You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snooker Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 42434445>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Selby is the one who has been battling depression. He's had a very difficult childhood.

That’s what he said 

Read it again.
read it three times and it still clearly says “and he has been battling depression”.

Correct and the question was about Selby's wife and not about Mark himself.

It's common knowledge that Mark Selby has been battling mental health illness. 
LOL I know and he answered that by saying “she is” and then further added that he is battling depression. 

LOL Horsey doubling down.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 1:52pm
Horsey LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 2:30pm
The question was about Selby's wife not about Mark Selby because Mark Selby's struggles with mental illness is in the public domain but his wife's sickness is not. 

The initial question from Baggio originated from Brecel's tribute to Vikky Selby because he just heard she was ill and this not in the public domain.....Thumbs Up

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 3:18pm

The question was about Selby's wife not about Mark Selby because Mark Selby's struggles with mental illness is in the public domain but his wife's sickness is not. 

The initial question from Baggio originated from Brecel's tribute to Vikky Selby because he just heard she was ill and this not in the public domain.....Thumbs Up

100%
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 8:55pm
Jaysus LOL
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 9:05pm
Fair play to Brecel who is heading out to play in the Austrian open in Vienna tomorrow. 

I have actually played in this event myself a few years back ,It was in Salzburg but is now a fixture in Vienna and is usually on during or after the world championships,It's a low paying event that does attract some big enough names who are normally ex Top 16 players or lads who haven't qualified for the crucible and it gives them a chance to earn a few extra quid. Ken Doherty was over,Mark King etc.

Brecel had never been past the first round in Sheffield so I am guessing he wasn't expecting to go much further this year and had Vienna booked already - If he wins he will pick up peanuts compared to what he won last night but respect to him for not pulling out. It will do wonders for the tournament having the current world champ involved!

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Fair play to Brecel who is heading out to play in the Austrian open in Vienna tomorrow. 

I have actually played in this event myself a few years back ,It was in Salzburg but is now a fixture in Vienna and is usually on during or after the world championships,It's a low paying event that does attract some big enough names who are normally ex Top 16 players or lads who haven't qualified for the crucible and it gives them a chance to earn a few extra quid. Ken Doherty was over,Mark King etc.

Brecel had never been past the first round in Sheffield so I am guessing he wasn't expecting to go much further this year and had Vienna booked already - If he wins he will pick up peanuts compared to what he won last night but respect to him for not pulling out. It will do wonders for the tournament having the current world champ involved!

You must be handy!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 9:16pm

You played in this event? Who are  you? Fergal O'Brien
I love beer gardens
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 10:00pm

Brecel's speech was a bit odd.  He said ''I want to wish Mark and his family all the best because well maybe I shouldn't say it but I heard some news''.  Selby's face looked =like ''does he know somehting I dont know?'
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

You must be handy!

I used to be half decent but nothing special ,Really you need to practising 6-8 hours a day.
Beat an Austrian and a German and lost to a Swiss lad but made it out of the group stage ,then lost to Hans Blankckeart in the second round on the final black.
Had great craic with Mark King that week,He lost to Matthew Couch in the Semi who went on to beat Patrick Einsle in the final - Einsle now commentates for German Eurosport's snooker coverage.

Einsle was only a kid then and was Germany's big hope as the sport was really growing there but he never really made it...
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 10:19pm

You must be handy!

I used to be half decent but nothing special ,Really you need to practising 6-8 hours a day.
Beat an Austrian and a German and lost to a Swiss lad but made it out of the group stage ,then lost to Hans Blankckeart in the second round on the final black.
Had great craic with Mark King that week,He lost to Matthew Couch in the Semi who went on to beat Patrick Einsle in the final - Einsle now commentates for German Eurosport's snooker coverage.

Einsle was only a kid then and was Germany's big hope as the sport was really growing there but he never really made it...

What's your highest break? I made a 42 once. That's my highest when i used to practice 2 or 3 times a week. Must get back to it again soon.
I love beer gardens
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

You must be handy!

What's your highest break? I made a 42 once. That's my highest when i used to practice 2 or 3 times a week. Must get back to it again soon.

86 but that was a lifetime ago,Still have my cue but I probably wouldn't hit 16 now,Haven't played in years.

The head wreck with Snooker is that you can practise for 3-4 hours a day ,3 - 4 days a week for 3 months... Then you take a few weeks off and you are absolute sh*te!

But you don't play pool for 3 years and you can still clean up - I do mean the American pool tables though which are used in mainland Europe.

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 10:55pm
Ya you wud want to be playing regularly to be in any decent form. 86 a good break. I wouldn't be able to make that even in my good times. Met the majority of the players. Used to go to any tournament i could when they were on here. 
I love beer gardens
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 10:58pm

Ya you wud want to be playing regularly to be in any decent form. 86 a good break. I wouldn't be able to make that even in my good times. Met the majority of the players. Used to go to any tournament i could when they were on here. 

You’re being modest Ken. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

You’re being modest Ken. 

I'm Matt. You're mixing me up LOL

Edited by doherty - 02 May 2023 at 11:10pm
I love beer gardens
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 7:07am
ah Matt, the promising young talent.
No Pasaran!
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 11:47pm
Ronnie still winning the majors, still winding his opponents up, even his b game is good enough,  if he could get himself motivated for the world's in April would be his first clean sweep of all big three in same season 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 7:50am
Once he got it to 7-7 there was never going to be another winner. He put the pedal down from that point.

A class operator. The best to ever do it and I'll go as far to say that there has never been someone as talented in any sport than Ronnie is at snooker. Right handed or left handed he'll bat them all away. Clap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 42434445>
  Share Topic