You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Off The Ball team leave Newstalk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

They come as a package as they all went to college together and that is why the chemistry on the show was so good. 

Mc Devitt is excellent and has a huge career ahead of him in my view.  Early is a very good journalist but not a great commentator. 

The biggest lost to newstalk will be the producer Mark Horgan who is Shane Horgans (the rugby)  brother.

They must be going to RTE or possibly the BBC

Yeah,Newstalk have really messed up here.The best radio show ive ever heard (sports or otherwise)

All my mates abroad listen on the pod cast or live for a taste of home,good craic and the sport.

Big shame.
Funsize Crouchy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by deisedevil deisedevil wrote:

unless they have another deal lined up to start in the next few weeks this is bad business by the presenters,
i would imagine they will end up back on newstalk if a deal has not been done with RTE already, i really dont see it at RTE though 4 lads arriving in to an already bulging sports department, but we will see i suppose,

defo the best radio show available  for the last few years and had a huge amount of non sports fans as listeners.

a fella who knows things did also suggest that there is the posibiltiy of a new Sports only radio station being lauched, think some head john at newstalk who left a few months back is setting is up!!!

They won't be on anything for about 3 months. Happens all the time when radio presenters move to a new station. Colm and Jim Jim were off for a good while between fm104 and 2fm. Ray Foley was the same moving between today and 98.

Can't see them going to 2fm either. New show has only been on 3 weks after moving it from a half hour slot to an hour from radio 1 to 2fm and as has been pointed out already Rte has a buldging sports dept without adding another 4 people.

I'd say Today fm want them to go up against game on or Sunday sport.
deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Funsize Crouchy Funsize Crouchy wrote:

unless they have another deal lined up to start in the next few weeks this is bad business by the presenters,
i would imagine they will end up back on newstalk if a deal has not been done with RTE already, i really dont see it at RTE though 4 lads arriving in to an already bulging sports department, but we will see i suppose,

defo the best radio show available  for the last few years and had a huge amount of non sports fans as listeners.

a fella who knows things did also suggest that there is the posibiltiy of a new Sports only radio station being lauched, think some head john at newstalk who left a few months back is setting is up!!!

They won't be on anything for about 3 months. Happens all the time when radio presenters move to a new station. Colm and Jim Jim were off for a good while between fm104 and 2fm. Ray Foley was the same moving between today and 98.

Can't see them going to 2fm either. New show has only been on 3 weks after moving it from a half hour slot to an hour from radio 1 to 2fm and as has been pointed out already Rte has a buldging sports dept without adding another 4 people.

Today fm and Newstalk are all the same.
nice did dig by Gilroy are the start of tonights show !!!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 7:06pm
I did not read that as a dig I must say. He gave them loads of compliments.
AKA pedantic kunt
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 7:07pm
The Show Must Go On apparently
Funsize Crouchy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 7:11pm

Originally posted by Funsize Crouchy Funsize Crouchy wrote:

Today fm and Newstalk are all the same.

nice did dig by Gilroy are the start of tonights show !!!

Not quite. Same owner but different dg's. And I think its an NUJ thing about being off air.

Happened Foley on his move and today and 98 are the same group along with newstalk
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 7:11pm

before the news, the intro
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 7:14pm
What did he say.
AKA pedantic kunt
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 7:14pm

before the news, the intro

What he say?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 7:18pm

What did he say.

"Sport can be cruel, you dont always see whats coming, you cant pick when it ends...............we will talk to keith wood about ronan o gara"
bis en die View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bis en die Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 7:19pm
In effect they're on gardening leave as they gave eight weeks notice but NT told them to go immediately so not going anywhere. Rumour has it they were being represented by a sports management agency who were negotiating on their behalf and went too far
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 7:20pm
An Off the Ball incident occured!Shocked
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 7:20pm
Reckon Deise is going to be a happy man.  Much more golf on the show now :)

Edited by Baldrick - 04 Mar 2013 at 7:20pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 7:20pm
Just talking to my RTE insider - nothing to do with them. They are as shocked as the rest of us.
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 7:21pm
wonder if the lads will make a statement or clarify their position
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 7:26pm
Should also be remembered that Ger Gilroy was the original presenter and person behind Off the Ball. He is also the Sports Editor at Newstalk so was in fact their boss.  
AKA pedantic kunt
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 7:29pm
It looks like they've been shafted anyway.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 7:32pm
Will all come out in the wash shortly. All very strange. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic