You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rip Off Ireland Alive and Well Still

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 11:37am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

That is actually something that really annoys with pubs in Dublin, charging €1 for a dash of miwadi. The whole bottle costs about €1

It's f**king ridiculous if you ask me, fair enough if you wanted coke or orange juice you would fork out the extra few euro but for a dash of miwadi there is no you should be charged. Money grabbing ****s   

Heading out in Templebar tonight and will still give the f**kers my money
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 1:48pm

Is changing the price of a drink throughout the day/night a regular thing? I've only ever had it in Dublin.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Is changing the price of a drink throughout the day/night a regular thing? I've only ever had it in Dublin.

done all over Cork aswell
Whacha gonna do
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

A couple of pubs in Limerick do it as well, only really after 12 but that's probably got something to do with having to pay staff extra after 12. 
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 11:06pm
Carbon nightclub in galway on wednesday is buy one get one free. The barmen were playin rock paper scissors and if you lost you paid double but if you won your drinks were free. Great idea as if you lost you were still only paying the actual price for the drinks as you got one free.
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 12:10am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Some pubs would charge as little as €8 for two pints and a pack of crisps. €6 if it was the Sportmans.

TWO packet of crisps
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 12:12am

That is actually something that really annoys with pubs in Dublin, charging €1 for a dash of miwadi. The whole bottle costs about €1

Far from it, they'd buy 24 bottles of the stuff or more and they would not be paying €1, a lot less.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 1:17am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Far from it, they'd buy 24 bottles of the stuff or more and they would not be paying €1, a lot less.

A million times worse so Angry
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Carbon nightclub in galway on wednesday is buy one get one free. The barmen were playin rock paper scissors and if you lost you paid double but if you won your drinks were free. Great idea as if you lost you were still only paying the actual price for the drinks as you got one free.

It will always be the GPO to me
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 9:47am

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

A million times worse so Angry
bradys pub in Terenure always charged 2.50 for mi wadi and water. We were regulars as they sponsored our football team and everyone paid the same whack. Ridiculous

El Puto Amo
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 4:55pm
Up in lifestyle getting a pair of runners and they were €125 in the shop, went outside bought them online for €85 delivered and @ €85 they are still making a profit, unbelievable stuff.

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 5:08pm
Added costs such as rent and labour can drive up in store costs.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 5:13pm
They were sold online at a profit I'm sure, anyway I'm glad I didn't purchase for €125

eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

They were sold online at a profit I'm sure, anyway I'm glad I didn't purchase for €125

And when there are no shops left and no jobs in retail for the local workforce it'll be great too.

I remember some wan complaining on Frontline about the shop closing down in her village but then followed up when asked by admiting she did most if not all of her shopping in Tesco!

Amazon and the likes, while cheaper and convenient, will destroy the local economy.

I saw a documentary on Netflix recently which said currently 70% of jobs on the planet can be done more efficiently by computers.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 8:18pm
Jesus wept, would you give a shop €40 more for an item if you could get it elsewhere for cheaper? I would rather buy my items in a shop and keep them going but the saving is too much to be throwing money away like that, maybe if more people shop online then shops might lower their prices, we are being ripped off.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 8:20pm
Cancel that order Sono ffs and go pay the shop. Ye eejit.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 8:23pm
Done McG

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

And when there are no shops left and no jobs in retail for the local workforce it'll be great too.

I remember some wan complaining on Frontline about the shop closing down in her village but then followed up when asked by admiting she did most if not all of her shopping in Tesco!

Amazon and the likes, while cheaper and convenient, will destroy the local economy.

I saw a documentary on Netflix recently which said currently 70% of jobs on the planet can be done more efficiently by computers.

Which doc was it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
  Share Topic