You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Off The Ball team leave Newstalk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Off The Ball team leave Newstalk
    Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Anyone agree with ken Early's views on singing the national anthem. That he would not sing a silly little song.
amhrain na bhfiann ?
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 11:54pm
Anyone agree with ken Early's views on singing the national anthem. That he would not sing a silly little song.
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Off The Ball figures up 4k since they left last March

I listen a lot of evenings but their knowledge is nowhere near that of Three Captains for football. Surprised at that TBH

Well within the margin of error so its an irrelevant stat

Edited by Baldrick - 31 Jan 2014 at 12:30pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

second captains are running ads now for KBC and have announced another few RTE shows, they must be making a few quid at last , the irish times couldnt have been paying them much.

OTB gets some good guests but the second captains podcast seems a better show on the whole , am stunned some radio station didnt take a chance on them and put them up against OTB

Not many places will take a risk in employing 5 people for z show. When pat Kenny left rte he did not bring his team with him. The second captains lads seem to come as a 5 man team. That's a big overhead to start with.

OTB is good but it has too much GAA knowledge in comparison to its football knowledge.

Gilroy is GAA with an interest in football

Molloy is golf with a good interest in football

And theb the two other lads are ex gaa stars who have a barstool interest on football,

I would not beat them up about it because the job of the presenter is not to be the sage but to get the info out of their guests head and to get good guests.

Pat nevin
Giles
Tim vickery
Marcotti
Andy mitten are all good contributors and then for the football show they have Emmet Malone or Daniel mc Donnell in studio for the football show. I think it works well and as listeners we have both shows to listen to,
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 10:20am
How's the gimp from Wexford/Wicklow ?
Poxy accent and he does my head in
Focking brutal he is
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 10:16am
Hard to believe that. OTB has been wank since they left
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 9:52am
second captains are running ads now for KBC and have announced another few RTE shows, they must be making a few quid at last , the irish times couldnt have been paying them much.

OTB gets some good guests but the second captains podcast seems a better show on the whole , am stunned some radio station didnt take a chance on them and put them up against OTB

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 9:20am
the new lads are shocking, very limited knowledge, especially relating to football. they were talking about irelands euro 2012 qualification a few months ago and they couldnt even remember who was in the groupErmm
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 8:31am
Off The Ball figures up 4k since they left last March

I listen a lot of evenings but their knowledge is nowhere near that of Three Captains for football. Surprised at that TBH
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Dan McDonnell stepping into the Ken Early role it would seem on the football show every night. Thought the football show had gone to sh*te since Second Captains left TBH. Should be an improvement. He has a deep enough football knowledge. Dont know if it will mean a bit more LOI coverage.

EDIT: Not an Early role. More of a side analyst

Better than having Parkinson at it anyway thank god.  Earley knew his stuff but talked a load of sh1te about random stuff as well which always helped in passing the hour. 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 9:15pm
Dan McDonnell stepping into the Ken Early role it would seem on the football show every night. Thought the football show had gone to sh*te since Second Captains left TBH. Should be an improvement. He has a deep enough football knowledge. Dont know if it will mean a bit more LOI coverage.

EDIT: Not an Early role. More of a side analyst

Edited by Kerrzy - 19 Aug 2013 at 9:20pm
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 12:01am
Browne to Early "ferguson threw a hairdyer I think at David Beckham, is that right?"
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 11:28pm
Ken Early doing the paper preview on Vinny Browne.
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:18pm
Jaysus u would imagine its in their interest to get behind their new product and at least make it user friendly. The guardian have a good set up in fairness.

Edited by Andkend - 09 May 2013 at 7:20am
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

where exactly can u access their podcast and when exactly does it start?
If only they'd give us a clue...

i was on the site and read the article but it just says - tuesdays @ irishtimes.com - nothing more -

I read on the forum that the paper is rubbish at promoting podcasts -

some details would be handy.

Tongue

Irish Times are brutal at the online side of things.
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

www.irishtimes.com

This month

i was on the site and read the article but it just says - tuesdays @ irishtimes.com - nothing more -

I read on the forum that the paper is rubbish at promoting podcasts -

some details would be handy.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 6:55pm

www.irishtimes.com

This month
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 5:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic