You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding Bands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

suppose you’ll have a mix who expect the usual type of wedding songs. I thought I could name some but when I started to actually think of it I could only think of 2, summer of 69 and 500 miles. 
And then others who want more current songs. 
By the time the DJ is on you’re probably well on by that stage anyway. 

As for wedding bands that’s my brothers profession and they’re fecked at the moment. Even when pubs reopen there won’t be any music and weddings cancelled all the way to October. 
A friend of his is a manager of a hotel and even then they don’t want music at weddings. Basically want people to have scaled back numbers, eat their dinner and then go home. 

Its not that the hotels that don't want it its the government. 
Hotels will be pushing to have weddings as normal asap but likely won't be allowed, we've been able to serve alcohol to the frontline workers we have staying on days off etc and even then trying to get people to respect social distancing/ keep apart is almost impossible to enforce, can't see how small pubs could ever enforce it when they are going to have half the staff they had before 

As a hotel manager and also getting married this year can see it from both sides. Starting to think its not worth the wait until August to see how it goes and just postpone a year
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 9:54pm
I banned our wedding DJ from playing 500 miles.   I despise the song and I think it might also be the root of my hate for the Scottish accent.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 8:28pm
The request of, playing of and dancing to of  'Summer of '69' should lead to many happy occasions: all of them funerals for those involved.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 8:19pm
suppose you’ll have a mix who expect the usual type of wedding songs. I thought I could name some but when I started to actually think of it I could only think of 2, summer of 69 and 500 miles. 
And then others who want more current songs. 
By the time the DJ is on you’re probably well on by that stage anyway. 

As for wedding bands that’s my brothers profession and they’re fecked at the moment. Even when pubs reopen there won’t be any music and weddings cancelled all the way to October. 
A friend of his is a manager of a hotel and even then they don’t want music at weddings. Basically want people to have scaled back numbers, eat their dinner and then go home. 
The dark side.. And the light
Jukebox View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jukebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 12:59pm
Lads a lot of bitching about the DJ after the Band. 
But the DJ usually has a suggested list of songs from the Bride and Groom. 
In some instances I have had a list of music that would cover 10 hours to be played in 1-5 to 2 hours. 
What do you think is wrong with the mix of songs or what do you think makes DJ rubbish in your opinions.
nefarelo View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nefarelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 4:18pm
If you're interested in hiring an irish band, check these - they slapped at our event  Big smile Seriously speaking, very professional and intelligent guys who love what they do; enjoyed their sound a lot.

Edited by nefarelo - 27 Jun 2019 at 3:48pm
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 2:21pm
Where'd my thread go? LOL
There were some great suggestions in it.Ouch
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Seamus Moore would do the job for me!
Fluthered on the moon. Clap
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 10:11am
Seamus Moore would do the job for me!

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 11 Jan 2018 at 10:11am
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 10:09am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Can never see the point in dj's playing at weddings....the bands normally struggle at the start to get people up after the dinner or until people are tanked then they play on for a bit longer than they should and most people are normally done at that stage....some sh*tbox dj comes out then to play muck music to a half empty dance floor....just get the band to play longer and skip the dj
Either you've been at some really bad weddings or had a some really bad dj's
Some people just deserve a slap
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 11:34pm
Can never see the point in dj's playing at weddings....the bands normally struggle at the start to get people up after the dinner or until people are tanked then they play on for a bit longer than they should and most people are normally done at that stage....some sh*tbox dj comes out then to play muck music to a half empty dance floor....just get the band to play longer and skip the dj
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 10:44pm
2k for some wedding bands! f**k sake, madness paying that
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 5:06pm
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

If you're a teenager of the 90's and have a decent wedge to spend then give Smash Hits a whirl 

Saw them at Electric Picnic, they were good in fairness and the tent was packed
Saying that, I was fair full BeerLOL

Some people just deserve a slap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 2:42pm
Always thought it was 'Ray Vaughan', thinking about it, that would only work with an Irish accent.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Having worked in a hotel that does a lot of weddings, I can confirm that the majority of wedding bands are absolute sh*te. The ones that are good tend to cost a fair bit, but are a major improvement on the rest.

As for DJs, all of them are w*nk. No exceptions.

Well I'm sure there are going to be no Tiesto's at irish weddings, but how hard is it to stick on a few songs to fill the dancefloor? Most are much of a muchness surely.
The bride and groom will tell them what songs to play a lot of the time

Exactly, they just have to play whatever keeps them happy 

Why not make a playlist and hook it up to the speakers? Cheaper and you don't have some pollock doing a Ray Vaughan impersonation over every song.

https://youtu.be/4qpoToJ2Au0
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 2:10pm

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Having worked in a hotel that does a lot of weddings, I can confirm that the majority of wedding bands are absolute sh*te. The ones that are good tend to cost a fair bit, but are a major improvement on the rest.

As for DJs, all of them are w*nk. No exceptions.

Well I'm sure there are going to be no Tiesto's at irish weddings, but how hard is it to stick on a few songs to fill the dancefloor? Most are much of a muchness surely.
The bride and groom will tell them what songs to play a lot of the time

Exactly, they just have to play whatever keeps them happy 

Why not make a playlist and hook it up to the speakers? Cheaper and you don't have some pollock doing a Ray Vaughan impersonation over every song.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 2:00pm
If you're a teenager of the 90's and have a decent wedge to spend then give Smash Hits a whirl 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic