You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Trap concerns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by John W John W wrote:

Wes got changed straight away after the game, didn't go to the mixed zone but straight to the Players Lounge, where he met his family (whom we were sharing a table with). he stayed for an hour and left afterwards, he took photos with fans but was clearly pissed off, after he left a member of his family told me its the last time you'll see him under Trap. Time away from his family with little or no chance of playing and the feeling Trap doesn't rate him was cited as the reasons. I paid no heed to this until this story came about. Hopefully he turns up in June and this is all forgotten about.

Of course Hoolahan was pissed off when leaving. We conceded a last minute equaliser. He was hardly going to leave singing Zippa Dee Do Da!
and the prize for staing the obvious goes to....
Sponsored Links

El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

his constant belittlement of our players is infuriating, is it any wonder the team has no self belief.

the FAI need to act now, two good candidates in o'neill and mcdermott available. but they won't as they will wait until this time next year to save on wages

any excuse eh!!

Saving on wages maybe would be an argument if we were out of the running with no chance of qualifying but we are still bang in it. Fcuk me your posts (along with a few others on here) are becoming extremely boring and predictable.   

Clown

In the runningLOL?! 

They waited nearly 5 months the last time and it was to save money. 

Don't know what is so funny. Are we not still in the running? An outside chance I agree but we are far from out of it yet.

Also the same rag that reported this about Hoolohan also stated that Shane Long for example thought trap was the right man to keep in the job for this campaign.

Impossible to have a sensible argument with you as all you will do is resort to calling people clowns. Very childish stuff.

yes technically san marino can still get to the playoffs also.

Do you think based on form over the last 10 years we can go to austria and win, and also beat sweden at home. Maybe you think we can do a job on the germans also? Under the current regime we are out of it. If we cannot beat austria at home we do not deserve to go to the World Cup.

re sunday world im sure its a nothing story, not even worth mentioning tbh, my initial post was relating to his constant talking down of our players. Try makng an argument based on substance rather than spouting out childish green tinted platitudes, maybe then i will respect your opinion.

Have you looked at the table!? We are on 8 points (credit to The GerK for pointing this out to me!!) (the same as Sweden who have a game in hand and Austria) granted its an uphill task but Sweden and Austria have to play each other twice and they both also have to play Germany as do we. I wonder are the swedes saying 'if we can't beat Ireland at home we do not deserve to go to the World Cup' and the Germans saying the same about the swedes after letting a 4 goal lead slip at home!? Neither of our rivals for 2nd spot like us have hardly set the world alight in this group to date. For the record I do believe we can go to Austria and win and beat Sweden at home. Alot stranger things have happened and yes I am aware of our form over the past 10 years, 12 months, 2 weeks whatever but you can obviously read into the future and already know for a FACT our fate despite us having 5 games left. I actually pity fans like you who have no belief. The day I stop believing or start thinking we are down and out before a ball is kicked is the day I will stop going to watch Ireland play as IMO I see no point in watching your team if you think like that.

My argument is based on substance and my comments are far from childish. Maybe you should look at your own posts from time to time as you are the one who makes the childish comments and tries to abuse a poster for trying to make an argument/have an opinion.

I couldn't give two fcuks whether you respect my opinion or not, no skin off my nose.

Edited by El_nino - 02 Apr 2013 at 7:00pm
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 6:47pm
El Nino, you obviously haven't looked at the table. We are on 8 points Wink
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 6:53pm

Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Wes got changed straight away after the game, didn't go to the mixed zone but straight to the Players Lounge, where he met his family (whom we were sharing a table with). he stayed for an hour and left afterwards, he took photos with fans but was clearly pissed off, after he left a member of his family told me its the last time you'll see him under Trap. Time away from his family with little or no chance of playing and the feeling Trap doesn't rate him was cited as the reasons. I paid no heed to this until this story came about. Hopefully he turns up in June and this is all forgotten about.

Of course Hoolahan was pissed off when leaving. We conceded a last minute equaliser. He was hardly going to leave singing Zippa Dee Do Da!

and the prize for staing the obvious goes to....

Maybe at the next Hoolahan family gathering you can show Wes my post and have a good laugh about it!
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

El Nino, you obviously haven't looked at the table. We are on 8 points Wink

Fair point , my bad.

Edited now with a mention to your good self

Edited by El_nino - 02 Apr 2013 at 7:01pm
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 7:41pm

his constant belittlement of our players is infuriating, is it any wonder the team has no self belief.

the FAI need to act now, two good candidates in o'neill and mcdermott available. but they won't as they will wait until this time next year to save on wages

any excuse eh!!

Saving on wages maybe would be an argument if we were out of the running with no chance of qualifying but we are still bang in it. Fcuk me your posts (along with a few others on here) are becoming extremely boring and predictable.   

Clown

In the runningLOL?! 

They waited nearly 5 months the last time and it was to save money. 

Don't know what is so funny. Are we not still in the running? An outside chance I agree but we are far from out of it yet.

Also the same rag that reported this about Hoolohan also stated that Shane Long for example thought trap was the right man to keep in the job for this campaign.

Impossible to have a sensible argument with you as all you will do is resort to calling people clowns. Very childish stuff.

yes technically san marino can still get to the playoffs also.

Do you think based on form over the last 10 years we can go to austria and win, and also beat sweden at home. Maybe you think we can do a job on the germans also? Under the current regime we are out of it. If we cannot beat austria at home we do not deserve to go to the World Cup.

re sunday world im sure its a nothing story, not even worth mentioning tbh, my initial post was relating to his constant talking down of our players. Try makng an argument based on substance rather than spouting out childish green tinted platitudes, maybe then i will respect your opinion.

Have you looked at the table!? We are on 8 points (credit to The GerK for pointing this out to me!!) (the same as Sweden who have a game in hand and Austria) granted its an uphill task but Sweden and Austria have to play each other twice and they both also have to play Germany as do we. I wonder are the swedes saying 'if we can't beat Ireland at home we do not deserve to go to the World Cup' and the Germans saying the same about the swedes after letting a 4 goal lead slip at home!? Neither of our rivals for 2nd spot like us have hardly set the world alight in this group to date. For the record I do believe we can go to Austria and win and beat Sweden at home. Alot stranger things have happened and yes I am aware of our form over the past 10 years, 12 months, 2 weeks whatever but you can obviously read into the future and already know for a FACT our fate despite us having 5 games left. I actually pity fans like you who have no belief. The day I stop believing or start thinking we are down and out before a ball is kicked is the day I will stop going to watch Ireland play as IMO I see no point in watching your team if you think like that.

My argument is based on substance and my comments are far from childish. Maybe you should look at your own posts from time to time as you are the one who makes the childish comments and tries to abuse a poster for trying to make an argument/have an opinion.

I couldn't give two fcuks whether you respect my opinion or not, no skin off my nose.

you didn't even know how many points we had, says it all really. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 7:54pm
Great response at always Citizen
big nail View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big nail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 9:10pm
wes  has every reason to be pissed off , how does he feel when he sitting on the bench and the likes of connor sammon on the park for 90 minutes ? ridiculous carry on from our manager Angry
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 11:15pm
El nino speaking sense so citizen resorts to what can only be described as a sh*te and childish reply. Good man Thumbs UpClown
Ahh heya!
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 11:45pm

how does sadlier have a chip on his shoulder? he has been spot on to date with his analysis.

What time or articles did you expect GUFCT? Did you watch the austrian game?

Sadlier is another Curtis, who says Trap deserves another contract one minute, and then says he should be sacked the next.

He has never coached a team in his life, and his claim to fame is a few minutes playing for McCarthy years ago.

We are level with our opponents with 6 hours of football to be played in the group. Of course we are in the running at this time.
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 11:56pm
Can someone tell me what exactly Brian McDermott has achieved, for him to be touted so highly by some on here? He's had truck loads of money thrown at him over the last few years and has been exposed as a spoofer who took 4 months to pick up three points in the EPL.

Have a look at how many times they gave up the lead and conceded in the last 10-15 mins under him this season. He has done nothing to deserve Trap's job.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 1:19am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

how does sadlier have a chip on his shoulder? he has been spot on to date with his analysis.

What time or articles did you expect GUFCT? Did you watch the austrian game?

Sadlier is another Curtis, who says Trap deserves another contract one minute, and then says he should be sacked the next.

He has never coached a team in his life, and his claim to fame is a few minutes playing for McCarthy years ago.

We are level with our opponents with 6 hours of football to be played in the group. Of course we are in the running at this time.

when did he say trap deserved another contract? Can you name one point Sadlier made that proved to be wrong? Sadlier is a very good journalist and provides excellent insight into the game if you read his pieces regularly.

So unless you have managed a team you cannot express your views on football. We may as well close down the forum so. Did you ever stop to think for one minute that there is not a great conspiracy against trapattoni?

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
big nail View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big nail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 1:24am
most media , fans , and players seem to want rid of trap , thats how it seems to most people now. in my opinion its a good time for a change , a new man would have plenty of time and games before the 2 massive games in september! why wait till it goes tits up with trap when martin o neill is available now ?
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 1:57am
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 9:15am

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/success-ends-all-arguments-about-style-and-method-26793924.html

he didnt stay on that bandwagon for long LOL 

dont think he is a good journalist at all citizen , some good anecdotes from his career in his articles but not a good analyst and is coming across too biased.

see johnny giles analysis on the off the ball podcast this week , tears traps tactics to shreds, just cause i agree with richies conclusions doesnt mean i like his analysis , one trick pony imo.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 9:21am
he's not a great writer, most of Sadlier's articles follow the same pattern of a paragraph on recent event in football (bad tackle, dodgy transfer deal, player falling out with manager, etc)
several paragraphs on a similar incident when he was with Millwall, or occasionally St Pat's
and then a conclusion
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 9:22am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

he's not a great writer, most of Sadlier's articles follow the same pattern of a paragraph on recent event in football (bad tackle, dodgy transfer deal, player falling out with manager, etc)
several paragraphs on a similar incident when he was with Millwall, or occasionally St Pat's
and then a conclusion

yup , thats his formula alright.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 10:25am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/success-ends-all-arguments-about-style-and-method-26793924.html

he didnt stay on that bandwagon for long LOL 

dont think he is a good journalist at all citizen , some good anecdotes from his career in his articles but not a good analyst and is coming across too biased.

see johnny giles analysis on the off the ball podcast this week , tears traps tactics to shreds, just cause i agree with richies conclusions doesnt mean i like his analysis , one trick pony imo.

Of course he didnt. Hes not deluded like some on here who mustve been too busy singing TFOA than watching the matches in Poland and acknowledging the baffling team selections and substitutions.

Before the tournament there weren't too many that recognised that Trap needed to go (Citizen and Trapped apart) but now most people (including Sadlier) have acknowledged that he's inept and deserves to be out on his ear.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
  Share Topic