You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA football league 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 34>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

He's some keeper for 18 Shocked  (the Down lad that is), same as yer lad Gough only 19 I think

But yer right, my only complaint from the night was that incident, well and truely beaten am afraid, reckon we'll get 6 defeats and our usual 2 points from Mayo and that will be that for the league this year DeadCryAngry

LOLLOL

Will ya be lumping the life savings on that Philly? Go for it Id say. Its a guaranteed two points as ya say LOL

By the way any decent cheapish places to stay in Newry? The only places that come up on booking.com is the Canal Court and places in Armagh and Dundalk

Try the Downshire Hotel in Banbridge, only up the road and they love Fenians
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 10:56pm
The Downshire? Sounds like a fenian loving kind of place alright
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 11:07pm
Wouldnt be too sure Walls (I live bout 35miles from newry), Newryrep would be your best bet for b&b's in the area but yeah Canal Court only hotel in the area i know off though was at this young wan last summer/autumn from Newry who lived just up from the ground who once phoned me and claimed she was staying in a hotel just outside newry but it had me baffled where she was or why she was there(I generally didnt listen to her b/s unless it involved......... WinkBig smile)  but being the dirty bit she was she was probably getting f....d stupidLOLLOLLOL

Should really have kept her number even though she was proper mental LOL
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 11:10pm
She sounds lovely LOL
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 11:17pm
Here, I have heard of quite a few from there that are like that, I just happened to find one LOL

Could have a whole new thread about the stories I have heard from lads from newry about some of the ladies who inhabit there and went to school with them LOL But given there is a few newry lads on here I wont as it could well be a relation of theirs LOL (know the burd I was on about may know one lad on here as her sister added me on f/b at the time and was able to trace back to 1 lad off here through friends ShockedLOL)

But pm NewryRep about b&b's as there is a few about the city I think, if you's are up i'll try an organise a lift(usually drive up and back) and hit the town with ya's Thumbs Up
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 11:30pm
Sounds like a great spot LOL

Nice one Ill drop one of the Newry lads a PM so. Ill give ya a shout nearer the time Thumbs Up
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 11:37pm

He's some keeper for 18 Shocked  (the Down lad that is), same as yer lad Gough only 19 I think

But yer right, my only complaint from the night was that incident, well and truely beaten am afraid, reckon we'll get 6 defeats and our usual 2 points from Mayo and that will be that for the league this year DeadCryAngry

Mallon any use Philly?
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 11:48pm
Not a fan from what have seen Vidic, he's from Rostrevor Fans neck of the woods LOL (they're friendly neighbours LOL)

He plays his football outside the top division in the County and while I applaud McCartan for actually looking outside div 1 from what have seen of Mallon, albeit only 3 games now he wont be making many headlines unfortunately Unhappy But then he's been played in the half back line on paper as we simply dont appear to have one at the minute so this could be a foreign position for him for all I know as outside the top div wouldnt profess to know much outside of my local 3 or 4 clubs Thumbs Up
shoggy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

LOLLOL

Will ya be lumping the life savings on that Philly? Go for it Id say. Its a guaranteed two points as ya say LOL

By the way any decent cheapish places to stay in Newry? The only places that come up on booking.com is the Canal Court and places in Armagh and Dundalk

Try the Francis Court Hotel they usually have good enough deals but can't book online you'll have to phone them, right in the centre of town as well.  Apart from that the only place is Canal Court or maybe the Whistledown in Warrenpoint less than 10 mins drive from Newry.
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:04am
Cheers Shoggy Thumbs Up
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:10am
Just gonna do return train to Newry from Dublin. Game is at 7 train is at 3 mins past 9. Is the pitch far from the station?
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:18am
It is a bit Mark, and the traffic heading towards it from the ground could be slow moving depending on the crowd, again a newry person would be your best bet to judge it but could envisage you having to leave 5 or 10mins before final whistle to make sure you make it Ouch

Edit : should say I would be heading in the opposite direction home and takes me a good 20-30mins to get out of newry and the road home for me is closer than the train station

Edited by PhilliyK - 10 Feb 2013 at 12:20am
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:21am
Balls well that's that out the window
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:26am
Only chance I would say is to have a taxi waiting somewhere on the dublin road for you( a good 5 min walk) as it would be missing out on the traffic coming from the ground but it would all depend on the crowd as some games it has taken me ages to get out and others only 10 mins and a league game wouldnt get that much I would think
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:31am
Nah feck it, wouldn't be able to enjoy the match if it would be that tight! I'll find another way
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 2:26am

Not a fan from what have seen Vidic, he's from Rostrevor Fans neck of the woods LOL (they're friendly neighbours LOL)

He plays his football outside the top division in the County and while I applaud McCartan for actually looking outside div 1 from what have seen of Mallon, albeit only 3 games now he wont be making many headlines unfortunately Unhappy But then he's been played in the half back line on paper as we simply dont appear to have one at the minute so this could be a foreign position for him for all I know as outside the top div wouldnt profess to know much outside of my local 3 or 4 clubs Thumbs Up

Vidic I know his father very well - like joe brolly a very well known barrister and a big Republic Supporter never used to miss a game - his son was a great player at underage level but in my humble opinion it went to his head - you could see earlier in the game v donegal when he had acres of space and more experienced boys to pass to he went for the spectacular point himself - Down football is steadily going backwards under wee James - His brother is one of the worst county footballers i have ever watched - he wouldnt even get on a div 1 Down league team not alone the county - we are certs for relegation 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Rostrevor Fan Rostrevor Fan wrote:

Vidic I know his father very well - like joe brolly a very well known barrister and a big Republic Supporter never used to miss a game - his son was a great player at underage level but in my humble opinion it went to his head - you could see earlier in the game v donegal when he had acres of space and more experienced boys to pass to he went for the spectacular point himself - Down football is steadily going backwards under wee James - His brother is one of the worst county footballers i have ever watched - he wouldnt even get on a div 1 Down league team not alone the county - we are certs for relegation 

cheers for that lads, used to hang around in same circles at UCD and saw on FB yesterday he was playing these days so was wondering what the story was there, he's spot on though, top lad, hope he makes it.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 3:43am
dublin team stayed in hotel i work in tonight before they play kerry tomorrow few sound lads to be fair and i hope they beat the kerry boys Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 34>
  Share Topic