You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vienna - 10th September 2013 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 3:54pm
LOL  that was a bit mad alright!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 3:52pm
pro bashar al assad march going past the pub was fairly odd, some amount of booing they took once people copped what it was
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 9:33am
How is everyone getting from Charlie p's to the stadium does the metro go that far
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
ViennaFritz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViennaFritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 7:50am
Bit of a hint for tonight: It makes the taxi-drivers life much easier if the lads would all know where they are staying :-)
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 7:15am
Originally posted by ViennaFritz ViennaFritz wrote:

Looking forward to meeting you here, already had a fanatastic night in Charlies last night, I just have a bad feeling some will wake up with a ot-so-fantastic morning head ... Heads up lads, nothing a good cup of coffee cannot cure in Vienna ... :-)

I can imagine the sore heads fritz
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViennaFritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 7:13am
Looking forward to meeting you here, already had a fanatastic night in Charlies last night, I just have a bad feeling some will wake up with a not-so-fantastic morning head ... Heads up lads, nothing a good cup of coffee cannot cure in Vienna ... :-)

Edited by ViennaFritz - 10 Sep 2013 at 7:15am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 7:08am
Weather seems to be a lot Thumbs Upbetter today,off to the train station,see you in a few hours Vienna and Ybig!

Edited by Salzburglilly - 10 Sep 2013 at 7:08am
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 6:14pm
Enjoy Lads
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 10:10am
Seems to be no Irish in the airport. Very small in comparison to Sweden in March.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 7:43am
finishing touches for departure.
10.48am train from München changing at Salzburg for last leg to Wien.
Not as giddy as previous adventures.. but where there is hope / alcohol / friends ... ybig
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 4:07am
Just leaving Tipp now and heading for Dublin Airport for the half 7 flight to Vienna. See you all over there. ybig..
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
MariborKev View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariborKev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 10:45pm
Just in the door, been in Vienna all day.

We were on the 6.30am flight to Bratislava and came straight up.  Cracking day of weather!  City is v quiet, though Charlie P's is a wee bit out of the way for where we are staying, so we didn't head that direction today.

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 7:36pm
Don't get carried away with the heat
rain Monday and Wednesday
dry matchday but max of only 22
www.wetter.de/oesterreich/wetter-wien-18133754.html
liam_in_germany View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by ViennaFritz ViennaFritz wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Originally posted by liam_in_germany liam_in_germany wrote:

@ Salzlilly and fritz is there any where you could recommend thats pretty up in the mountains

not so far from vienna?

Schneeberg is about an hours drive from Vienna.

Yes, I would also say "Schneeberg" and "Rax" are the closest real mountains, oth are approx. 1 hour drive from Vienna, next one would maybe be "Ötscher" in 90 min - 2 hours, depending on where you start from ...

Regarding the weather: If you call this roasting, you should have been here a month ago when we struck 40° daily, for the locals this s now really nice weather, not to warm and not too cold, and its the last day today anyway, will be quite a bit cooler tomorrow ...

Thanks lads. Not sure if I'll have the time but that's really useful
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 6:57pm
Just home from local. Flyin in the morning. Buzzing for this now!
ybig
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 6:00pm
25 degrees in Vienna
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViennaFritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

@ Salzlilly and fritz is there any where you could recommend thats pretty up in the mountains not so far from vienna?

Yes, I would also say "Schneeberg" and "Rax" are the closest real mountains, oth are approx. 1 hour drive from Vienna, next one would maybe be "Ötscher" in 90 min - 2 hours, depending on where you start from ...

Regarding the weather: If you call this roasting, you should have been here a month ago when we struck 40° daily, for the locals this s now really nice weather, not to warm and not too cold, and its the last day today anyway, will be quite a bit cooler tomorrow ...

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 3:48pm

@ Salzlilly and fritz is there any where you could recommend thats pretty up in the mountains not so far from vienna?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
  Share Topic