You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gazza

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 22>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Article from the Daily Mail can't get the link up.

The sadness of Gazza... a lost boy who seems beyond help as 51 years of addiction have taken their toll

• Paul Gascoigne was not present for the opening of Tottenham's new stadium 
  • He is remembered with so much affection but can create logistical nightmares 
  • Gazza is notoriously unpredictable and his behaviour increasingly alienating 
  • With the love comes a feeling of powerlessness, of a lost boy, beyond help 

So Gazza was born an alcoholic?

So it seems according to Martin Samuel!

Maybe it was nookie broon in his bottle!

Big smile

Edited by Double Maxim - 16 Apr 2019 at 11:58am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:58am
Sad to see him this way. Long way from his heyday at Tottenham. He really is the boy who never grew up!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:04pm
Thought he was a goner, instead it is just a sh*te article.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Disappointing.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:32pm

It's from the Mail, of course it's sh*te
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:34pm
I didn’t read it, I assumed. The only thing I read from the Mail are the comments on the articles. It does nothing for my misanthropy, but I feel a much better person afterwards.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 4:36pm
Urgh, mail comments are the worst. The most depressing thing is the thumbs up/down that comments get. I *really* shouldn't have read the comments on the Shamima Begum legal aid article, even though I knew what they'd be like.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Urgh, mail comments are the worst. The most depressing thing is the thumbs up/down that comments get. I *really* shouldn't have read the comments on the Shamima Begum legal aid article, even though I knew what they'd be like.
They were some of the best. Pure gold! 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 7:03pm

You see this Dave LOL

Edited by Denis Irwin - 16 Apr 2019 at 7:03pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:14pm
Hah. I'd argue with anyone who thinks she shouldn't get legal aid. There's no question that the home secretary can strip the citizenship of people in certain circumstances but whether he should have in this case seems questionable, where she was a child when she left the country, arguably having been groomed by ISIS, and where it seems he did not carry out the most rudimentary checks as to whether he was going to make her stateless. At the very least, where the result has undoubtedly been to make her stateless, and where there is no doubt that she qualifies on the grounds of both her own lack of means (that is not in question) and the seriousness of the issue (again, not in question), I don't think it can be argued that she is entitled to whatever is required to challenge the decision of the State to strip her of her rights.

The thing that absolutely boils my piss the most are the arguments that so-and-so didn't get legal aid, therefore why should see (for example, like saying the Hillsborough or Birmingham families didn't get legal aid). That premise simply doesn't follow: the logical corollary of that argument is why *didn't* they get legal aid: because of repeated Tory cuts, punching down as usual. For the State to use their legal might to strip a person of their rights, but deny even the most basic of representation to the person they are stripping of rights, is both legally and morally reprehensible. To expect an uneducated 19 or 20 year old, who has possibly been groomed and thoroughly mislead, to be in a position to defend herself on any legal issue, particularly one as complex as in this case, and even more specificaly from a refugee camp thousands of miles away, is even worse. Sajid Javid is nothing but a typical Tory, a thug and a populist.

Defenders of the decision, specifically those saying she shouldn't get legal aid, pretend they stand for the rule of law but, it seems, only when they can set the rule of law and when decisions they agree with are immune from challenge to the application of it. You cannot have the rule of law unless the application of that law can be properly tested and challenged; without that, you have merely the rule of dictat, and that is no rule at all.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:32pm

Hah. I'd argue with anyone who thinks she shouldn't get legal aid. There's no question that the home secretary can strip the citizenship of people in certain circumstances but whether he should have in this case seems questionable, where she was a child when she left the country, arguably having been groomed by ISIS, and where it seems he did not carry out the most rudimentary checks as to whether he was going to make her stateless. At the very least, where the result has undoubtedly been to make her stateless, and where there is no doubt that she qualifies on the grounds of both her own lack of means (that is not in question) and the seriousness of the issue (again, not in question), I don't think it can be argued that she is entitled to whatever is required to challenge the decision of the State to strip her of her rights.

The thing that absolutely boils my piss the most are the arguments that so-and-so didn't get legal aid, therefore why should see (for example, like saying the Hillsborough or Birmingham families didn't get legal aid). That premise simply doesn't follow: the logical corollary of that argument is why *didn't* they get legal aid: because of repeated Tory cuts, punching down as usual. For the State to use their legal might to strip a person of their rights, but deny even the most basic of representation to the person they are stripping of rights, is both legally and morally reprehensible. To expect an uneducated 19 or 20 year old, who has possibly been groomed and thoroughly mislead, to be in a position to defend herself on any legal issue, particularly one as complex as in this case, and even more specificaly from a refugee camp thousands of miles away, is even worse. Sajid Javid is nothing but a typical Tory, a thug and a populist.

Defenders of the decision, specifically those saying she shouldn't get legal aid, pretend they stand for the rule of law but, it seems, only when they can set the rule of law and when decisions they agree with are immune from challenge to the application of it. You cannot have the rule of law unless the application of that law can be properly tested and challenged; without that, you have merely the rule of dictat, and that is no rule at all.
Correct, but that has been the policy over here for 40 years. There's no way her citizenship should have been stripped, it was the worst kind of grandstanding from Javid who feels he has to show he is extra hard on everything because he is second generation. It is also why she needs legal aid! Her family were always going to appeal and they were always going to get legal aid.

Gazza's still a ****.LOL
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:58pm
There was naive me thinking Gazza was dead. Instead I learn about the ins and outs of the British free legal aid system and whether a young British woman involved with ISIS should be eligible for it.

You've got to love this forum LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 5:32am
Those points are far too intelligent to be on a thread related to Gazza.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:21am
There is little I believe in more than a functioning, well funded, and available legal aid system. I’ve always been very proud of the fact that Ireland’s system, which has suffered its own cuts, ensures that every defendant will be guaranteed excellent representation when their liberty and good name is on the line, and it ensures that protections of due process and natural justice and fair procedures.

I have always deprecated the way the US operates when it comes to defence, particularly in circumstances where some states have the death penalty. It can effectively rig the trial against a defendant, and I don’t think it’s any surprise that the vast majority of death row inmates will cite insufficient or incompetent legal representation as a grounds for setting aside their sentence. You hear cases of commercial lawyers being dropped into capital murder cases, where their opponents will be highly experienced prosecutors, and there is little parity when it comes to the trial.

There is frankly no base to refusing legal aid in this instance, unless you’re satisfied to toss away due process.

Gazza is a moron.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 7:18pm
That video doing the rounds would suggest he is on his last legs. 
Trevor.ie View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor.ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 7:19pm

Can you post a link?
Its Keane Yes
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 7:25pm

looks like it
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 7:37pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 22>
  Share Topic