Donegal TownThumbs Up

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 12:19am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Cheers gents

no.but the gm and banqueting manager are friends of mine if you want an intro

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 12:21am

Cheers gents

Interesting Big smile
Already met with a wedding coordinator there last week. Looks a cracking spot

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 12:22am

My dad was from Leitrim. It's very much on the agenda, will see what the packages are like

Posted By: SligoLad_95
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:33am
I think markree castle is a great one for a wedding my cousin married there last year.
It's well worth checking out, plenty of rooms to rent too

www.markreecastle.ie/

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:22am

Cheers gents

Interesting Big smile
Already met with a wedding coordinator there last week. Looks a cracking spot

Gerk, if you go with greenforever's assistance you do realise that you will need to budget for an additional 73 seats......himself and his 72 Superfans

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:43am

My dad was from Leitrim. It's very much on the agenda, will see what the packages are like

Landmark is a good shout if having it in Leitrim in an option. Been to loads of weddings in it, very good venue. Actually home this weekend for a wedding in it.

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:15am
Castle durrow is the biz but you won't see much change from fifty grand. In Dublin, summer hill house is grand. Finnstown is lovely, again in the hefty bracket

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:25am
Speaker Connolly?

-------------

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:42am
Kilshane House in Tipp is lovely too. Private estate so ya have the run of the place yourself. Accomodation for bout 150 on site, lovely grounds for photos/boozin, and nice function room too.

Posted By: elroy45
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:33am
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Knightsbrook co Meath
Brookelodge co Wicklow
Farnham estate co Cavan
Durrow castle co Laois

Osprey is fab but never at a wedding there.

This lady knows her stuff but all of the above would not be on the cheaper side.  But then again you get what you pay for etc.

Alot depends on what area you are looking at obviously?

Biggest advice from the point of view of a good night is make sure the bar is in the function room.  Places like Carton House for example have the bar outside the function room - DISASTER.

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:38am

If you're looking at Leitrim , check out Kilronan Castle. Its county Roscommon but is right on the Leitrim border.Its 20 mminutes from carrick on shannon about ten minutes from Drumshabo.

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:41am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Food was great indeed, and what sealed it for us was the fact that it's a small enough hotel with a large function room and a great location. We easily fit about 140 in for the meal and another good few for the afters. 
Just North of Dublin so easy access for all the family etc, and they're open to negotiating on prices for just about anything. Especially if you have the numbers.

They only have about 30 odd hotelrooms in the place so we booked it out and had the whole place to ourselves. Nothing worse for a bride than to have another bride having her special day in the same place,

Anyway, I'm sure yiz will pick a great one to suit your respective tastes and wishes, but most important thing is to not be afraid to haggle for rates. The advantage is with couples these days instead of the venues like it was in the past.

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:55am

So you are not a proper Dub

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 10:31am

A bit far away from Dublin but an oustanding hotel is Dunmore House Hotel near Clonakilty. It's one of the best venues in the country for a wedding reception:

http://www.dunmorehousehotel.ie/" rel="nofollow - http://www.dunmorehousehotel.ie/

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g211877-d472065-Reviews-Dunmore_House_Hotel-Clonakilty_County_Cork.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g211877-d472065-Reviews-Dunmore_House_Hotel-Clonakilty_County_Cork.html

Great views of the Atlantic  Thumbs Up

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: MariborKev
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 10:33am
Ballymagarvey House, Meath.

Some spot.

Posted By: cm79
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 11:25am
The Armada Hotel in Spanish Point

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 11:54am
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

Went to School beside there. Stunning scenery. Was a kip of a spot years ago but they did a big job on it and it is stunning now. You will not get a better location in my view.  What a spot. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: cm79
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

Went to School beside there. Stunning scenery. Was a kip of a spot years ago but they did a big job on it and it is stunning now. You will not get a better location in my view.  What a spot. 

I was at a wedding there a few weeks ago, brilliant location and the service was excellent.

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 1:48pm
Im getting married here  http://www.ashford.ie/" rel="nofollow - http://www.ashford.ie/

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 1:50pm
I'm getting married in Brooke Lodge in Wicklow Gerk - lovely spot

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 1:53pm
Is this the death of YBIG.  

GAZ, Sono, Honeymonster, Gerk, Sasa, Saint Tom all getting cash and carried.  

I have calculated it is not financially viable for me to marry yet but when the two points of the diagram intersect that is the moment I will make my move Wink Although I am not sure if the time spent at the wedding and on the honeymoon should be charged to the hotel or myself or as part of of the overall cost of the wedding.  Wink

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 1:54pm
I have had zero offers yet but I am getting married there even if I have to marry myself Tongue

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:05pm

I have calculated it is not financially viable for me to marry yet but when the two points of the diagram intersect that is the moment I will make my move Wink Although I am not sure if the time spent at the wedding and on the honeymoon should be charged to the hotel or myself or as part of of the overall cost of the wedding.  Wink

Everyone's growing up Baldrick. And with our vast disposable incomes we have to splash the cash on something eh! Might aswell get married! Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:08pm

Im getting married here  http://www.ashford.ie/" rel="nofollow - http://www.ashford.ie/

That is a class spot ,I was never at a wedding there but I had a meal there once when I was in the area and it is a stunning place.The scenery is unreal and the food was class.
probably outrageous prices for a wedding.

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:11pm

Everyone's growing up Baldrick. And with our vast disposable incomes we have to splash the cash on something eh! Might aswell get married! Wink

Left you out of that list Steve Sorry about that.  (great wedding by the way and enjoyed the location too.  Great day.  I still have stuff belonging to Tom and Clair in my apartment from that night.  Wink Must give them back the hair dryer that I have never used.  

I can see a huge mount of lads knocking away trips on the head Thumbs Down

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:31pm

Oh my word  Shocked

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:46pm

I have had zero offers yet but I am getting married there even if I have to marry myself Tongue

I think if you suggested that the fella has to pay for thon place he might be suggesting you have marital relations with yourself alright.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:48pm

Left you out of that list Steve Sorry about that.  (great wedding by the way and enjoyed the location too.  Great day.  I still have stuff belonging to Tom and Clair in my apartment from that night.  Wink Must give them back the hair dryer that I have never used.  

I can see a huge mount of lads knocking away trips on the head Thumbs Down

Ah no worries about that of course Baldy! And I just hope Saint Tom has managed without his hairdryer in the meantime LOL

But yeah, weddings do tend to hamper lads on their trips. Few of our regular gang hardly make the trips these days. Partly the marriage as it costs a bundle of course, but also because of kids that usually follow Wink

Luckily my missus loves going on the trips herself, and so does the little fella! 

-------------

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 3:15pm
No messing but there was a wedding gang in McGowans in Churchtown on a Saturday night about 6 or 7 years ago. Probably had a bit of pub grub in the Bottle Tower and then came across to McGowan. Would this not be right up your alley Gerk?

Recently I've been to weddings in Sumerhill House, Knightsbrook and Killashee House and couldn't fault any of them, all top notch.

Was at one at the Mullingar Park Hotel in April and it was fine until after the meal when the room pretty much shut down while staff brouht in a make shift stage for the band. Probably took about 30min in which time most people just left for the residents bar and plenty didn't come back.

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 3:50pm

Hard to jusitfy the money spent on weddings in this country.  50 grand is mad stuff.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 3:53pm

Hard to jusitfy the money spent on weddings in this country.  50 grand is mad stuff.  
feckin ludricious for what is in all intensive purposes a party Wacko

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 4:00pm
The average wedding in Ireland is 23 grand. 50 grand is Celtic Tiger bullsh*t

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Angry

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Angry

wha...for the risk of heading to the thick thread, I have I missed something?

EDIT: I just googled it: "All intents and purposes"  Embarrassed

-------------

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 4:32pm

What would you expect to get in cash wedding presents these days, 12 - 15k?

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 4:40pm

Saint Tom was quoting 50 grand.  That man is still living in 2006 Wink

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 4:57pm
€100 per single guest, €150 to €200 for a couple (say an average of €175).

50 individuals and 50 couples (150 is a normal sized wedding) - yeah, €12,500 to €15,000 would be about right (assuming all guests give you cash rather than buying presents, I suppose). It's still going to set you back a fair bit.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

€100 per single guest, €150 to €200 for a couple (say an average of €175).

50 individuals and 50 couples (150 is a normal sized wedding) - yeah, €12,500 to €15,000 would be about right (assuming all guests give you cash rather than buying presents, I suppose). It's still going to set you back a fair bit.

That is when you start inviting more people as the most expensive guests are the first 100 and after that each guest generally starts paying for themselves and more, so it makes more sense to have a bigger wedding in that regard.   Push for a good 300 size wedding Ger and you may even make a few bob to contribute to ybig charities.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Andkend
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 5:35pm
http://www.hitched.ie/wedding-venues/kilshane-house_247.htm#pos=12&type=1&lhid=16" rel="nofollow - http://www.hitched.ie/wedding-venues/kilshane-house_247.htm#pos=12&type=1&lhid=16

Kilshane house in Co Tipperary

This is a great place for a wedding - very chilled out place - I d.j'ed at my good friends sisters wedding - they let the music go on till all hours and then allowed the whole wedding party to have a massive sing song in the residents bar -

lots of accomadation on site - an indoor tropical garden place.

From what my friends said it was also quite reasonably priced -

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:40pm
Ger my brother got married in Trim castle a couple of years ago, brilliant venue, great for photos, staff were excellent, not too far for Dubs to travel(assuming a lot of your wedding would be Dubs that is) he had a big wedding and hotel was more than capable hosting a big one, defo recommend.

Was at another in Lough Rinn Co.Leitrim - not a bad spot, food was ok but for big bucks I wouldn't be leading you all the way down there to sign your life away.

Another good one I was at was down in Miltown Malbay in the Armada - Lovely venue and if you were planning a Summer wedding I think this would be great, over looking the sea the missus would love the setting! Food was top notch and staff were very good too.

Best of luck to your missus by the way

Posted By: Funsize Crouchy
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Ger my brother got married in Trim castle a couple of years ago, brilliant venue, great for photos, staff were excellent, not too far for Dubs to travel(assuming a lot of your wedding would be Dubs that is) he had a big wedding and hotel was more than capable hosting a big one, defo recommend.

Was at another in Lough Rinn Co.Leitrim - not a bad spot, food was ok but for big bucks I wouldn't be leading you all the way down there to sign your life away.

Another good one I was at was down in Miltown Malbay in the Armada - Lovely venue and if you were planning a Summer wedding I think this would be great, over looking the sea the missus would love the setting! Food was top notch and staff were very good too.

Best of luck to your missus by the way, I still don't think she has met the real Gerk

Having mine in Trim in December. About a 45 min drive from the church in Dublin. So far they've been great to deal with and reasonable prices.

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:56pm

I have calculated it is not financially viable for me to marry yet but when the two points of the diagram intersect that is the moment Iill make my move Wink Although I am not sure if the time spent at the wedding and on the honeymoon should be charged to the hotel or myself or as part of of the overall cost of the wedding.  Wink

wtf? Confused

as an aside neil, given the amount of bitching you are doing here, the menopause must be fast approaching, so dont be left on the shelf. Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:01pm
deisedevil is another one who bit the dust recently Thumbs Down

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Funsize Crouchy Funsize Crouchy wrote:

Having mine in Trim in December. About a 45 min drive from the church in Dublin. So far they've been great to deal with and reasonable prices.

Great spot as I said Funsize, my bro and his missus couldn't fault them, am sure you will have the same experience(well hopefully)

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

I have calculated it is not financially viable for me to marry yet but when the two points of the diagram intersect that is the moment Iill make my move Wink Although I am not sure if the time spent at the wedding and on the honeymoon should be charged to the hotel or myself or as part of of the overall cost of the wedding.  Wink

wtf? Confused

as an aside neil, given the amount of bitching you are doing here, the menopause must be fast approaching, so dont be left on the shelf. Wink

You need to learn to ignore him Tom, I'm not getting married either ffs and neither is HM

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:02pm
Touched a nerve there lads ha ha !!!!

Love the shelf myself great spot

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:03pm
By the way Sono the armada is in Spanish point not Milton Malbay.

The people of Spanish point would not be too happy with you. Went to school about 100 metres from the hotel.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:11pm

By the way Sono the armada is in Spanish point not Milton Malbay.

The people of Spanish point would not be too happy with you. Went to school about 100 metres from the hotel.

Apologies I actually meant to write Spanish point, miltown only bout 2km away!

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:13pm
They are touchy folk there. The miltown lads are a different breed.
great spot for Willie Clancy festival.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:16pm

Touched a nerve there lads ha ha !!!!

Love the shelf myself great spot
Poor old Baldie the oldest swinger in town .............

As Queen wrote " Can anybody find me , somebody tooooooooooooooooo loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"Heart

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:18pm
My mother is from Doonbeg Baldy, I am down that neck of the woods quite a bit,the other hotel down there The Bellbridge is lovely also.

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:19pm
To be fair you know a swinger when you see one :)

other than brianie I do not think ybig is a good advertisement for marriage

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: MarkDev
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 1:48am
Getting married in the Armada Hotel in October myself...

-------------
Limerick your a Lady!

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 4:46am
Are you drunk Baldrick?!

Castle Lesley for Billy O'Toole's wedding 2 weeks ago was absolutely incredible; best I've been to in Ireland.

PS I still can't believe you're getting married

-------------

Posted By: Huggybeer
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 8:10am
Gerk : dont know where you plan on getting your rings, had a guy visit my house last night from a company called smooch. They have a website, but aside from wedding fairs, their business in ireland is referal based

At first I hated the Idea, just wanted to watch the Brazil game, but I have to say it was quality, price guarentee and education on hallmarks, quality etc. Spent 3 hours in my gaff, allot more comfortable than a half hour in a shop

Posted By: Andkend
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 9:17am
Here's my 10cents on wedding venues -

I have been to a rake of weddings but also I have worked on a fair few as a d.j - now I am not a typical chart d.j so most of the weddings I have played at have been for people who knew my style and were into the music but I do think there are some things you should take into consideration when booking a venue.

In a wedding there are a few elements -

1/ ceremony
2/ Arrival at the venue
3/ Meal
4/ Band
5/ D.j after party
6/ Afters
7/ Barbacue or get to gether the next day

also the accomadation for guests -

Having a wedding that last a weekend or two days is always a good idea - it becomes like the wedding experience and people really get into it and relax and mingle more when its not in your home place - this does however add to the expense for everyone but in my own experience it does add to the whole experience - often if its in your home town or city people don't make the same effort they would to make it to the next day -

Most hotels are much of a much, there are fabulous locations all over the country, you are totally spoilled for choice in Ireland and all price ranges -

However not all places have fuction rooms which really have a great athmosphere for the actual party - I.e the music and the dancing - some are too big and don't have good sound - some are too small and they have to move or take away tables - smoking is also an issue - people who smoke end up outside for the night and you never have a full athmosphere in the one place all the time, so the party does not really kick off -

I think its also important to think what time you want the ceremony to start - in my opinion don't get going too early, people end up hanging around drinking, they are drunk and starving by the meal and that can have disasterous effects -

I really recommend places that only do weddings - i.e the place is all yours for the whole time you are there - the bride and groom family and guests are all in one site- In many hotels at 2am the music goes off and you are literally expected to gather your stuff and get out. When the place is dedicated to just your wedding this does not really happen - Also even when the residents bar closes the party can spill into rooms or houses rented on site - The next day as well everyone is in the same place.

Taking all that into consideration I really recommend Durrow castle & Kilshane house - both have churches near small ones that are small intimate and near the venue.

Some of the more expensive luxury places have no athmosphere and you are in and out just another days work, both those venues really make the experience personal - They also are great places to party, i.e dance the night away with a nice chilled out vibe allowing people the freedom to have lots and lots of fun. Hotels with other paying residents can't allow that.

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 9:31am

My mother is from Doonbeg Baldy, I am down that neck of the woods quite a bit,the other hotel down there The Bellbridge is lovely also.

Saw les Ferdinand in doonbeg golf club there a while back. Nice bird he was with too. Although he probably pulled a hamstring half way through riding her.

Went to school with doonbeg lads. Good Gaa players.

Remember when the belbridge opened.

Reckon our school has the best location for a school in Ireland. Armada is an unreal location if you get the weather.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 1:11pm
Anyone been at a wedding in the westgrove in clane?

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Are you drunk Baldrick?!

Castle Leslie for Billy O'Toole's wedding 2 weeks ago was absolutely incredible; best I've been to in Ireland.

PS I still can't believe you're getting married
Fixed your spelling HM but excellent spot alrightClap

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 10:05am

Yes 

Also osprey is a sh*thole

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 10:12am

No way.

My wifes folks have a house in Doonbeg. I do be down there 3/4 times a year.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 10:14am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Yes 

Gerk viewed it last week and said it was amaze-balls he really has no standards

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 10:18am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Yes 

ha shocker there
Would rather have it in a knackers yard

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

No way.

My wifes folks have a house in Doonbeg. I do be down there 3/4 times a year.

Not sure if you're taking the piss or not!

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 2:00pm

Yes 

ha shocker there
Would rather have it in a knackers yard

You get kicked out for being too drunk again?

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 2:05pm
Nope sorry to dissapoint

In all seriousness, keep out of clane.You are not welcome

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 5:42pm

Nope sorry to dissapoint

In all seriousness, keep out of clane.You are not welcome

Be down there tomorrow Thumbs Up

I have heard nothing but excellent stories about the Osprey

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 6:05pm
You set a date yet Gerk?

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 6:09pm
HB what about Doonbeg!?

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You set a date yet Gerk?

End of August next year I reckon

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 3:21pm
Anyone ever been to Kinnitty castle? 

Heading there friday and wondering how deer the booze is!

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 3:50pm

Not that many Deer about to be honest but you can pay in Euro Big smile

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 3:59pm
You usually only need to worry about deer booze on the stag, I thought.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 4:39pm
Bring yer own Ermo
40 bottles of Heino for 30e in tesco or Dunnes(can't remember which one)
f**k that 5.50 a gargle lark
Park your motor close as possible to function room
Leave the church early to get a prime spot
Tell f**k all aswel

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 5:28pm

I was at a wedding there about 3 years back and a pint of Guinness was €4.90 .

Posted By: Rostrevor Fan
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 6:39pm
Embarrassed
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Not that many Deer about to be honest but you can pay in Euro Big smile

Bring plenty of DoeEmbarrassed

-------------

Posted By: HateHenry
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 6:45pm
Just did a wedding for 165 in Slane castle on Saturday, don't recommend it .

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 10:11am

Bring yer own Ermo
Tell f**k all aswel

Best advice ever on here

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 10:14am

Bring yer own Ermo
Tell f**k all aswel

Best advice ever on here
done it last 2 weddings I was at,me and missus...save a fortune

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 10:18am

Bring yer own Ermo
Tell f**k all aswel

Best advice ever on here
done it last 2 weddings I was at,me and missus...save a fortune

Whats an ERMO, is that your second child Wink

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 10:22am
Stayed in Kinnity before. Lovely hotel. They upgraded us to a nicer room but me being the history buff that I am had googled the place before arriving and read that there was one room in particular that was said to be haunted. Of course it was the room they tried to put us in. Didnt happen. 

Its the Geraldine room btw.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net