You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 138>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 7:20am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:46am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Great move. Will be keeping a close eye on the dutch league this season now.

@ Bitored, you are absolutely correct, it's harder for any young player to break through at the top sides. But maybe the 'home grown' rule might improve things for young Irish over the next 10 years (ideally we could have a coaching system that didn't rely on English clubs to develop our young best prospects but hey ho). It is a good sign that he signed a new deal at City, they obviously have some usage from him. From the small clips I've seen of him he looks decent enough. How good he will turn out to be though we'll have to see.

Robbie Brady as a youth looked like he was going to be a major player. Still has the potential to be the best thing to come through our system in the last 5 years in my opinion, but he is still middle of the road premiership at the moment. So it shows just how good of player you have to be to be a 'medicore' premiership player.

Don't write RB off yet Andy. It was his decision to move away from United to get games and the way it's worked out you have to say it was the right decision. Hes still only a young lad , a good spell at Norwich might see him move up another level .. Jack Byrne looks like the real deal . He seems to have a great attitude as well which can't be underestimated . Best of luck to him
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 9:32am
if he gets some game time at cambuur i'd get him into the squad and start building.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 11:59am
Hows it going with his injury is he back fit, or anytime soon?
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:16pm
Viera couldn't give the lad any more praise. 

Will be keeping an eye on the Dutch league and Jack

City starlet Byrne ‘nuts’ like Keane, says Vieira

Friday, July 31, 2015
John Fallon

Patrick Vieira believes his Manchester City teen star Jack Byrne is just as "nuts" as his former nemesis Roy Keane.

After consulting with first-team manager Manuel Pellegrini, City reserve team coach Vieira opted to send 19-year-old Dubliner Byrne on loan to Dutch club SC Cambuur for the season.

The Irish U21 midfielder had been granted a new three-year contract by Pellegrini ahead of last month’s move and the Frenchman reckons the temporary stint abroad will be integral in the youngster developing into the player City chiefs reckon he can become for club and country.

Vieira even likened the diminutive midfielder to compatriot Roy Keane for his temperament — a trait he feels can help rather than hinder the prospect’s career graph.

“The only way to compare Jack and Roy is that they are both nuts,” remarked the former Arsenal skipper after City’s development squad lost 3-2 against St Patrick’s Athletic in Wednesday night’s friendly at Richmond Park.

“That can help, especially when you’re Irish. You have to have it, as we’re in a world of competition and the desire and personality will make a difference.

“Sometimes people get it wrong between having a personality and being stupid and cocky. But Jack Byrne has personality. I don’t know any top quality player who doesn’t have that. It’s part of his character and I’ve never had any issues with him. I love him more than anything else.

“On the ball, he is technically very good. He understands the game quicker than anyone else. I’ve worked with Jack for the last few years and he really improved in the last year. It was fantastic, especially in the last three or four months, as he was one of my best players.

“He got to the level where I didn’t expect, to be honest. He showed me that I was wrong and that’s why I’m really pleased with him, as he worked really hard. Physically he knew it was one of his weaknesses and that’s why I’m glad he went to Holland. I hope he plays games and does well and we’ll see what level we get to.

“It was time for him to play ‘man’ football. Holland was the best option and we decided together that it was a really good step for him.

“If you want to play direct, Jack will be useless but if you want to keep the ball on the floor, and you need someone really creative, Jack will be the player who can do that.”

Ireland assistant manager Keane has suggested he would call Vieira, who he jokingly referred to as “my pal”, to ascertain whether Byrne is capable of graduating to the senior international squad. His former midfield foe is ready to give a ringing endorsement.

“I think they are right to do it,” he said. “Jack has the potential but the potential is not enough to play in the first team so they have to work hard and show how much they want to make it. It won’t be easy but when you have the talent and the desire, it’s just a question of time.”

“That’s not just for seven or eight months, but to work hard for the next 10 years if he really wants to make it. The hard work dictates which level you will play at. But the potential is there.” Another Irish prospect at the Etihad, Ian Lawlor, has not enjoyed as much good fortune as Byrne in the past year. The gifted goalkeeper was the rising Irish star of 2014, earning a senior Ireland call-up after graduating to City’s Champions League squad, but injuries dogged him last season.

Vieira said: “Ian is coming back from injury and before thinking about going out on loan he has to get fit, train and play. Of course, he is one of the players we are trying to find a loan for but we have to find the right place for him to play and improve.”

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:28pm
“If you want to play direct, Jack will be useless but if you want to keep the ball on the floor, and you need someone really creative, Jack will be the player who can do that.”

No good for us so. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Hows it going with his injury is he back fit, or anytime soon?
back already👍
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

No good for us so. 

Haha LOL I can imagine MON quizzing any new recruit "Can you pass the ball? You can? Next".

Seriously though, he sounds a good prospect and the Dutch league will be a perfect place to hone his talent.
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 10:05pm
Still injured?

He wasnt named in the squad for tonights match.
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 10:08pm
Seems so

Jack Byrne @Jackb_8 6h6 hours ago

Off to watch the lads @SCCambuurLwd kick the season off tonight⚽️ Can't wait till i am back fit and involved in hopefully a great season 😃⚽️

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 4:02pm
More acclaim for Jack, this time from Ruud Gullit

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 6:47pm
  • Cambuur Leeuwarden
  • v
  • Feyenoord

Sky Sports 3 HD (13:30)

Would be great if he is involved

valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

<ul ="row-table " style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; font-size: 16px; display: table; width: 752px; padding-left: 0px; table-layout: fixed; color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 22.3999996185303px;"><li ="col col1 span2/5 -txt-right" style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; font-size: 18px; text-align: right; width: 282px; display: table-cell; padding: 0px; vertical-align: middle; height: 32px;"><strong -short-text="C Leeuwarden" style="-sizing: border-;">Cambuur Leeuwarden<li ="col col2 span1/5 -center text-muted" style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; font-size: 18px; text-align: center; color: rgb153, 153, 153; width: 141px; display: table-cell; padding: 0px; vertical-align: middle; height: 32px;">v<li ="col col3 span2/5" style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; font-size: 18px; width: 281px; display: table-cell; padding: 0px; vertical-align: middle; height: 32px;"><strong -short-text="Feyenoord" style="-sizing: border-;">Feyenoord<li ="col col4 -txt-right span2" style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; font-size: 18px; text-align: right; width: 24px; display: table-cell; padding: 0px; vertical-align: middle; height: 32px;">[URL=http://www.skysports.com/football/c-leeuwarden-vs-feyenoord/339203" rel="nofollow][/URL]<li ="col col4 -txt-right span2" style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; font-size: 18px; text-align: right; width: 24px; display: table-cell; padding: 0px; vertical-align: middle; height: 32px;"><p ="-detail -center caption" style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; font-size: 0.875rem; text-align: center; color: rgb153, 153, 153; line-height: 1.4; : relative; padding-right: 24px; font-family: sans-serif;">Sky Sports 3 <span style="font-size: 0.875rem; line-height: 1.4;">HD (13:30)</span>

<p ="-detail -center caption" style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; font-size: 0.875rem; text-align: center; color: rgb153, 153, 153; line-height: 1.4; : relative; padding-right: 24px; font-family: sans-serif;"><span style="font-size: 0.875rem; line-height: 1.4;">
</span>

<p ="-detail -center caption" style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; font-size: 0.875rem; text-align: center; color: rgb153, 153, 153; line-height: 1.4; : relative; padding-right: 24px; font-family: sans-serif;"><span style="font-size: 0.875rem; line-height: 1.4;">
</span>

<p ="-detail -center caption" style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; font-size: 0.875rem; text-align: center; color: rgb153, 153, 153; line-height: 1.4; : relative; padding-right: 24px; font-family: sans-serif;"><span style="font-size: 0.875rem; line-height: 1.4;">Would be great if he is involved</span>

Still injured
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 11:35am
Cambuur have started horrifically, one point to show from five games, -16 goal difference after a 6-0 at the weekend.

Jack yet to play, I believe he's still injured

Edited by nvidic - 14 Sep 2015 at 11:36am
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 1:13pm
looks like its lucky he's injured......playing in a team like that can't do much for a lads developmentCry
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Cambuur have started horrifically, one point to show from five games, -16 goal difference after a 6-0 at the weekend.

Jack yet to play, I believe he's still injured

Been keeping an eye on them / him.

He's back fit, played a cup game for them last week. Didn't make the squad for the weekend gone, prob not back to full fitness yet.
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 4:37pm
Making his first league start tonight Vs FC TwenteClap
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 7:01pm
Taken off after the hour mark.

Didnt really see much of the ball, Cambuur playing with backs to the wall in their own half and were hoofing long balls over the top whenever they got it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 138>
  Share Topic