You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Podcasts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 22>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 2:49pm
May have been mentioned before as it's a few years old, but there's a podcast called The Lighthouse that's about a backpacker from Belgium who goes missing in Byron Beach in Australia. Well worth a listen
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 3:16pm
I've nearly finished this, about the death of Emiliano Sala

notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 8:45am
Does anyone else listen to the Infinite Monkey Cage and if so, have recommendations for similar type pods? I love when they just let the scientists speak and explain their field or whatever topic they're on, but can't stand the sh*te attempts at humour that completely take it over at times
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 1:15pm
Teachers Pet and Now Teachers Trial
About an Australian Rugby Player,, Chris Dawson who's wife goes missing.
Trial just concluded last week - Good listen
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

May have been mentioned before as it's a few years old, but there's a podcast called The Lighthouse that's about a backpacker from Belgium who goes missing in Byron Beach in Australia. Well worth a listen

Just finished this one this morning. Decent listen.
Taoiseach View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taoiseach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 12:20pm
Great Podcast
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 4:17am
Unusual Suspects. It's about the Brinks robbery in Rochester, NY in the 90's. Sam Miller's account of being in the H Blocks in episode 2 is as grim as you'd expect.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 5:54pm
Listening to a few of those Under the Cosh pods. Some decent guests and interviews. Enjoyed John Sheridans etc but can’t stand the hard man carry on out of the presenters (Jon Parkin etc), carry on like arseholes.

On the Sheridan pod. The dogs on the street know but found it fairly disrespectful when he said something like “Paul’s a pisshead” or something similar when referring to big Paul McG. Poor form. But of course rounds off by saying best player and best fella ever etc.

Just seems like there’s too much testosterone in the room and Billy big bollox out of the lot of them.

Edited by McG - 22 Apr 2023 at 5:55pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 6:22pm
Think they had a live podcast in Vicar St during the week. Keith Treacy with a guest appearance.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 6:03am
The podcast on the Notts County takeover that was mentioned on another thread is worth a listen.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 10:51pm
More tietter but anyone following mackenna on it these days? Frlla has gone dunphy on roides in terms of being a contrary 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 10:45am
It’ll be interesting to see how many people follow OTB to their subscription service. €10 a month is fairly steep for a podcast but they can point to the range of content to justify it. I’d only really listen to the football stuff so debating whether it‘s worth it.

Not a lot of notice given either, basically 12 hours notice.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 10:56am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

It’ll be interesting to see how many people follow OTB to their subscription service. €10 a month is fairly steep for a podcast but they can point to the range of content to justify it. I’d only really listen to the football stuff so debating whether it‘s worth it.

Not a chance paying for it.  Best thing is to get rid of all your subscriptions and only add back in a thing that you think is essential.  Have Netflix for the kids and Spotify and that’s it.

With subscriptions you could easily be paying 50-70 quid a month in total without thinking about it.   I am sure some families have 

Netflix
Spotify 
Disney
Prime 
Apple TV 
Newspaper subscription x 1
Podcast subscription x 1 

That’s before you even take out sky or virgin broadband and tv subscription.  There is only so many hours in a day to entertain yourself. 
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 11:20am
Chris scull from Quickly Kevin has teamed up with Eli’s James and Tom Craine for a new podcast looking back at history. Listened to their episode on vikings and long ships pissing myself laughing.

Called Oh what a time 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 11:20am
I just listen to the OTB radio show in the morning from 7:30 and that's still free although you won't be able to play it back after it finishes. 

I listen to the GAA pod the odd time but cant justify another subscription just for that.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 11:27am

Hang on, they want people to pay to listen to their sh*te now?!LOL

Edited by You Tell Me - 09 Aug 2023 at 11:27am
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 11:29am
Talking Bollox podcast is good if a bit long, some football guests on Graham Burke, Ross Tierney, Jack Byrne, Roddy Collins....Roddy Doyle and Ardal O Hanlon were very good.....Keith Treacy gives a good insight into pro football in the UK..

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 09 Aug 2023 at 11:55am
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 12:01pm

The lack of notice is the weirdest part - assume it was done intentionally but you’d wonder why.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 22>
  Share Topic