You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 138>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Kenny was brought in to change how play and radically change our mindset about how we do it. 25 years of lack of ambition and persistent failure have to go. So everything from personnel to formation to tactics are in the process of being torn up and reset. 

A lot of our players used to play in the LOI so it's a resource we should be using more of. We have nobody else better than Byrne in his position. He has already showed that in the games he played for us, and the only thing stopping him from been the first name on the squad sheet is the league he plays in, not whether he's up to it or not. That has to change. 

Thing is so many of our lads looked like fishes out of water on the ball against Bulgaria and Finland it was an effort to even control and pass it . The one thing that stands out about Byrne is wether it’s Bohs Dundalk New Zealand Bulgaria or AC Milan one thing stands out and that is how comfortable he is on the ball. It’s absolute 2nd nature to him and I remember Hoolahan when he’d come in and do the very bare minimum basics of show quality/composure on the ball it would rub off on those around him too. 

Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 2:25pm
Jack loves the beer.  How is he finding the local ale over there?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

This is just tired.

I'd like to see him given a run but today's game seems a big ask.
Maybe get him some minutes in the NL matches after today.

We can't look past the fact he's playing at a low level compared to almost the entirely of the rest of the squad and until that changes, he's a risk.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

This is just tired.

I'd like to see him given a run but today's game seems a big ask.
Maybe get him some minutes in the NL matches after today.

We can't look past the fact he's playing at a low level compared to almost the entirely of the rest of the squad and until that changes, he's a risk.

Sepsi Sfântu Gheorghe, Ablonec, Minnesota United, Dalian Professional, Slovan Liberec - These are some of the teams that the Slovakian players play for.

Is Byrne really playing at a much lower level than some of these guys? I'd agree he's playing at a lower standard than much of our squad, but many similarly ranked international teams draw on players from weaker leagues than the Premier League and Championship and develop systems that allow them to compete. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Sepsi Sfântu Gheorghe, Ablonec, Minnesota United, Dalian Professional, Slovan Liberec - These are some of the teams that the Slovakian players play for.

Is Byrne really playing at a much lower level than some of these guys? I'd agree he's playing at a lower standard than much of our squad, but many similarly ranked international teams draw on players from weaker leagues than the Premier League and Championship and develop systems that allow them to compete. 

I'm not going to disagree with this and I'd be happy to see him given a go simply because he may offer something nobody else in the squad can offer.
But wouldn't it be great if he was doing his stuff at a higher level?
I think so but more power to him regardless of where his career takes him.

Edited by Fozz - 08 Oct 2020 at 3:18pm
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:04pm
Feel sorry for Jack today having to watch 4 players who didn't make the original squad ahead of him come on and get game time. Only outfield player on the bench not to be used.

There's a strong case to say our midfield lacks a bit creativity and somebody to get on the ball and play that key pass. Out of all the players in the squad, he is that player for us. 

The last two games merely proves his inclusion is just a token gesture to the LOI and nothing more. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:07pm
Very true.

Looking at reduced numbers on the bench today I was sure that he was going to get a run, and to see both Horgan and Maguire coming on must be very disheartening.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:09pm
Crazy that Jack didn't get some game time today.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:11pm
AngryAngryAngryBabn saying Jack should have been brought on.
Kennys anti rovers bias is affecting his professionalism.

Game crying out for a creative irish player. We had hourihane...

I appreciate 90 percent of ybigggers dont rate or watch LOI so im restricting obs to how he changed the game against Bulgarian lansdowne. Dont take my word for it btw look back at the rte footage.

That was under mick mc. 

Kenny got unfairly sacked by rovers and is abusing Jack to get even. Its small minded and unprofessional.

Kenny needs all the good players he can find and should realise that Jack is one of them.

Angry

Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by greengooner greengooner wrote:

I appreciate 90 percent of ybigggers dont rate or watch LOI so im restricting obs to how he changed the game against Bulgarian lansdowne. Dont take my word for it btw look back at the rte footage.

That was under mick mc. 

Kenny got unfairly sacked by rovers and is abusing Jack to get even. Its small minded and unprofessional.

Kenny needs all the good players he can find and should realise that Jack is one of them.

Angry

It's mad but it seems there are actually people who genuinely believe this

Edited by sid waddell - 11 Oct 2020 at 4:19pm
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:19pm

That was under mick mc. 

Angry

LOL this has cheered me up
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:21pm

The worst part about this post Is you are actually serious Embarrassed

Maybe if McLean hadn’t to act the bollocks Byrne might have got a run.
Maguire and Horgan play in different positions also so hardly relevant

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:22pm
thought he should have got a run today definitely.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

That was under mick mc. 

Angry

Mental.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 5:18pm
Greengooner ffs EmbarrassedLOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 5:19pm
LOL Absolute madness.

Edited by pre Madonna - 11 Oct 2020 at 5:20pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

That was under mick mc. 

Angry

Kenny had a hard act to follow at Rovers and didn't deliver. He got a huge budget and he brought in high earning wasters. He had to go. And don't forget was sacked at Bohs and Dunfermline also. To his credit he put together a very successful and talented Dundalk team. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 5:31pm
That line about players being called up and getting ahead of him is nonsense, only Cullen plays the same position and he only got on for few minutes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 138>
  Share Topic