You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Only Fools And Horses Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 58>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 9:49pm
In “Little Problems”, Del, Trigger, Jevon and Mickey hide upstairs in the pubs function/snooker room behind the curtain.

The Driscoll brothers come in and Tony, upon instruction from Danny, picks up a snooker cue to poke the curtain.

We all know what becomes of this scene but what interests me is that there is not one snooker or pool table to be seen in the room. There may have been a function on or maybe they were out to get new cloth but again, I just feel this is a very obvious flaw in Sullivan’s show.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 9:50pm
Top top knowledgeClap

Although you may be wrong on Rodney and Cassandra.  The miscarriage was the Christmas special 1996.  The 2nd of the 3 episodes aired that Christmas.  The 3rd beign Time on Our Hands where they make 6m. 

I may be wrong but I think Rodney and Cassandra were getting along fine even before the miscarriage.  Somewhere int he murky period 1993-1996.    Did they make episodes in 1994/5? 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

In “Little Problems”, Del, Trigger, Jevon and Mickey hide upstairs in the pubs function/snooker room behind the curtain.

The Driscoll brothers come in and Tony, upon instruction from Danny, picks up a snooker cue to poke the curtain.

We all know what becomes of this scene but what interests me is that there is not one snooker or pool table to be seen in the room. There may have been a function on or maybe they were out to get new cloth but again, I just feel this is a very obvious flaw in Sullivan’s show.

Also they stand right behind the curtain when you can clearly see yards of free space behind them.

Also, earlier in the episode someone makes a joke about the Driscoll Brothers being after Del. Del thinks he is serious then realises its a joke.  However a few mins later he seems shocked when Jevon and Mickey tell him that they sold the phones to the Driscoll Brothers. ''You aint been dealing wiv the Driscoll Bruvas ave you??!''   Then they tell him the Driscoll Brothers are after him and he says ''I know. I have had a warning.'' 
Not sure if that makes sense.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Top top knowledgeClap

Although you may be wrong on Rodney and Cassandra.  The miscarriage was the Christmas special 1996.  The 2nd of the 3 episodes aired that Christmas.  The 3rd beign Time on Our Hands where they make 6m. 

I may be wrong but I think Rodney and Cassandra were getting along fine even before the miscarriage.  Somewhere int he murky period 1993-1996.    Did they make episodes in 1994/5? 

Regular episodes finished up in ‘93. Fatal Extraction S7 E10 then specials only and I think you are correct -first wan in 96.

Also in Little Problems after Rodney’s Stag. Why didn’t he just pull off he L plate stuck to his jocks instead of walking all the way home like that?

Edited by McG - 01 Oct 2017 at 10:00pm
AS YOU WERE McGx

The Jackal View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 10:25pm
In to Hull and Back, where's the back room? The door they head towards is the pub entrance.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by The Jackal The Jackal wrote:

In to Hull and Back, where's the back room? The door they head towards is the pub entrance.

Yes there are numerous flaws with the pub.  The carpark and entrance changes as does the layout and interior of the pub.  I presume you are referring to the scene where Slater catches them in the pub with the diamonds?  That looks nothing like the Nags Head. 

Also why was Slater sitting int he back seat afterwards as young Terry drives him back towards the police station?  Why wasn't he in the passenger seat?  

I think at this stage we have sussed Sullivan out as a fraudster

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 10:40pm
Also in To Hull and Back:

Why do they meet at the Nages Head when Del Boy comes back with the diamonds?

Makes no sense as earlier in the episode its revealed that Del, Boycie and Abdul know that Slater is onto them and monitoring them.  That's why they decide to meet in Denzils lorry and not the pub as was suggested by Del while ont he phone to Boycie.  So why be so stupid to meet in the place that they earlier agreed would be watched by the cops??

Sullivan you plonker!

Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 10:41pm
When did they go from the two armchairs in the flat to the sofa?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 10:47pm

When did they go from the two armchairs in the flat to the sofa?

I read  that Sullivan was extremely lazy and wanted to lie down on the set while writing his flawed scripts for future episodes and so demanded the 2 seats were replaced by a couch.  I suppose this little thing showed a window into his character and tells us why there are so many plot holes and errors.  If he was that lazy when writing he was too lazy to make sure he had no plot holes.

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 11:32pm
In Modern Man and they are in the Nags Head. Just after Del gets the round of drink with the i can make you turn your hands over bit to get a farcical amount of drink for a fiver, he returns to seat and orders another round. Up goes Rodney and seconds later del shouts for another round. A minute later Mike shouts down to collect the round which is clearly about 10-12 glasses of wine... Boycie sends Rodney up to the bar and when he gets there suddenly its a tray full of cocktails and gin and tonics.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 11:48pm

Also why was Slater sitting int he back seat afterwards as young Terry drives him back towards the police station?  Why wasn't he in the passenger seat?  

Because to quote Slater 'Hoskins is my driver'. He's never referred to as his partner
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Because to quote Slater 'Hoskins is my driver'. He's never referred to as his partner

Yes but why is Slater in the back seat as opposed to the passenger seat?

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 12:03am

Because he's a flash fcuker trying to look the business
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 12:15am

Because he's a flash fcuker trying to look the business

No no no no no. That answer won't do.  That won't do at all.  Disapprove

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 8:50am
Trigger's real name in the series is Colin Ball. Pub trivia gold.
AS YOU WERE McGx

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 1:29pm
Apparently Lennard Pearce, who played Grandad, had a chance to kill Adolf Hitler in the 1930's...Shocked

Edited by ConorMac77 - 02 Oct 2017 at 1:29pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 7:05pm
How has Del never been done for drink driving?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 7:22pm
In Go West Young Man Del takes away the gay barmans tip after he says ''the barman wants to know if you want condensed (or powdered cant remember) milk with his drink.  Whats that about?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 58>
  Share Topic