You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World War 3 USSR v USA/Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 7:12pm
#preyfordearleaderkimjungun
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 3:00pm
On the subject of WW III > http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/15/swedish-towns-told-make-preparations-regarding-threat-war-conflict/

These are worrying times with Trump on board and an emboldened Russia.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

On the subject of WW III > http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/15/swedish-towns-told-make-preparations-regarding-threat-war-conflict/

These are worrying times with Trump on board and an emboldened Russia.

I don't think Putin would be mad enough to do anything like that. He likes to display of strength but it wouldn't benefit Russia if they engaged in unprovoked aggression.

In regards to Ukraine, it was NATO and Ukraine's ultra-nationalist element that provoked the crisis with Russians in Ukraine and Russia. Russia will obviously react with aggression if they feel threatened. None of those Baltic countries and others bordering Russia should have been permitted to join NATO.

All you need to do is count the amount of U.S. military bases circling Russia and the amount of Russian ones circling the U.S. It's NATO who are the aggressors or are at least as guilty as Russia.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 6:00pm
Building a lead shelter in my garden as we speak
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 6:05pm
https://twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/895325298173947904

Sounds promising. 
Stock up on the tinned beans and tuna.
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

https://twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/895325298173947904

Sounds promising. 
Stock up on the tinned beans and tuna.

Ugh don't like tuna. Would rather eat the flesh off the zombies.

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 7:13pm
Have me Iodine tablets since 2002, which I think means I'm OK. 

What do you mean, they have an expiry date ???

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 7:19pm
What odds are paddy power giving ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I bet 100 quid we'd all die and they gave me odds of 1000/1! How stupid are they!?

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 8:02pm
No need for iodine tablets or bunkers.
In the event of a nuclear war all you need to do is hide under a table.
In the 1960's the US advised it citizens to "Duck and cover".

Ps. The girl beside the poster is Mia Farrow, could also have stuck this in the "What I learned today" thread.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 8:08pm
In fairness, if you are in a tall, wide building, and get to the basement, you will be pretty well protected from the earliest fallout.

A nice bit of wind and rain and you'd generally be okay.

Hell, if London was nuked in the morning, we might be okay, because of the prevailing winds. Of course, the bigger problem is that if the North Koreans fired a missile towards London, we're close enough and their tech maybe not good enough that it could end up off course and coming in this direction.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 8:33pm
Does World War 3 take precedence over BREXIT? If they overlap Simon Coveney will be up to his eyes.
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 8:42pm
Iodine tablets?  I'm still waiting for my millennium milk bottle.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

In fairness, if you are in a tall, wide building, and get to the basement, you will be pretty well protected from the earliest fallout.

A nice bit of wind and rain and you'd generally be okay.

Hell, if London was nuked in the morning, we might be okay, because of the prevailing winds. Of course, the bigger problem is that if the North Koreans fired a missile towards London, we're close enough and their tech maybe not good enough that it could end up off course and coming in this direction.

Aw thanks SD. It means so much that you're thinking of us this side of the water
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 10:57pm
Will it be cheaper to watch this on ppv over here than in the states like the Mcgregor fight ?
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I bet 100 quid we'd all die and they gave me odds of 1000/1! How stupid are they!?

LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 12:04am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Will it be cheaper to watch this on ppv over here than in the states like the Mcgregor fight ?

No mate. Free on Sky News with Kay Burley doing commentary.

I'm hoping in an act of no surrender after being pummelled by the Americans and the South that Kim Jong Un will fire their newly developed intercontinental ballistic missile at Kay Burley 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 10:54pm
Seems we aren't too far from a doomsday scenario.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic