Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 138>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Well deserved PFAI POTY. Mick said he'll be involved on Thursday

Should be sobered up by then fingers crossed 

Mick allows him special dispensation to drink on match days
I think he allows them all to drink on match days...
Sponsored Links

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 4:52pm
Independent saying Hull is preparing a bid. Would like to see him go to a Championship side a bit higher in the table.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 5:36pm
As a Rovers fan I would not begrudge Jack a move whatsoever, it has been a pleasure to watch him play all season, but I really hope himself and his agent think about where he goes and pick a suitable club because I fear if it's the wrong club it could be a disaster for him. The problem with the Championship is each game is so important and most clubs have something to play for with them either going for the playoffs or fighting relegation.

A couple of bad results and Grant McCann could be gone, Hull don't have a great record with managers since Bruce left them with only one out of 4 lasting more than 6 months. Jack would probably be one of the first to be dropped if things were going badly and a new manager comes in. Not familiar enough with the Championship to know who would be a good move for him but I hope he does choose the right one whenever he eventually goes.
Linzark View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linzark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 12:17am
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

As a Rovers fan I would not begrudge Jack a move whatsoever, it has been a pleasure to watch him play all season, but I really hope himself and his agent think about where he goes and pick a suitable club because I fear if it's the wrong club it could be a disaster for him. The problem with the Championship is each game is so important and most clubs have something to play for with them either going for the playoffs or fighting relegation.

A couple of bad results and Grant McCann could be gone, Hull don't have a great record with managers since Bruce left them with only one out of 4 lasting more than 6 months. Jack would probably be one of the first to be dropped if things were going badly and a new manager comes in. Not familiar enough with the Championship to know who would be a good move for him but I hope he does choose the right one whenever he eventually goes.

Think he would do well at somewhere like Swansea
Linzark
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 12:36am
The only reason he ended up in Tallaght was because his agent told him about a Rovers Return which he mistakenly thought was a pub
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:09pm
Sounds like he’s turned down the Hull interest to stay at Rovers 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Sounds like he’s turned down the Hull interest to stay at Rovers 

Good news for now if true
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:55pm
For me he was the best player on the pitch till he went of. Always wants the ball and always looking to create. Lovely footballer. Should be on set pieces also. Delighted hes getting some limelight.
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 12:25am
Played well without creating a clearcut chance. Thought he faded out a bit after about half an hour. To be fair, brady was sh*te but his deliveries were good so no complaints there
Here we go again
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 1:10am
For the first 20-30 minutes I was thinking this is great, he was calling for, receiving and laying the ball on. 100% our best player. Then he started making bad decisions and disappeared.
Strange one, but either way, don’t think he is ready 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 7:20am
started well, then faded. Personally I think he was too advanced. A bit deeper and he would have been on the ball more.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 7:22am
Wasn’t overly impressed. Don’t think he’d be ready for a step up against the Danes
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 8:39am
He was quiet enough. He’s definitely capable of more 
FunkyMonkey View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunkyMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 8:58am
as someone said he started well then went a bit quite . This summer he should get a personal trainer and put on a little bit more muscle. If he gets a little stronger it would definitely bring him on again .

Edited by FunkyMonkey - 15 Nov 2019 at 8:58am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 9:00am
Originally posted by FunkyMonkey FunkyMonkey wrote:

as someone said he started well then went a bit quite . This summer he should get a personal trainer and put on a little bit more muscle. If he gets a little stronger it would definitely bring him on again .
Quiet right.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 9:15am
He was decent. You can see clearly he has that extra bit of vision, balance, and speed of thought that most of our other midfielders don't though.
We're decent enough..
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 9:17am
He showed for the ball. He tries to make things happen. He can pass the ball.

These are all traits that are alien to our central midfielders normally.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 9:18am
Thought he did well but certainly faded in the second half. If we have to throw everything at the Danes in the last 20 minutes then he should probably come on. Not too sure about starting him tbh. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 138>
  Share Topic