You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snooker Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 45>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 10:13pm
Silly mistake from Ronnie with the in off,bit of left hand side would have avoided it but there was still a lot of work to do,fair play to Hawkins,tournament loses out though when Ronnie leaves.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 10:16pm
Sickened.

Fair play to Hawkins all the same.

Once O'Sullivan's knocked out that's the end of my interest in the competition.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 10:17pm
I really want Ding to win it, he wont get a better chance than this, all the fav are gone.
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 10:00pm
Hawkins and FU another classic.

What a comeback from Barry Clap but still trails by one frame, 12 -11.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 10:12pm
How the f**k is McManus in the semi final? He was average 20/25 years ago. Has snooker gone that bad
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

How the f**k is McManus in the semi final? He was average 20/25 years ago. Has snooker gone that bad
Yes.

There's hope for Jimmy yet...

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

It hasn't really gone bad, tis just stagnated for years. We recognise McManus as one of the now ancient lads playing, but even these 'new' youngish lads like Murphy, Selby, Robertson, Ding etc have been around for ages at this stage, all over 30 bar 29 year old Ding.  Even Trump, the great new young talent, is 26 years old. Which is still young, but Stephen Hendry had won 5 world titles by the time he was 27. 

For whatever reason, these new tournaments & the amount of them haven't really lead to a load of rising snooker stars, but for some reason, have lead to a resurgence of lads around 40 or older rising up the rankings, M Williams, Bingham, John Higgins (who to be fair to him, never actually slipped down the rankings much at all, very consistent playing level for 20 years now) Marco Fu (38), and McManus for example.  Our own Fergal O'Brien (age 44) is still ranked as high as 40. 

It has gone a bit like darts, where commentators inevitably describe anyone under 25 who has won a game or beaten one of the high ranking lads is some minor tournament as a 'future world champion' before the actual world championship is usually won by a fella who we have been watching for 10 years or more, like Taylor & Anderson in the darts. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 11:17pm
Ding will slaughter McManus and Selby will beat FU.

I can see FU having a slow start having to play again tomorrow night.

Ding to beat Selby in the final Thumbs Up
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 11:55pm
Deise, it's all the smaller ptc events that has lads like Fergal so high. Pick and choose the right tournament's and have a decent run and you'll get a decent amount of ranking points. Mark Allen appears to have the right attitude to the modern ranking system but questionable temperament to fully utilise it, Higgins a big fan of all the eastern european tournament's surprisingly enough

Would love to say Ding will win from the remaining 4 but he's most likely to crumble in the final session of the final imo unfortunately
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 5:18am
Would love to see Ding win it but i feel like its Selby's year,he is the only one left who has experience of winning it and of course he is a big Leicester fan etc.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 7:00am
Hopefully (and should be ) a selby v ding final.....Selby is the 'jester from Leicester' so is it to be his year?
Wouldn't begrudge either of them winning it - both great players.

Really dislike Higgins so glad he is out.

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 7:59am
Higgins lost a lot of fans after his bribe video,China have more or less saved snooker wth the amount of money they have put into the game so i wouldn't begrudge Ding a world title.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 9:22am
SByrne has a season ticket for the Crucible.
He used to drink pints with Alan McManus in his local in Glasgow also when he was over watching Celtic

Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Would love to see Ding win it but i feel like its Selby's year,he is the only one left who has experience of winning it and of course he is a big Leicester fan etc.
Selby is not playing great and doing just enough to win matches which kind of reminds me when he won it 2 years ago. Playing avg snooker a few years back meant an early exit so the standard has fallen in some regards this year.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 11:28am

Man Utd to beat Leicester on Sunday

Leicester fan Selby to win the world snooker on Monday night

Chelsea beat Spurs on Monday night and Leicester are champions

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 11:37am
I still can't believe Alan McManus is in the semi finals. Hilarious.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I still can't believe Alan McManus is in the semi finals. Hilarious.

I know absolutely crazy, he was in the semi finals in 92 and 93. 
In the last 10 years at the World champions he didn't even qualify for 6 of them and had 3 first round exits.
Haven't really been following but is he having a purple patch or has the standard just dropped?

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 9:12pm
5th frame, Selby does one of the best escapes I think you'll ever see and flukes a near impossible snooker out of it as well. Fu somehow just hit the yellow there, 2 awesome shots, doubt you'll see better this year Clap

Excellent game this 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 45>
  Share Topic