You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving in with the missus.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:20pm
Make sure and have a good old fight from time to time. Nothing physical but a bit of a shouting match, the "make up" sex is great
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Two things;

Remember the phrase "time apart can be just as important as time together" when you want to go out for a few pints or a 2 day bender.

Find the chore you hate doing LEAST and make it yours. For instance, I've taken on pretty much all cooking duties. This means that we jointly do the washing up, but she by default, now does the laundry. This is great as I f**king hate washing and it turns out, I quite like cooking Thumbs Up

I'll need to start using the first one.
The second point about the cooking I can fully agree. I enjoy me routine of coming home from work and cooking the food that I want to eat while listening to podcasts. It's a kind of personal time before sitting down with the family.
It also gets me out of having to do most of the cleaning

Edited by t_rAndy - 31 Mar 2017 at 8:35pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:38pm
It's sound advice Clap

Unsurprisingly I can't cook but I always do the washing and I do the shopping. And I like my few hours of Gaming / Browsing forums so she either goes out or watches Soaps. It links with what I said about don't be over-clingy.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Buy her flowers every now and again

Best advice ever.
I remember coming home from work one summer Friday evening and all the mums and dads were out on the road chatting as most of our kids were similar ages.
I had bought herself a bunch of flowers, so the dads said to me..."birthday?......anniversary?"
And I said "no.... I buy here flowers every month".
Well they looked at me like I was the biggest koont alive.
She was delighted when I went in and told her:)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:52pm
My advice is to act like a man.

If YOU want to go for scoops go for scoops. Too many lads bitch slapped by their Mrs these days.

Once you start giving in, it's game over.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

My advice is to act like a man.

If YOU want to go for scoops go for scoops. Too many lads bitch slapped by their Mrs these days.

Once you start giving in, it's game over.

True as f**k . Worst thing is when lads starting pretending that they are not whipped . We had a lads trip once a year and we went to somewhere inEurope for 2nights 3 days and it hasn't happened in a long time & the even worser (lol) thing is that most of them hadn't even kids . A few have kids now and now our lads trip has become extinct . Not even dormant but dead as a f**king dodo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 11:44pm
A mate of mine is completely bitch slapped by his Mrs.

He would ring her to find out if he was hungry and if he was allowed to eat something. That's how bad it is.

On 4 occasions this year his happened until I just gave up....

He lives next door to the boozer and I ring him to go for a pint - he says I'm not allowed.
Another occasions same as above, she wants him home immediately.

Note - I had my kids with me so literally having a pint and a burger and going home.

He asks me to go to a game with him and his kids and then he rings me and tells me he's not allowed.

His kid is meant to go to my kids party but forgets and is in work - he has to then leave work early, drive home and bring his kid to the party while his Mrs is sitting at home doing nothing.

He's a dead sound chap but his nonsense above does my nut it. He's the type to bring his moth to a stag's.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 11:51pm

He would ring her to find out if he was hungry and if he was allowed to eat something. That's how bad it is.

He lives next door to the boozer and I ring him to go for a pint - he says I'm not allowed.

Note - I had my kids with me so literally having a pint and a burger and going home.

He asks me to go to a game with him and his kids and then he rings me and tells me he's not allowed.

His kid is meant to go to my kids party but forgets and is in work - he has to then leave work early, drive home and bring his kid to the party while his Mrs is sitting at home doing nothing.

He's a dead sound chap but his nonsense above does my nut it. He's the type to bring his moth to a stag's.

Something seriously wrong there, you can't put that kind of behaviour down to being "bitch slapped".
There is some underlying issue or many issues going on there that you aren't aware of.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 11:51pm
f**kin hell
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Something seriously wrong there, you can't put that kind of behaviour down to being "bitch slapped".
There is some underlying issue or many issues going on there that you aren't aware of.
Definitely more to this than meets the eye.
Pure guess here but might he have been a naughty boy in the past?

I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 12:05am
Food for thought. I don't actually know.

He's more of an acquaintance than anything else, but a very likeable chap all the same.

I'm torn between him being a bit of a push over (which he definitely is) and his Mrs being a lazy ****.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 12:05am

Maybe he is trying to give you a hint?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 12:05am
Honestly HB would echo Huge Jarse's sentiments. That's way beyond being bitch slapped.

Everyone has certain mates where you know you can't criticize their relationship with their missus but if they don't do it when it comes to your own, then its fair enough.

The only thing is sometimes it gets to a stage where you need to for your acquaintance's sake

Edited by irishmufc - 01 Apr 2017 at 12:10am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 12:09am
If he was being a naughty boy it still wouldn't explain him having to leave work early to bring the kid to a party while she's sat at home on her arse

Edited by Denis Irwin - 01 Apr 2017 at 12:09am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 12:10am
The way I see it is he`s either cheated on her in the past and she has him on a short leash since or she`s abusive.

I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 12:13am
@PM - your dead right, maybe that's it, but I've seen his behaviour in a number of different situations, I've just come to the conclusion that he's a blouse and don't waste my time with him any more.

@ Muff - I really don't know what to think any more, you got to the stage where you just lose respect, which is where I am at the moment but still see and talk to him every day.

Sometimes I look and speak to him with contempt, simply because I know he's been 'bitch slapped'.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 12:19am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

If he was being a naughty boy it still wouldn't explain him having to leave work early to bring the kid to a party while she's sat at home on her arse

Yep, I just don't know. Never really thought about him being a dirty dog.

Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

The way I see it is he`s either cheated on her in the past and she has him on a short leash since or she`s abusive.

Interesting theory alright.

He could be the ultra goody goody BF or a dirty dog who got caught in act and is on his best behaviour.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 12:31am
If it is a case of him having been caught cheating then they should call it a day now before it is too late, especially with kids involved.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic