You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aviva Vs Croke Park

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by deisedevil deisedevil wrote:

must say the premium and corporate facilities at the Aviva are the best iv have seen and are a credit to the FAI

I haven't been in the corporate in Lansdowne but I though the premium was shocking compared to Croker, basically just another concrete tier and even plastic cups for beer. The premium in Croker is like a hotel, leather couches everywhere, paintings, carvery's and most importantly, proper pint glasses.

Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
passionbeyondreason View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passionbeyondreason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 1:55pm
both stadiums look 3 quarters of a super stadium then the other quarter looks like tallaght stadium real shame as lansdowne was the before the people if they dont like it they know what to do
The nation holds it breath..
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

must say the premium and corporate facilities at the Aviva are the best iv have seen and are a credit to the FAI

I haven't been in the corporate in Lansdowne but I though the premium was shocking compared to Croker, basically just another concrete tier and even plastic cups for beer. The premium in Croker is like a hotel, leather couches everywhere, paintings, carvery's and most importantly, proper pint glasses.

I've been in the "10 year tickets" sections of both and Croker is much much nicer, as saucy says much more like a "upmarket" section of the ground rather than just another level of the ground.

Never been in Corporate boxes in either.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 3:10pm
Wait..... the pints in the premium in LR are glass, no? They were for the FAI cup final, iirc.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Wait..... the pints in the premium in LR are glass, no? They were for the FAI cup final, iirc.

Plastic for the Czech Friendly last year.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 3:56pm
plastic in level 3 premium, glass level 4 coporate boxes
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 4:42pm
Was in the the presidents pre match banquet before the Germany game. Plastic glasses and only finger food. Free wine if your into it and a pre match show of representatives of various clubs licking JDs hole.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Very important for a cultured man like you.   Wink
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Was in the the presidents pre match banquet before the Germany game. Plastic glasses and only finger food. Free wine if your into it and a pre match show of representatives of various clubs licking JDs hole.
Was at the Presidents dinner befor Germany game in Croke Pk a few years ago.
4 course meal and as much booze as you could drink Those be the days
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 9:05pm
I'm in the premium section every home game in the Aviva and i must say it's top notch, the only downside is you cannot bring a pint down with you to your seat. I always sneak one under my jacket or under my top so i won't complain!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I'm in the premium section every home game in the Aviva and i must say it's top notch, the only downside is you cannot bring a pint down with you to your seat. I always sneak one under my jacket or under my top so i won't complain!

Green devil has the green dollors.   
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 10:24pm
Security doesn't seem to be great in the aviva either. Brought my gear bag after the fans game all the way to the presidents pre match reception. Was just left in the coat room. Wasn't checked once! There could of been a bomb in it for all they knew.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Just walked straight past ur one last time was with ya there, pint was 6.50 tho..
deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 10:43pm
myself and Deise316 were lucky enough to enjoy the comforts of the one of the boxs, friendly barman even brought the pints out to us in our seats LOL
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 11:19am
Alan Quinlan has a go at the Aviva today in the papar. Talks about there being too many fancy areas which distract people from the game and ruin the atmosphere. Most of the comments seem to agree with him.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 11:51am
Went to one game in the premium section at LR. Didn't enjoy me time there, although been able to get a pint was a plus. Far too many planks who knew feckall about football.

Croker looks rubbish from anywhere looking at the hill.
As a southsider, Croker is a little more awkward to get to, but for location, both stadia are very easily accessed.

Edited by Stoked Up - 13 Feb 2013 at 11:52am
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:55pm
Croker:
Pros: Big capacity if needed for a big game. Few decent boozers nearby. Closer walking distance from the city. Bit more space around the service areas and generally shorter queues.
Cons: Capacity too big for most internationals. Atmosphere is kind of lost to the open air. Pitch so far away from the stands. Area is a bit more dodgy walking through late at night. Looks half finished

Landsdowne:
Pros: Location pretty sweet as well. Close to the pitch. Easier to get in and out of the stadium. Singing Section.
Cons: Far too much Premium. North stand looks silly. Space in the service areas really tight and massive queues.

Overall I still prefer Landsdowne for soccer. I think  it has potential to be rocking for really big games or if the team give us something to shout about

Edited by t_rAndy - 13 Feb 2013 at 12:56pm
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 1:33pm
In the old LR there used be a pitch beside it, what is there now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
  Share Topic