You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The YBIG DIY Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 10:51pm
Will Sharon not sit on it to reach your desired temp Gerry ?
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

I have old fridge for my keg in the bar.

The range on thermostat is a little low for my liking.

Is it possible to install a new one with a different temperature range?

Just put the fridge beside the radiator Thumbs Up

Clap
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Just put the fridge beside the radiator Thumbs Up
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 11:35am

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 12:06am
Yeah looked at screwfix and don’t have the one I need. 

Ill give the other spot a bell tomorrow. Have found one eventually in Dunshaughlin but supposedly no walk ins and online only. Kind of need it tomorrow urgently.

CheersThumbs Up
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Need to get my hands on one of these but cant seem to find one locally, only online. Anyone have a suggestion where id get one? 

Screwfix have a few different types on their website but not the exact same as that one in the link

I have used the shower centre on the Malahide Road near fairview a good few times for jobs and have found them good to deal with. If they didn't have the part they would usually tell me somewhere that might have it.

Let Christy Take It.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 8:13pm
Need to get my hands on one of these but cant seem to find one locally, only online. Anyone have a suggestion where id get one? 

Edited by Sham157 - 06 Nov 2023 at 8:14pm
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2023 at 9:53am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I know, I was thinking in the region of 20k myself.

Sister in law got a quote for an extension and it was 200k LOL
do you really want to pump 20k into a jacks🧐. It’s just for washin n sh*tin 

Be hard to justify spending that much on a room that you're going to destroy on a Sunday after a feed of pints and a take away the night before.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2023 at 3:22am
LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2023 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Don't mention wet room to anyone pricing it as thousands will go on to the price straight away HB.

A low profile shower tray does the exact same job.

I agree with this. The idea of a wet room won't work on upper floors and my guy hated the very word.

Our shower unit runs the length of the room and is raised about half an inch above the tiling. Not noticeable and actually provides a nice contrast by highlighting the expensive slate.

Wet rooms only make sense for people with mobility issues and want to remove trip hazards and struggle to get upstairs.  

And blokes in their 40s coming home locked
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2023 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Don't mention wet room to anyone pricing it as thousands will go on to the price straight away HB.

I agree with this. The idea of a wet room won't work on upper floors and my guy hated the very word.

Our shower unit runs the length of the room and is raised about half an inch above the tiling. Not noticeable and actually provides a nice contrast by highlighting the expensive slate.

Wet rooms only make sense for people with mobility issues and want to remove trip hazards and struggle to get upstairs.  

Anyone over 40 so.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2023 at 11:58am

AKA pedantic kunt
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2023 at 10:09am

My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2023 at 7:35am
At the moment it's kinda of a wet room, in the kind that my son walks in there at night, phone in land, light off and just pisses where he wants.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2023 at 10:46pm

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2023 at 9:44pm
Looking to kinda convert it into like a wet room, the bath will go, and we will need a walk in shower etc...

I did the bathroom when I moved in the last time with the old man - 15 years ago now. But this is beyond my pay grade.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2023 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Just prior to COVID striking I decided to do up the bathroom so got a few quotes. Based on other bits and pieces I got done I budgeted €4k which I had saved up. Cheapest Quote was €8k and he didn't fill me with any confidence whatsoever. Decided against getting it done and instead freshened it up myself. Couple of coats of paint, new lighting, mirror, lino on the floor and a few little cabinets and shelving units. Kept the original sanitary ware and scrubbed it like new. All done for under €500. 
Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2023 at 9:23pm
Just prior to COVID striking I decided to do up the bathroom so got a few quotes. Based on other bits and pieces I got done I budgeted €4k which I had saved up. Cheapest Quote was €8k and he didn't fill me with any confidence whatsoever. Decided against getting it done and instead freshened it up myself. Couple of coats of paint, new lighting, mirror, lino on the floor and a few little cabinets and shelving units. Kept the original sanitary ware and scrubbed it like new. All done for under €500. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
  Share Topic