You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aviva Vs Croke Park

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Look never bought into the Northside Southside debate but the pubs around Croke park were poo holes really . I remember been taken to this Pub in the middle of an estate not far from the back of the canal end , and I must say I felt so uneasy to be an Irish fan stood at the bar in Dublin .

totally agree Murph, got down early for the Serbia friendly and called in to a dozen pubs in a near complete cicrle of Croke Park - they were all sh*t ( though I can barely remember the gameEmbarrassed)
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Dont think its the most popular opinion on here but i love the aviva. It looks classy when you re approaching the west stand before the railway crossing. i love the shape of it but its a pity the small stand is that low but what can ya do.the pubs are nice around the aviva and its in a nice part of Dublin.

I do think there'll be an improvement in the atmosphere when trap goes. his style of football sucks any life out of the place.

Freewheeler is spot on about Croker. I dont even think its a nice stadium at all and the less said about the pubs around it the better. the smell of sh*t of buffers when i went into quinns was rank.

Westport man goes to Dublin and is put of by the smell of Buffs in the pubs! ffsLOL

Us townys are the cosmopolitan branch of Mayo fans
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 3:00pm
In the old LR terraces were allowed for friendly games, and when Ireland played Australia in friendly in Thomond park there was terrace, how come Hill 16 was always seated even for friendlies?
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

In the old LR terraces were allowed for friendly games, and when Ireland played Australia in friendly in Thomond park there was terrace, how come Hill 16 was always seated even for friendlies?

only 2 friendlies played in Croker wasn't there, Serbia and Poland? To be honest I can't remember if it was terracing or seating on the Hill, or even if the Hill was open.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

only 2 friendlies played in Croker wasn't there, Serbia and Poland? To be honest I can't remember if it was terracing or seating on the Hill, or even if the Hill was open.

I recall one of the friendlies being fairly close to a competitive match so probably wasn't worth taking the seats out.
@AntrimMan85
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 4:28pm
Brazil one in February 2008 was friendly and no competitive match nearby by seats in the hill.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 4:39pm

Brazil one in February 2008 was friendly and no competitive match nearby by seats in the hill.

Forgot about the Brazil game.

Probably down to something simple like the FAI thinking (after the costs of putting the seats in was taken into account) that they's make more selling €50 seated tickets than €30 terrace tickets.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Forgot about the Brazil game.

Probably down to something simple like the FAI thinking (after the costs of putting the seats in was taken into account) that they's make more selling €50 seated tickets than €30 terrace tickets.

Ah that would make sense
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2013 at 4:05pm
In the premium section last night just below the SS, absolute sh*te. No atmosphere at all, gimps wouldn't even stand up and cheer on their team.

Only reaction there was when Keane scored and that w**ker ran onto the pitch.

Great view of the pitch though.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2013 at 4:25pm
Give me the old LR any day, this new kip just isn't home.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2013 at 4:37pm
We need to go back to Dalymount. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 1:16pm
GAA looking to expand Croke Park 

Edited by theheff1989 - 10 Dec 2014 at 1:18pm
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 2:15pm
What I would like to see is the terrace in hill 16 level with the other lower stands and an upper tier stand go around the 4 sides of the pitch. The latest development will have more to do with stadium access etc...
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

What I would like to see is the terrace in hill 16 level with the other lower stands and an upper tier stand go around the 4 sides of the pitch. The latest development will have more to do with stadium access etc...
Na, a terrace is tradition.  I think Croke park is much better but the pitch is far too big for soccer.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Na, a terrace is tradition.  I think Croke park is much better but the pitch is far too big for soccer.

So was the canal end . Seat it all and cover it up. It looks stupid and unfinished.
Chips don't bounce
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 8:14pm
Ripping out the seating in the lower canal and replacing it with standing would be a top plan, actually. You could fit in another 5,000 people. You could use those rail seats they have in Dortmund and increase capacity without great difficulty.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 10 Dec 2014 at 8:32pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

No keep the hill as a terrace but seat an upper level stand over it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 8:43pm
I wonder is there any chance of Croke park getting a Dart Station in the future

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 10 Dec 2014 at 8:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
  Share Topic