Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 138>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:27am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Would it be fair to say he’s had more average games then excellent games this season? Just asking as I havnt seen much of him and looking at Rovers results 

I watched him at Bohs and thought he was a bit meh. A nut meg here and there and players are drooling all over him.

Not having a go at Byrne here, just the over hyping of players.

I did think he played very well tonight so fair dues to him, Hopefully he does get a call up whilst playing for Rovers, as he is a player who actively tries to make things happen with ball.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:38am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Some Dundalk fan on Twitter getting absolutely hammered for saying Byrne has been quiet in every game he's seen him in and argued that Jamie McGrath had a bigger impact in their respective European games. My personal favourite being "(Poster's name) take those 6 fingers out of your sister for God's sake and get out and watch the man play" LOL

LOL

Sounds exactly like something Quey would say

Edited by Denis Irwin - 26 Jul 2019 at 9:39am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 10:03am

Would it be fair to say he’s had more average games then excellent games this season? Just asking as I havnt seen much of him and looking at Rovers results 

No.

He isn't putting Roy of the Rovers performances in every week, but he's not had any bad games and I've been at every Rovers game this season bar one. Some boez fans are saying he hasn't been great against them are forgetting that he was playing in teams with 10 and 9 men from early on against them.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

No.

He isn't putting Roy of the Rovers performances in every week, but he's not had any bad games and I've been at every Rovers game this season bar one. Some boez fans are saying he hasn't been great against them are forgetting that he was playing in teams with 10 and 9 men from early on against them.
Not really, I’ve watched him in a few other games and he’s been up & down. Consistency always been his issue, he’s clearly talented and clearly in great form, I just don’t get the over hyping of Irish players on here, a bit of realism is no harm
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 10:43am
El Puto Amo
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 10:48am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Some Dundalk fan on Twitter getting absolutely hammered for saying Byrne has been quiet in every game he's seen him in and argued that Jamie McGrath had a bigger impact in their respective European games. My personal favourite being "(Poster's name) take those 6 fingers out of your sister for God's sake and get out and watch the man play" LOL

In fairness he was asking how good he was, based on the 3 games he seen him play he wasn't up to much, which is correct in the 3 games against Dundalk, where he was very quiet, the first two games in particular we totally outplayed them.

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 10:51am
We're decent enough..
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Bizarre enough comments really

Thought the same myself. McCarthy is reminding me too much of O’Neill. Steve Kenny will hopefully be a breath of fresh air compared to this garbage 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Thought the same myself. McCarthy is reminding me too much of O’Neill. Steve Kenny will hopefully be a breath of fresh air compared to this garbage 

I think it’s refreshing to hear a manager speak so frankly about what he wants from his players. McCarthy has a very set idea about what he wants from his deepest midfielder, and it’s not Byrne. Fair enough I suppose. It’s his team and he’s managed a few more teams than I have.

Kenny, in contrast, has spoken a lot about how he sees midfield working. He sees the conversation around 1 or 2 sitting midfielders to be obsolete, and wants three players in there who can rotate and defend and attack in equal measure. At Toulon he went with three in Molumby, Ronan, and Coventry who are equally at home playing as a 4 or a 10. 

According to the interviews, at least, he’ll also be the first Ireland manager in some time who is happy to pick players playing outside of Britain. A bonus for Byrne, who might be done with scrapping it out in lower leagues when he can clearly do the job against continental teams.

It might be frustrating for us fans to wait, but Kenny’s reign could arrive at just the right time for Byrne. 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 4:20pm
Don't think McCarthy's comments were too bad tbh. He's acknowledged that Byrne is far more effective when he plays higher up the pitch. If anything, McCarthy has put an onus on the deeper midfielders to feed him the ball where he can impact the game in a more effective manner. 

Initially, the comments read like something O'Neill would say, but when you look into them, he's sort of complimentary about Byrne.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

No.

Not really, I’ve watched him in a few other games and he’s been up & down. Consistency always been his issue, he’s clearly talented and clearly in great form, I just don’t get the over hyping of Irish players on here, a bit of realism is no harm

Have people "over hyped" him here.  Most comments have stated that he has been excellent in the 3 European games. Which 100% true. 
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 6:14pm

It’s bizarre to think then comments are bizarre.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 10:22pm
just about sums up mcarthys attitude to the game thats all... noone should be surprised really
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 12:19pm
Comments seem fair enough. He needs someone to play ball through to strikers feet on the ground from close range. We havent anyone who can do that or have had for a long time since Wes who was in and out of the team. 

If anything it shows McCarthy recognises what we are missing. He recognises Byrne can do that. 
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 12:27pm
How did he do down the cross yesterday?
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

How did he do down the cross yesterday?
Quiet first half, stood out in the second half and best footballer on the pitch if Rovers only had a goalscorer. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

just about sums up mcarthys attitude to the game thats all... noone should be surprised really

In what way.  Comments seem logical enough to me
It's not me it's you:-)
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 8:49pm
Just the two worldies for Jack (so far!) tonight for Shamrock Rovers. Incredible no one came in for him over the summer
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 138>
  Share Topic