You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David Meyler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 101>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 2:22am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I never suggested it was a scoop you seem to have a chip on your shoulder about SAFC.
was only joking, i have nothing against SAFC, i like to see them do well if anything

Okay fair craic if you are ever in Suinderland give me a shout and I will get you a Double Maxim. You going to Poland for the Euros ?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 3:18am

I never suggested it was a scoop you seem to have a chip on your shoulder about SAFC.
was only joking, i have nothing against SAFC, i like to see them do well if anything

Okay fair craic if you are ever in Suinderland give me a shout and I will get you a Double Maxim. You going to Poland for the Euros ?
yeah, heard sunderland is a good spot, yeah  heading to Polkraine alright, yourself?
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 12:10am

yeah, heard sunderland is a good spot, yeah  heading to Polkraine alright, yourself?

Sunderland is a great night and can be reasonably cheap if you know where to go. I'm staying in Berlin for Euros.
Drummerboy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 3:27am
Whats the chances of Meyler going out on loan. Martin O'Neill isn't that keen on blooding youngsters, although he has given McClean a couple of sub appearances. Look at Gary Cahill for instance, who had to leave Villa during MONs stay there to advance his career. Should Meyler be thinking the same?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 3:43am
Originally posted by Drummerboy Drummerboy wrote:

Whats the chances of Meyler going out on loan. Martin O'Neill isn't that keen on blooding youngsters, although he has given McClean a couple of sub appearances. Look at Gary Cahill for instance, who had to leave Villa during MONs stay there to advance his career. Should Meyler be thinking the same?

Think if there is no hope of him breaking into the squad soon then a loan move would be a good option for him. He has only played about 20 times and he's 22. If he is over his injuries then he needs to play
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 7:32am
This weeks Irish Post on Davey highlights : -

Proudest sporting moment - EPL debut for SAFC v Blackburn 2009.

Biggest Dissapointment- Being called into the Ireland senior squad for the first time but having to pull out through injury.

Sporting ambition - to captain Ireland at a World Cup.

Boyhood hero - Roy Keane

Biggest influence on career - My dad John.

Closest friend in sport - Jordan Henderson

Best advice given - train like you play because you play like you train.

Best player you've played against - Wayne Rooney

Favourite sport outside your own - Hurling.

Career after football - Maths teacher.

Favourite food - anything from Nandos.

Masterplan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masterplan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 8:16am
All went a bit quiet on Meyler lately, not even been on the bench a couple of times since O'Neill has been here, good chace to start him in the FA Cup at Peterborough next week though.
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 2:16pm
Not sure whats going on now with Meyler,MON is a disaster with bringing young players into his team.Looked class anytime I see him might need a loan till end of season to kick on again.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Not sure whats going on now with Meyler,MON is a disaster with bringing young players into his team.Looked class anytime I see him might need a loan till end of season to kick on again.

Martin O'Neill  has played young players in the past egs Liam Miller Aiden McGeady Ciaran Clark Barry Bannan etc etc and he has given Jack Colback and James McClean chances at Sunderland. He has also got young Louis Laing on the bench today.

Perhaps because we have loads of midfield options and David Meyler is coming back from two serious injuries MON does not feel its the right time to put the Cork man in .
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 3:30am
I would have assumed that Meyler would have been the first name on the team sheet under MON. Big strong and aggressive.

Much rather see him get a loan move instead of playing in the reserves.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 5:27am

Couldn't disagree more. He is playing a blinder with McClean by gradually introducing him into the frame of things. 

If MON was about Sunderland a few years ago Jordan Henderson would be a hell of a better player than he already is. 
It's Jack Shat
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 7:15am
Meyler is on the bench today, while McClean starts. 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 8:00am

Martin O'Neill  has played young players in the past egs Liam Miller Aiden McGeady Ciaran Clark Barry Bannan etc etc and he has given Jack Colback and James McClean chances at Sunderland. He has also got young Louis Laing on the bench today.

Perhaps because we have loads of midfield options and David Meyler is coming back from two serious injuries MON does not feel its the right time to put the Cork man in .

Agreed fully...
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Cabs88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabs88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 7:19am
while a loan move would probably be no harm, I agree with posters above who have backed MON in the treatment of the player.. Bruce tried to rush Meyler back too soon and he suffered a set back. His time will come I do believe, and he should get game time in the cup next week
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Cabs88 Cabs88 wrote:

while a loan move would probably be no harm, I agree with posters above who have backed MON in the treatment of the player.. Bruce tried to rush Meyler back too soon and he suffered a set back. His time will come I do believe, and he should get game time in the cup next week

This.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 10:40am
Mon knows how to galvanise a Central Midfieler , relax
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 2:14pm
He is now on the field of play at the DW. 
It's Jack Shat
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 2:15pm
Hopefully he makes a good impression
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 101>
  Share Topic