You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Only Fools And Horses Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 58>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocky Wilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by Jocky Wilson Jocky Wilson wrote:

I never understood the 50pence bet. Del gives Rodney a fifty pound note to buy the bet.

When Rodney said the bet was for 50, Del presumed it was 50 pounds only to then realise when Rodney paid up how much of a mickey-mouse scale Rodney and co were betting on. Even Rodney admitted as much when he said 'oh, I bet I know what you thought...'

Was a bit strange though for grown men to be betting that sort of small amount of money.

At the end Rodney surprisingly says 'I bet I know what you thought', he never thought of this when givern fifty pounds hmmmm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 8:04pm
In to Hull and Back another major flaw:

Young Terry and the cops know that Slater aka citizen is up to no good with a diamond smugglign operation.  Yet when Del Boy and Boycie and Abdul are nabbed at the end Young Terry (wearing a sombrero no less) stops them escaping from the Nags Head.  The cops knew Slater had takent he diamonds for himself as they had set him up yet why were Del and the rest not arrested themselves for diamond smuggling!  Even though Slater has the diamonds Del had illegally smuggled them in and so should have been arrested and put away regardless. 

The script is that Slater couldn't find evidence on them and so couldn't be charged and thats how it plays out yet the cops knew Del and the rest had smuggled them in and Slater was then caught in possession of the diamonds yet no questions or repercussions about how he got them!

Sullivan was a chancer like Del Boy!
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 8:11pm
Also Boycie and Abdul know that Slater knows about them smuggling  the diamonds yet still proceed with the deal. ''We cant pull out now the arrangements have been made''.  What a load of tosh.  They could easily call off the deal or postpone it.  England's dumbest criminals!

Also how thick were they to meet in the Nags Head in broad daylight upon Del's return??  Makes no sense as earlier in the episode they avoid meeting there because they know the cops will be watching out there for them.

Dear oh dear!

Edited by Trap junior - 12 Dec 2017 at 8:12pm

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 9:11pm
Watching it on +1 now ahoy there shipmate
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Also Boycie and Abdul know that Slater knows about them smuggling  the diamonds yet still proceed with the deal. ''We cant pull out now the arrangements have been made''.  What a load of tosh.  They could easily call off the deal or postpone it.  England's dumbest criminals!

Also how thick were they to meet in the Nags Head in broad daylight upon Del's return??  Makes no sense as earlier in the episode they avoid meeting there because they know the cops will be watching out there for them.

Dear oh dear!
Are you sure they met in the Nags Head at the end? I thought it was in Boycie's office.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Dear oh dear!
Are you sure they met in the Nags Head at the end? I thought it was in Boycie's office.

Defo Nags HEad

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 9:55am

Dear oh dear!

Del also refers to Boycie and Abdul as two of his best mates. Ok, yeah Boycie for all his slimeball carry on still qualifies but Abdul??

Robbed a living Sullivan! 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 11:12am
McG, does Abdul feature in any other episode? I think not but I bow to your expertise.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 11:16am
To Hull and Back only afaik! 

Dels best mate eh?
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 11:18am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

To Hull and Back only afaik! 

Dels best mate eh?

Robbed a living

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 12:11pm
Has Monkey Harris, Paddy the Greek or Sunglasses Ron ever appeared in an episode?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 12:32pm

Has Monkey Harris, Paddy the Greek or Sunglasses Ron ever appeared in an episode?

Never. All unseen characters. Monkey Harris Clap
AS YOU WERE McGx

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Never. All unseen characters. Monkey Harris Clap
Played left back.

Del - "We'd Denzil in goal, Monkey Harris left back, we had.......camaraderie"
Trigger - "Was that the Italian boy ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 12:42pm

McG, does Abdul feature in any other episode? I think not but I bow to your expertise.
Mentioned in 'Video Nasty' ;

"Del Boy and Albert also enter and tell everyone that they've been borrowing hay bales from a private zoo run by Abdul's cousin's girlfriend's brother's friend, as well as been to see Monkey Harris's sister's husband's first wife's stepfather, who works for an animal food company."
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 6:00pm
That Heather one that Del meets is a right coont.  

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 8:12pm
More flaws:

In Time On Our Hands Racquel gets up at 6.30am and is fretting over her parents coming to dinner. Cassandra phones the flat a minute later saying Rodney came in late last night which Del relays to Racquel.  She says ''I know. You were with him.''

Then they come up with a plan to make Rodney forget about his miscarriage. So Del acts sick. Rodney comes into the flat (at 6.30am) stone cold sober and they tell him Del is sick and they had to call the doctor last night.

But Del was out with Rodney until 3 or 4am. 

ROBBED A LIVING!

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 8:28pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 6:24pm
In “time on our hands” James decides to leave his car for the night so he can enjoy another glass of wine. Del offers to put it in their garage overnight.

Switch to the next morning. Del pops out of James’s car (assuming he reversed it out of their garage).... the area of space in the garage with the added clutter would no way allow for the size of what looks like a Ford Scorpio to be parked up safely.

What a crock of sh*te.
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 58>
  Share Topic