You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aviva Vs Croke Park

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Im with Sausy on this one. Boozers around Croker are quality and good selection. We start from Smyth's in Fairview, there's also Gaffney's, Meaghars and Clonliffe House if you are coming up from Fairview, with Fairview Park for cans if the weather is good. Then Jury's, Big Tree, Fagans, Cat and Cage, Quinn's on the other side. 

The new Lansdowne just isnt intimidating enough. I far preferred the old run down stadium. It was a dump, but it was our dump that had character

+1

Think many of here agree on that. Still prefer the new LR over Croker too. Pubwise it's all the same for me, as long as it's not in cups I'm easy. 
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Well Croker is full twice a year when all the 'volunteers' of the Gah scalp their tickets, so I will have to take your word for it.

It depends on what you call atmosphere. Some middle aged farmers with string on their hats shouting racial abuse at the referee isn't to me an atmosphere. The cup final between Rovers and Sligo was.

The Irish fans haven't given the place a proper baptism wheres the LoI and rugby fans have. That says more about them then the stadium.

Copyright GD.

Come on Ritd,

With some extra training you could really push on
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Which race do they insult?
Do Cavan people have their own race?

Didn't I not read about a load of racist abuse dished out recently in the Gah who tried to suppress it, but the players in question aren't playing ball?

Either way, it is a hive of thuggery, villany and hate. And not in a good way.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:26pm

oh right, thought you meant specifically abuse toward the ref.

bit odd as a soccer fan that your criticising the gah for having racism problems

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 13 Feb 2013 at 5:27pm
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:27pm

Didn't I not read about a load of racist abuse dished out recently in the Gah who tried to suppress it, but the players in question aren't playing ball?

Don't forget your obligatory child sex abuse references as well,

That's it,keep going,you'll get there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntG50eXbBtc
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

[Don't forget your obligatory child sex abuse references as well,

To be fair, the ongoing child abuse allegations emerging from within the Gah are all at club level and have nothing to do with Croke Park relative to the New Landsdowne Road.

Surprised and disappointed you brough it up though, its a low blow.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:31pm

oh right, thought you meant specifically abuse toward the ref.

bit odd as a soccer fan that your criticising the gah for having racism problems

Well football is a global game played and watched by billions. Stickswinging and bogballing are a minority sport in Ireland. Globally you will get more flutes. Thankfully football in Ireland has integrated the new Irish and immigrants very well and racism is not an issue. Pity the same can't be said about the agri sports.

Another advantage to Croker  - you can do ANYTHING in the place and the law or stewards won't intervene. From snorting coke in the open to attacking referees, anything goes. They tend to enforce the law of the land at football these days.
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:39pm

Says yer man who's club pays Jason McGuinness and payed Chris Turner. 
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:41pm

[Don't forget your obligatory child sex abuse references as well,

To be fair, the ongoing child abuse allegations emerging from within the Gah are all at club level and have nothing to do with Croke Park relative to the New Landsdowne Road.

Surprised and disappointed you brough it up though, its a low blow.

'Surprised and disappointed you brough it up',jaysus....

You bring it up in most of your anti GAA posts.You don't have to look far,is it a low blow then or just when i mentioned you failed to bring it up on this one?

'Globally you will get more flutes'
Nope I'd think the ratio will be fairly healthy with the likes of you around.

Edited by kimbap - 13 Feb 2013 at 5:43pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:47pm

Chris Turner was acquitted of any racial abuse, careful now.

As for McGuinness, isn't the point that he was dealt with immediately and severely. End of. The difference is the lack of reaction from the GAA. They don't do rules.
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:50pm

Chris Turner was acquitted of any racial abuse, careful now.

As for McGuinness, isn't the point that he was dealt with immediately and severely. End of. The difference is the lack of reaction from the GAA. They don't do rules.

I was leaning more to Turner's sectarianism. But sure lets leave it at that, I don't like to veer away from the thread title
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:54pm

You bring it up in most of your anti GAA posts.You don't have to look far,is it a low blow then or just when i mentioned you failed to bring it up on this one?

The GAA have an issue with paedophilia. I don't see why you thought it relevent to bring it up here and now, but I suppose we should try and face it down wherever we see it.

What this has to do with my opinion that both stadia are fine grounds with a preference for the Aviva is anyones guess.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:56pm

I was leaning more to Turner's sectarianism. But sure lets leave it at that, I don't like to veer away from the thread title

Wow, that is going back a long way to prove a pointless point. Youngfella from a Loyalist area gets in a scrape, moves away, broadens horizons and stays out of trouble.

And shure the Gah have no history of what could be accused as sectarianism.
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:58pm
And what has any this got do with thread.

Roverstillidie surely be number one now, for most sh*ted talked on this.

Edited by theheff1989 - 13 Feb 2013 at 5:59pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

And what has any this got do with thread. 

Because for a huge number of the football family, especially over a certain age,  Croke Park had very negative symbolism in terms of the all out war the GAA waged on football and rugby. It could be the best stadium in the world and people would hate what it stood for and to an extent still does.

Remember a tax on football and rugby tickets that was a direct subsidy to the GAA went a large wat to pay for the place being built initially. Then we had football paying way over the odds to be badly treated by the GAA in the middle of the disgrace that was the failed Thomas Davis debacle.

People in football are entitled to dislike them if they wish.
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 6:24pm

The GAA have an issue with paedophilia. I don't see why you thought it relevent to bring it up here and now, but I suppose we should try and face it down wherever we see it.

What this has to do with my opinion that both stadia are fine grounds with a preference for the Aviva is anyones guess.

Same way as its anyone's guess you bring racism into a debate on stadia.

Same way you brought ' it is a hive of thuggery, villany and hate" into said debate.

Same way you have brought child abuse into GAA bashing on numerous occasions (its all there for anyone to see so don't deny it or give me the low blow bullsh1te) You're an embarrassment .

I'd say that poor auld monkey in your avatar takes awful flak off the other apes because he's associated with you through no fault of his own,poor fellaLOL
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 6:36pm

Well Croker is full twice a year when all the 'volunteers' of the Gah scalp their tickets, so I will have to take your word for it.

It depends on what you call atmosphere. Some middle aged farmers with string on their hats shouting racial abuse at the referee isn't to me an atmosphere. The cup final between Rovers and Sligo was.

The Irish fans haven't given the place a proper baptism wheres the LoI and rugby fans have. That says more about them then the stadium.

Copyright GD.

Come on Ritd,

With some extra training you could really push on
If i was computer literate i would fasttrack him to the top Geek
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 8:16pm
Look never bought into the Northside Southside debate but the pubs around Croke park were poo holes really . I remember been taken to this Pub in the middle of an estate not far from the back of the canal end , and I must say I felt so uneasy to be an Irish fan stood at the bar in Dublin .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
  Share Topic