You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Off The Ball team leave Newstalk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 7:00pm
I haven't missed them, there's something about the OTB5 status and their beloved "product"that hasn't endeared them to me since they left. There's still plenty of people who do idolise them, wonder will they take to the new format

I wasn't listening to the programme much as I had been in the past but I still think its good without them.
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 6:38pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 7:07pm
Nova wouldn't be the worst of choices even though it is a Dublin Only Station. Wouldn't be surprised if Nova look to go National in the next few years
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 6:49pm
4fm or nova are the rumored destinations 
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/radio-beancounters-switched-off-to-diamond-in-their-midst-29120496.html

Surprised this got the go ahead  to be published.
read that alright, sure he is good mates with them, a pointless article by all accounts

Not sure, the spin against them had started in many papers so it was no harm to have a bit of balance in that regard, i was just suprised that it came from the Indo.  Although maybe the author of the article is more in the camp of the people who formerly had control of the indo. 

Being the recently deceased former editor's son, I reckon you could be right........

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/radio-beancounters-switched-off-to-diamond-in-their-midst-29120496.html

read that alright, sure he is good mates with them, a pointless article by all accounts

Not sure, the spin against them had started in many papers so it was no harm to have a bit of balance in that regard, i was just suprised that it came from the Indo.  Although maybe the author of the article is more in the camp of the people who formerly had control of the indo. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 3:52pm

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 3:12pm
Well it will be 11 weeks before McDevitt is back anywhere aand at least 3 weeks before the rest of them
AKA pedantic kunt
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 2:39pm
According to Twitter they will be back soon but thy cant say where..
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 12:48pm
Its funny overly complimentary pieces seem to offend people more nowadays than overly critical pieces. We live in a world now where the critic means to knock rather than to compliment and this is in all walks of life from friends to media.  The natural position seems to knock people and giving people compliments seems a rather unnatural position for many people. 
AKA pedantic kunt
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 12:44pm
I read that. I'm distraught the old format is off the airwaves, but that's just embarrassing. Embarrassed
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 12:15pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

and most media reports on this issue are coming from media organs owned by the company that Denis O Brien is the owner of. 

exactly , i reckon the phoenix probably has an anti obrioen agenda but at the same time the normally print the truth other papers wont...

this would deffo rule the lads out of getting a slot on any other of obriens stations....

O'brien was in the final meeting (allegedlyWink)
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 1:47pm
The show is different now. It does not have the irreverent look to sport that the they went for. The tone of the show has changed to a more straight batted sports show which although not taking sport deadly seriously is much more standard procedure.  I liked the fact that there was a decent amount of LOI coverage this week, but this is purely a personal thing.  It may not continue either as it could have been just because the league was starting this week.  In addition we do not know if the same presenter and production team are going to be kept on this week or will they revert back to their sat sunday shows as it is not sustainable for them to do 7 days a week. 

The things that set off the ball apart from anything was the fact that the four lads went to college together and knew each others opinions and humour very well.  The touches like 2nd captains, administrator of the week etc are unlikely to happen now. 
AKA pedantic kunt
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 12:57pm

He is what made the show original and unique.

how do you know that ? and if this is the case why do you insist that the show is better now that they are all gone ?

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

I cant see the 5 of them ending up together no matter where they go. Maybe a couple will, i.e. McDevitt and Early but I wouldnt be overly surprised if they all went their separate ways.

Early could pursue a career with a daily newspaper. I know he already has a couple of columns with the IE but its more of an opinion piece AFAIK. McDevitt has plenty of potential to become a tv or radio broadcaster. Possibly TV3 CL and EL coverage would strike me as somewhere he'd be suited.
Luis Figo lookalike Tommy Martin has that gig sewn up. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

I cant see the 5 of them ending up together no matter where they go. Maybe a couple will, i.e. McDevitt and Early but I wouldnt be overly surprised if they all went their separate ways.

Early could pursue a career with a daily newspaper. I know he already has a couple of columns with the IE but its more of an opinion piece AFAIK. McDevitt has plenty of potential to become a tv or radio broadcaster. Possibly TV3 CL and EL coverage would strike me as somewhere he'd be suited.

I think Horgan is the guy who has the biggest future in broadcasting to be honest.  He is what made the show original and unique.
AKA pedantic kunt
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 10:27am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic