Jack Lisowski 50/1
Dechawat Poomjaeng 200/1
Jimmy White 400/1
Ricky Walden 66/1
Yu Delu 200/1
Dave Harold 475/1
Martin Gould 80/1

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Replies:
Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 3:33pm
Be mad to go again Selby S/L imo, he's been way way out in front of everyone else this year

Dott at 40/1 is a bit value as he prefers the longer match over best of 19 etc...

Yer young lad Lisowski been winning a good few matches as well lately so one to keep an eye on Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 3:36pm
What's happened to ebdon?? 80s look huge for him

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 3:54pm
Ebdon and his percentage game is out of date, 80/1 for a reason, i think John Higgins is also worth a punt at 8/1 normally performs well at the Crucible.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 3:57pm
Been sh*te so far Colm, think he's still living in dubai so bound to be a struggle for him to get to all the events now as a lot are european based. There's also the fact all the tournaments are over a shortened format, best of 7 I think so its a lot easier for the likes of him to be dumped out early and get less game time which I think has been happening. All that plus old age and sh*teness is catching up on him 

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 4:11pm
He is probably the least entertaining player i have ever seen,takes an age over every  shot Angry  i remember that match against O Sullivan where he slowed the game down to wreck his head and took the  maximum shot time over every shot!then he cried in the interview afterwards!

-------------

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 4:32pm
Ali Carter at 22s decent value there. Will back Ronnie as always

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Ebdon and his percentage game is out of date, 80/1 for a reason, i think John Higgins is also worth a punt at 8/1 normally performs well at the Crucible.
might have a tenner on the celt. He loves the big stageThumbs Up

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 4:37am
He has as much chance of winning the thing as I do, but I would love to see Jimmy White get to the TV rounds (final qualifier before TV rounds Vs Robert Milkins) just for the sake of it. When ya think that him and Steve Davis contested the WC final in 1984 (a year short of 30 years ago) and the 2 of them are still out there competing just for the love of the game, and still reasonably competitive enough to still be ranked in the top 64, ya would have to have a bit of respect for the lads. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 7:51am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

He has as much chance of winning the thing as I do, but I would love to see Jimmy White get to the TV rounds (final qualifier before TV rounds Vs Robert Milkins) just for the sake of it. When ya think that him and Steve Davis contested the WC final in 1984 (a year short of 30 years ago) and the 2 of them are still out there competing just for the love of the game, and still reasonably competitive enough to still be ranked in the top 64, ya would have to have a bit of respect for the lads. 

Jimmy was an amazing talent,,sadly he was just never meant win a world title.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 11:53am

But an absolute **** of a man. Ignorant bastard, typical chelsea fan

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

I'd be coont too if I had to go to sleep every night thinking about that black I missed off the spot in the final frame against Hendry in '94. 

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 12:57pm

Never knew he was like that tbh

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 6:41pm
Doherty currently 9-9 in qualifying with Selt. Came back from 9-4 down. Best of 19. Streaming on the betting websites - 365 anyway.

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 6:52pm
http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/181100/2/watch-snooker-:world-championship-qualifying.html%20" rel="nofollow - http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/181100/2/watch-snooker-:world-championship-qualifying.html

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 7:00pm
Thought he was done for there. At least has a last chance now.

EDIT: Missed the potCry Finished now

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 7:19pm
There is a few players there that could win it Stephen mcquire at 16/1 offers some e/w value

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 10:49am

May i  ask why??Confused
Ronnie Wood has a house in Clane, Co Kildare , Jimmy would come over and visit him every few months,both of them would pop down to the Corner house pub on weekday afternoons for a few pints, he was always friendly with the locals, signing autographs and posing for photos,always polite when i met him there and in Goffs when the Irish Masters was on, he has since bought his own house in Kilcock and is loved by everyone.

-------------

Posted By: PaulMcGrath5
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 11:09am
Ali Carter 22/1 e/w looks tempting. But to win I would have to go with Selby or Robertson.

Love to see Mark Williams do well, outrageous talent that man has.

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 11:27am
Originally posted by PaulMcGrath5 PaulMcGrath5 wrote:

Ali Carter 22/1 e/w looks tempting. But to win I would have to go with Selby or Robertson.

Serious long ball potter,remember around  2003  he was winning everything....then just  seemed to fadeConfused

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 1:18pm

May i  ask why??Confused
Ronnie Wood has a house in Clane, Co Kildare , Jimmy would come over and visit him every few months,both of them would pop down to the Corner house pub on weekday afternoons for a few pints, he was always friendly with the locals, signing autographs and posing for photos,always polite when i met him there and in Goffs when the Irish Masters was on, he has since bought his own house in Kilcock and is loved by everyone.

came into a pub I worked in in London. Barmaid, who/was is the friendliest girl you could meet, asked him politely to take his cap off. He refused, she said it is house rules and apologised. He said 'do you not f**king know who I am?'. she said no as she genuinely didn't, he was a bit aggressive, said something derogatory and walked out. Absolute knob. It was funny when she said' who was that?' and everyone responded Jimmy White!

-------------

Posted By: PaulMcGrath5
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 2:09pm

Serious long ball potter,remember around  2003  he was winning everything....then just  seemed to fadeConfused

Just don't think he was arsed with the practicing, and the standard is so good now that unless your O'Sullivan you really have to put serious hours in.

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 2:51pm
jimmy white knocked out in final qualifier, have to rely on ronnie for the natural talent again

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Posted By: irish boogie
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 3:39pm

May i  ask why??Confused

came into a pub I worked in in London. Barmaid, who/was is the friendliest girl you could meet, asked him politely to take his cap off. He refused, she said it is house rules and apologised. He said 'do you not f**king know who I am?'. she said no as she genuinely didn't, he was a bit aggressive, said something derogatory and walked out. Absolute knob. It was funny when she said' who was that?' and everyone responded Jimmy White!
Strange why is that rule in pub that you cant wear a cap  ?

-------------
Thank You Torun and Tyskie

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 8:30am

Neil Robertson and Mark Selby are Shaun Murphy's top tips for World Championship

Updated: Thursday, 18 Apr 2013 07:24 | http://www.rte.ie/sport/snooker/2013/0418/381964-murphy-dont-rule-out-osullivan/#idc-container" rel="nofollow - 0 Comments

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 2:35pm

Just don't think he was arsed with the practicing, and the standard is so good now that unless your O'Sullivan you really have to put serious hours in.
Mostly got bored of snooker a bit and was trying his hand at 9 ball pool as well as a good few poker tournaments. Started putting the hours back in about 2/3 years ago and had risen well up the rankings last year back to 3rd in the world and a quick look there and he has dropped down to 10th this year at moment. Top notch lad as well, good for a bit of craic Thumbs Up

Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

jimmy white knocked out in final qualifier, have to rely on ronnie for the natural talent again
Judd Trump is just as naturally talented as Ronnie  Thumbs Up

Looking at the draw and the winner of Dott v Murphy in the 2nd round would be well capable of taking out Trump so would get on either of them ew as if they make the semi final v higgins or ronnie they're well capable of beating them Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 2:43pm
I had a bizarre dream last night that I was playing Jimmy White in a match, called a foul on myself, then watched as he fouled the yellow with his rest (only I saw it), he refused to acknowledge it, he beat me, then I called him a coont in a tv interview.

Like I said, bizarre.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I had a bizarre dream last night that I was playing Jimmy White in a match, called a foul on myself, then watched as he fouled the yellow with his rest (only I saw it), he refused to acknowledge it, he beat me, then I called him a coont in a tv interview.

Like I said, bizarre.

ConfusedLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 4:30pm
Mark Williams gonna be the first big name casualty this year, is 5-8 down to White(a new welsh lad, have never heard of myself) and white was in position to make it 5-9 but missed a sitter

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 4:18am
John Higgins Gone   

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by irish boogie irish boogie wrote:

May i  ask why??Confused

Strange why is that rule in pub that you cant wear a cap  ?
try and keep scumbags out. Is in most decent pubs

-------------

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 12:07am
Who's this Dechawat Poomjaeng bloke?
He's some Thai guy who doesn't seem fully there, but a bit of a spacer. He lost a frame cos he fouled 3 times when the ball wasn't snookered.
He's also getting a hammering today, don't know how he got past the 1st round.

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 12:27am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

He's some Thai guy who doesn't seem fully there, but a bit of a spacer. He lost a frame cos he fouled 3 times when the ball wasn't snookered.

This guy is hilarious,crowd love him, he jumps up and down,makes mad faces and was roaring his head off when he won the last match,only been a pro 2 years!

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 9:01pm

beat Maguire so deserved it. He is a crowd pleaserClap

-------------

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 11:26pm

beat Maguire so deserved it. He is a crowd pleaserClap

he is a headbanger and he's out! sure he even had the referee making mistakesLOL

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 1:24am

R O'Sullivan 3/1

M Selby 7/2

J Trump 7/2

Ding Junhui 5/1

S Murphy 8/1

A Carter 16/1

S Bingham 18/1

Michael White 20/1

R Walden 25/1

M Davis 40/1

R Milkins 40/1

B Hawkins 66/1

M King 80/1

M Fu 100/1

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 7:27pm
The only reason I watch this sport is after getting out of jail in this frame against Carter.Two awful misses by both players.O Sullivan winning 9-7 and should take this frame after Carter let him off.

-------------

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 7:41pm
O' Sullivan is an absolute legend. Some top quality pots followed by average misses but he makes snooker worth watching

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 7:43pm
o'sullivan is quality for sure, left or right handed, best player ever

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 8:57pm
Forget about that lads. O Sullivan won 13-8

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 10:01pm
Ronnie was brilliant tonight, he will take some stopping Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 10:44pm
Looking at the draw i can see an O Sullivan v Ding final, Ding plays Hawkins in the quarters and the winner of Walden and White in the semi if he makes it,O Sullivan plays Bingham in the quarters and the winner of Trump v Murphy in the semi, reckon O Sullivan v Trump could be a cracking match if Trump hits form.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 12:37am
Ye the Chinese lad looks good . Love to see Ronnie win it again

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 10:22pm
Trump was on fire, he won 5 in a row tonight!

-------------

Posted By: daboi89
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 10:46pm
Ronnie on some roll

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 9:49am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Ye the Chinese lad looks good . Love to see Ronnie win it again
would be massive for the sport to have a Ding- Ronnie finalClap

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 12:05pm
Ding is out !

-------------

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 1:23pm
Ronnie looks nailed on to win this, Mark Williams tweeted the other day that Ronnie must have been at home watching them for the last 12 months and laughing at them all.

The year out seems to have made no difference to him he is still clearly the best around and can't see anyone stopping him winning this, he won't be bothered by Trump or Murphy in semis that's for sure, Ding getting knocked out adds to his claims, hope he wins it myself.

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 1:34pm
Can there be no Ronnie v Trump final? Would have been a cracker..

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 1:36pm
Nah Max they are due to meet in semis if he beats Murph, Hawkins, White or Walden on the other side.

Posted By: keitho5
Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 6:07pm
Cracking match between trump and murphy Clap

-------------
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by othiek othiek wrote:

Cracking match between trump and murphy Clap

Great last frame. Only turned it over at 12-12.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 6:55pm
My bet on Murphy out the chuffing window now Ouch fukin religious freak that he is, never liked him anyway Thumbs Down

Will be hoping Trump wins the lot now Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

My bet on Murphy out the chuffing window now Ouch fukin religious freak that he is, never liked him anyway Thumbs Down

Will be hoping Trump wins the lot now Thumbs Up

LOL   Mormons!

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 9:25pm
Anybody read ronnie's book? I hear its meant to be good

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Yes, bought it years ago,great read Clap still have it, some really decent stuff in it, remember a few bits about how he was stripped of  the Irish masters after he failed a drug test and it was given to Doherty which pissed him off big time,lots about his dad,murder, his mum in prison, the different type of mates he had which would drag him to smoke dope, eat Mc Donalds and be a lazy **** and the buzz he got from getting  fit,his dislike of Williams and Hendry,love for Arsenal  etc, well worth the read.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 9:41pm

Yes, bought it years ago,great read Clap still have it, some really decent stuff in it, remember a few bits about how he was stripped of  the Irish masters after he failed a drug test and it was given to Doherty which pissed him off big time,lots about his dad,murder, his mum in prison, the different type of mates he had which would drag him to smoke dope, eat Mc Donalds and be a lazy **** and the buzz he got from getting  fit,his dislike of Williams and Hendry,love for Arsenal  etc, well worth the read.

Everytime he plays the crowd is always up for him. He's a legend

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 9:44pm

Everytime he plays the crowd is always up for him. He's a legend

Met him when he was starting out at the Irish masters in Kildare and a few years later in a bar in Malaga, he walked in with a few English sl*gs and was bang on the charley in the jacks!Legend, Genius,making century breaks with his left hand and 5 minute 147's with his right,his safety game is almost flawless now too.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 11:30pm
He is on about retiring again, as much as I like watching him play, I am bored ta fcuk by all this sh*te every year. At this stage, he is retiring for roughly around 10 years. The sport would be a lot poorer if he did, but at least we wouldn't have to listen to the same thing every single year. Can't see why he couldn't do this for another while, take the year off and only play in the WC. None of the other players would be happy, but equally none of them have the talent or confidence to pull that off, the majority of them need to be playing all the time to be on form. Not the case with O'Sullivan. 

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 11:52pm
Agree Deise, just watched his post match interview saying he came back to get money to pay for the school fees and that he didnt miss the sport at all, went on to say he will just play small tournaments and that's about it, his sh*te every year is very tiresome but at the same time the talent of the lad on the table is just brilliant to watch, would be grand if none of us heard his interviews cos his snooker is so much better than the rest.

Date Posted: 02 May 2013 at 12:34am
A tweet by MJ (Mark) Williams on this - sums up my entire feeling on Ronnie. Caps are Williams', not mine....

''Ronnie O'Sullivan is the best thing to happen in snooker and the world championships. UNTIL HE OPENS HIS FXXXXXX  MOUTH'' #sameoldstory

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 02 May 2013 at 8:50am

Competition seems very poor this year, think Ronnie will cruise to the title which is a bad sign for the rest of the players.

Date Posted: 02 May 2013 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Competition seems very poor this year, think Ronnie will cruise to the title which is a bad sign for the rest of the players.

A lot of the big names have complained of Burnout,since Barry Hearn took over he has increased the schedule by 50% its a bit of a shame Ding didnt make the final or Trump wasn't on the other side of the draw as Ronnie,he will destroy Hawkins or Walden.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2013 at 9:45am
could be the most one sided final ever

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 02 May 2013 at 9:51am
Havent watched a great deal of it, but from what i have seen there dont seem to be many century breaks this year compared to other years??

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 02 May 2013 at 11:01am
To ROS snooker is his job and how he earns his money. How many of us like how we earn our money.

Ronnie has the advantage that he is the best and can earn buckets of money whenever the need arises. He doesnt need to be a PR man for snooker.

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 02 May 2013 at 2:50pm
Judd has made a good few fouls in the first few opening frames. But seems like it would be hard to stop O'Sullivan.

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Date Posted: 02 May 2013 at 3:56pm
In fairness  to him he fought back well, cleaned up in a few frames, 1st time Ronnie has had a bit of a test , session finished  4-4.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2013 at 10:04am
Had a hefty bet on O Sullivan at 5/6 to win the tournament. Only concern I would have is if things dont go his way in the 1st few frames this morning and he loses his head. Trump deserves credit for coming back from 4-1 yesterday

Date Posted: 03 May 2013 at 1:27pm
Trump vitally won a tight final frame to keep the lead of Ronnie's down to 2. 10-6 and it probably would have been over. Keeps it a contest. A lot of scrappy play this morning but a lot of fine potting all the same

Date Posted: 03 May 2013 at 9:26pm
This match is full of errors by both players. It might be 13-9 to Ronnie but it could be 11 all.

Ronnie warned about making obscene gesture now, which he denied - rubbing his cue up and downLOL according to the Eurosport commentators anyway. The ref wouldnt want to be reffing a pro pool tournament. There'd be no players left

EDIT: Hes clearly unamused. Saying he wants to go homeLOL

Date Posted: 03 May 2013 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

This match is full of errors by both players. It might be 13-9 to Ronnie but it could be 11 all.

Ronnie warned about making obscene gesture now, which he denied - rubbing his cue up and downLOL according to the Eurosport commentators anyway. The ref wouldnt want to be reffing a pro pool tournament. There'd be no players left

EDIT: Hes clearly unamused. Saying he wants to go homeLOL

Was wondering what other "gestures " he could have made LOL  Judd  about to shoot when a Fart rips around the crowd was hilarious   http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YyIiHEKhaGw" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YyIiHEKhaGw

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2013 at 10:29pm
According to twitter someone had a fart machine with them and did it a few times when Trump was down.

Funny as it may be, what would possess you to do that or even have the nerve to do it.

Ronnies head completely went for the rest of that frame and the start of the last one but he gathered himself for that frame winning break. Apparently the getire was off camera so its no clearer whether he did do it at someone in the crowd or what. Turns out she does ref 9 ball pool (Tabb the referee) so surely shes used to players doing that with the cue that Ronnie was pleading innocence over. Odd

Date Posted: 03 May 2013 at 10:45pm
Tabb is a thick sh*t politically correct referee in that like everything in life these days snooker had to be seen to have some form of female representation even though every female is sh*t at the sport(tis an open championship and nothing stopping them entering qualifying bar they're all sh*t at it).

They love playing on her supposed dominant persona when in fact she makes more than enough mistakes(the other night lifted the cue ball and put it on the blue spot I think it was when the blue ball had been potted ffs) yet she'll still get given the final despite being totally incompetent so the bbc/wpbsa can fulfil their pc quota in the sport Thumbs Down

She doesnt get away with half her sh*t when she does the 9 ball pool as the yanks fuk her off and answer her back and have had to tell her the rules a few times from memory(Earl Strickland in particular lost it with her one time from memory I think but then he'd fuk anyone off over nothing LOL). Think she mainly only does the 9ball stuff when sky are covering it

*if she could actually do the job to a competent standard would'nt have an issue with her Thumbs Up 

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2013 at 6:15am
She tweeted last night.........."To all you haters........watch the replay"   http://https://twitter.com/MichaelaTabb?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=MichaelaTabb&utm_content=330457872804749312" rel="nofollow - http://https://twitter.com/MichaelaTabb?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=MichaelaTabb&utm_content=330457872804749312

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2013 at 9:46am
And Trump retweeted it... The replay is on the Daily Mail website. Much ado sbout nothing

Date Posted: 04 May 2013 at 10:26am
Trump to win 7-2 or better today looks almost impossible, 3 sessions played won 0 drawn 1 and lost 2, expect Ronnie to get through comfortably today.

Final will be a let down that is for sure, I reckon Hawkins would put up a better fight than Ricky but wouldn't give either much hope of the upset.

Date Posted: 04 May 2013 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Trump to win 7-2 or better today looks almost impossible, 3 sessions played won 0 drawn 1 and lost 2, expect Ronnie to get through comfortably today.

Final will be a let down that is for sure, I reckon Hawkins would put up a better fight than Ricky but wouldn't give either much hope of the upset.

Agree  100%  would have been much better if Trump and Ronnie were in the final,Hawkins is playing awful, confidence seems to be gone,Walden is not much better but at least he is scoring when he is in the balls.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2013 at 12:39pm
any one have a link from the daily mail? cannot find it

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2013 at 12:43pm
just found it, ridiculous.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2013 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

To ROS snooker is his job and how he earns his money. How many of us like how we earn our money.

Ronnie has the advantage that he is the best and can earn buckets of money whenever the need arises. He doesnt need to be a PR man for snooker.
No, but well he is making money from it he should show a bit of respect and keep his mouth closed.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2013 at 1:40pm

That is fair enough if that is the way he feels, like you said, most of us are working to pay the bills and loving your job is only an ideal for the majority. 

He is the best...........at the moment. These things are finite, Davis and Hendry had far longer spells of domination than Ronnie, but it ended for them too. There might come a day where he will be glad of being able to go to China to play in a tournament and earn a few bob from it when he is far removed from being a WC contender. 

Anyway, his statement doesn't make sense, he says he is competing in this WC to 'pay a few bills' he is behind on, if that is true, then winning first prize is unlikely to set him up for life or anything, maybe he intends making a living doing something else, but he has said all this before, and as you point out, snooker is the one thing he can earn money from, therefore it stands to reason we will see him again at some stage in the nearish future. 

The bookies are as sceptical as meself on all this bollix, they have him odds on to play in the WC next year. 

-------------

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 04 May 2013 at 1:46pm
Ronnie can always run the sex shops if he packs in snooker.

Date Posted: 04 May 2013 at 3:17pm

That is fair enough if that is the way he feels, like you said, most of us are working to pay the bills and loving your job is only an ideal for the majority. 

He is the best...........at the moment. These things are finite, Davis and Hendry had far longer spells of domination than Ronnie, but it ended for them too. There might come a day where he will be glad of being able to go to China to play in a tournament and earn a few bob from it when he is far removed from being a WC contender. 

Anyway, his statement doesn't make sense, he says he is competing in this WC to 'pay a few bills' he is behind on, if that is true, then winning first prize is unlikely to set him up for life or anything, maybe he intends making a living doing something else, but he has said all this before, and as you point out, snooker is the one thing he can earn money from, therefore it stands to reason we will see him again at some stage in the nearish future. 

The bookies are as sceptical as meself on all this bollix, they have him odds on to play in the WC next year. 

the tour has changed since hendry and steve davis days. its become more demanding on the players now, since barry hearn took over i believe, wasnt mark allen complaining about schedules and demands last year. i appreciate they are earning good money but ROS probably happy dipping his toes in once a year ! and he is box office so can get away with it, whether you like him or not.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2013 at 3:27pm

the tour has changed since hendry and steve davis days. its become more demanding on the players now, since barry hearn took over i believe, wasnt mark allen complaining about schedules and demands last year. i appreciate they are earning good money but ROS probably happy dipping his toes in once a year ! and he is box office so can get away with it, whether you like him or not.
He needs to show a bit of respect though!

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2013 at 3:33pm
He'll be allowed just show up the once a year if he wants I reckon and it seems that's all he wants to do. He says he's to play a few low key events for his sponsor as well..

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2013 at 6:35pm
Was chatting to Mark King a few years ago at the Austrian Open,he said most of the players Hate R.O.S as he gets away with murder but is allowed to do what he likes as he is the sports biggest draw,wouldn't be surprised if he made an arrangement with Barry Hearn that allows him to show up once a year at the crucible.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2013 at 6:39pm
More like they hate him cos he is so good and makes the sport look ridiculously easy, this the same Mark King that has openly admitted to having a gambling problem yet turns up at the crucible with Betfair splashed across his jacket, muppet.

Date Posted: 04 May 2013 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

More like they hate him cos he is so good and makes the sport look ridiculously easy, this the same Mark King that has openly admitted to having a gambling problem yet turns up at the crucible with Betfair splashed across his jacket, muppet.

He comes over here every year,and always came across as a sound bloke tbh Sono,comes  to practice in the club i play in ,not big headed in the slightest,all about his  kids  etc, don't think you can pick and choose your sponsors unless you are the rocket himself,i love watching O Sullivan and always have since i seen him in Goffs, but the whole "im retiring " saga is getting a bit boring.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2013 at 8:39pm
In what must be a new record, even for him, he now says he is unlikely to retire. Whatever chief, god luck tomorrow/Monday, see ya next year then.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2013 at 4:51am

It has alright, but that has to be put in the context of where it declined from. There are now all of 12 ranking snooker tournaments.  When Mr B Hearn took over the sport 3 or 4 years ago, this amount had declined to 6 tournaments.  Mr B Hearn  has plans for nearly doubling this amount (to 24 or so) from next year on. 

The Davis/Hendry era went all the way from 1981 (Davis' first WC) to 1999 (Hendry's last WC). There have been some 20 odd tournaments (not counting the 5 or 6 that have more or less always been there, and still are since the pro era) that have been and gone since, and until Barry took over, not been replaced. It is one of the reasons he got control of the sport in the first place, the overwhelming majority of Pro's were complaining at not being able to make a living from the sport. 

The new reality for the Selby's, Allen's and Trump's etc is that they came in to the sport when there was relatively fcuk all tournaments, do well in 3 or 4 out of the 6 and they were laughing, now that there is twice that (with that amount to be doubled) they simply don't have the consistency of a Hendry or a Davis to consistently dominate. The only difference between now and 20 years ago is the fact that a lot of these new tournaments are not in the UK, there is a lot more travel involved these days. But the amount of tournaments is about where it was during snooker's glory days. 

Just to put that in context, Mr Allen is a major player these days, he has won all of 2 ranking events, and one non ranking event. He has been runner up in one ranking event.  Stephen Hendry has 36 ranking titles and 38 non ranking titles. And that is not counting the 21 ranking events he finished runner up in. Steve Davis has 28 ranking titles, 52 non ranking titles and all of 35 runner ups between the 2.  Remind me which of the 3 is complaining of burnout ??????????

More demanding on the newer players ?? Only if ya started watching the sport in the mid 2000's. 
Ronnie has 24 ranking titles and 23 non ranking, by far the most impressive haul of this generation, but a hell of a lot less than his exceptional talent should have walked off with. 

-------------

Posted By: Biffo
Date Posted: 05 May 2013 at 9:15am
Quotes from Ronnie about just playing to pay debts. What is he owe a load of money to?

Date Posted: 05 May 2013 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Biffo Biffo wrote:

Quotes from Ronnie about just playing to pay debts. What is he owe a load of money to?

1st  he said it was school bills  for children now its something about an ex bird Confused

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 05 May 2013 at 9:17pm

Book out in October to explain it all

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 05 May 2013 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Book out in October to explain it all

Spare me. I love watching him and feel sorry for him in many ways but he is just a caricature of himself now. Another cockney with a big mouth

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2013 at 9:21pm
Meant to say fair play to Hawkins, he has hung on in there and made a match of this.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2013 at 10:22pm
Hawkins should have taken on that last black seen as he's a lefty

Date Posted: 06 May 2013 at 12:37am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

HawkinsMyself should have taken on that last black seen as he's a lefty
Babbs you can take him tomorrow - you just have to believe LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 06 May 2013 at 10:11am

Meant to say fair play to Hawkins, he has hung on in there and made a match of this.

Clap  some fantastic Snooker from both of them last night!

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 06 May 2013 at 11:54am
Was it me or did I see a load of GAA jersey's in the crowd yesterday?

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net