You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - England match Lansdowne Road 1995 - Were you there
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

England match Lansdowne Road 1995 - Were you there

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Just did the interview with Stephen from the BBC there. Will let you know when it's on the BBC website. Thumbs Up

Clap

I hope you gave ybig a plug  Thumbs Up
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 3:10pm
Sure did
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

Lived on Dorset street for a year about 10 years ago. I knew a few of the local lads to say hello to. Interesting characters. One lad, a real howaya, off his face most days told a great story of about 10 of his mates getting weapons out of the flats and legging it down O Connell st in the direction of Lansdowne . Not one of them made it over O Connell bridge. I assumed that they had been stopped by the gards. Ah no he said, none of us could run. We were f**ked from too much bad stuff in them days. 

However he did promise to be ready if they ever came over and played it in Croke Park

LOL

I was in UCD, watched the match on the big screen in the bar, when the trouble started some clown tried to organise a posse to head down to Landsdowne to give the cops a hand.

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 12:17pm
This was my first senior international I attended, was doing a two week course in Cert in Amien street at the time, remember being in some pub in O'Connell street after the game ( could have been mc graths up stairs anyway ???) 4 roit cops came in and bate 4 English fans out the door. went up to the north star after that for a few peaceful pints.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 1:44am
Yes, was there and was actually a steward that night. Was one of the first to notice the big yob in the centre of the West Upper England section starting to orchestrate the whole thing.
Frightening night and have no desire to ever be at another England game as a result. 
I used to be a schizophrenic.......and so was I
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Cookie Monster Cookie Monster wrote:

Yes, was there and was actually a steward that night. Was one of the first to notice the big yob in the centre of the West Upper England section starting to orchestrate the whole thing.
Frightening night and have no desire to ever be at another England game as a result. 
Did the cops let you have a go with their batons?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 7:44pm
33:40 mins in.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 9:28pm
What a lying bastard your man on that video is. He's saying that for 20 minutes Irish fans were throwing cans of urine at the English fans. Trying to justify what they did. Pure fookin scum.

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 22 May 2013 at 9:29pm

As You Were
Three in a row
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 8:18am
when is this article going up on the BBC ?
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 9:08am
Your man e-mailed me on Tuesday to say the article will be on the website next week. I'm also doing a TV interview for BBC news with Dan Roan about the 1995 match in Lansdowne Road tomorrow.

As You Were
Three in a row
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 9:46pm
I was there that night in 95, genuinely the scariest experiences of my life. It was a horrible night from start to finish, I remember it was blowing an absolute gale in Lansdowne & the atmosphere in the ground was poisonous from the minute we got inside. I can't remember too much of the game itself apart from the goal & all hell broke loose after the Irish players took their positions back in their half after a good 2 minutes celebrating the goal! We were directly underneath the upper tier & could see the missiles raining down from up above us. I can still remember a man telling everyone to stay put because there was loads of English running up & down the stairwells battering Irish fans who were on their way out. I remember making a dash for it out the exit & legging it from Landsdowne up the road & an eerie memory I have is waiting in a gateway for the huge crowd to disperse before making our way into town. It was very hard to identify who was who because of the heavy clothing everyone was wearing that night. Nobody knew who was who & thankfully nothing happened once we were outside. Apparently there was mayhem outaide once the English started leaving the ground.
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 10:05pm

Your man e-mailed me on Tuesday to say the article will be on the website next week. I'm also doing a TV interview for BBC news with Dan Roan about the 1995 match in Lansdowne Road tomorrow.

When will this be broadcast?
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 11:00pm

When?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

When?

next week
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 10:38am
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

When will this be broadcast?
He said it will be on the 6 o'clock news on either Tuesday or Wednesday night.

As You Were
Three in a row
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 3:07pm
A piece about the night coming up on Newstalk in a few minutes
liam_in_germany View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

A piece about the night coming up on Newstalk in a few minutes

sound man Thumbs Up
Humpy Gussy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humpy Gussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 3:38pm
Thanks - some good insights! Thumbs Up
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic