You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Union flag to be taken down from Belfast city hall
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Union flag to be taken down from Belfast city hall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 134>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 11:52am
Its a joke that Nolan hasn't covered Arlene's tweet from the other night on his shows the past two days

I thought it would have been the top story, even as biased as he is
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

There’s a planned protest at Belfast City hall tomorrow at 12pm, if you’re about the City give it a swerve, could be trouble.

Right up there with 'Is there anything to be said for a saying another mass'

Media have a role to play - the amount of rubbish that loyalists come out with that goes unchallanged is staggering . If their leadership dont want to have an adult/difficult  conversation with them it should be the media. Two women interviewed in the shankill this morning a prime example in summary themmuns get everything we get nothing, treated like second class citizens, our culture blah blah blah  etc    

Billy Hutchinson was on RTE this morning with Pat Kenny and that as part of the GFA, Blair gave republicans a get out of jail free card and Loyalists didn't. Which is completely untrue.

He also said that SF are controlling the police and Loyalists are being harassed for minor indiscretions. Which basically means that the SA UDA are not happy about police involvement in their drug dealing.

Kenny didn't challenge him on any of this. The came in a flurry of partitionists comments....

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 12:24pm
Why is an Irish (of any creed) & Catholic hating murderer like Billy Hutchinson given air time on rte?

Edited by tonyjaa - 09 Apr 2021 at 12:24pm
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 12:25pm
The loyalists will be out rioting in honour of that German Greek guy who just died
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 12:25pm
That would be a question for the FG backed media that is RTE. Because this suits the FG partititionist narrative.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

That would be a question for the FG backed media that is RTE. Because this suits the FG partititionist narrative.

I don't mind him getting airtime but surely to God you should make sure you're well informed so you can challenge his bullsh*t? What is wrong with Irish media? They are so poor. 
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 12:33pm

Tam Sellics son
@TamsellicsonIII
Rangers breaking their 7 day social media break to send condolences to a racist is something else
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

There’s a planned protest at Belfast City hall tomorrow at 12pm, if you’re about the City give it a swerve, could be trouble.

There are numerous gatherings planned and most will be at places of tension- Belfast is the type of place that can kick off very badly if people are not careful. I fear we are in for a long weekend.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 12:56pm
Pat Kenny back working with RTÉ ??
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 1:10pm
Nah. he's with news talk.

But there are rants to be had about FG, RTE and Rangers, so why let facts get in the way?
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 1:40pm
https://youtu.be/BM_RlWkE52w

Like father,like son
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 1:40pm
Your right it was Newstalk - thought it was RTE. It's still a station owned by FG backed Denis O'Brien.

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

I don't mind him getting airtime but surely to God you should make sure you're well informed so you can challenge his bullsh*t? What is wrong with Irish media? They are so poor. 

Pat Kenny is well on the ball, I don't know why he let it slide.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 1:50pm

Your right it was Newstalk - thought it was RTE. It's still a station owned by FG backed Denis O'Brien.

DOB sold news talk and his other stations. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Its a joke that Nolan hasn't covered Arlene's tweet from the other night on his shows the past two days

I thought it would have been the top story, even as biased as he is

I thought he would've been more impartial. I was watching a program about the Shankill Butchers and he was really putting the screws to the lead detective investigating the murders, saying that everybody on the Shankill knew who they were and that the RUC were complicit.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

DOB sold news talk and his other stations. 

Yeah to Communicorp and O'Brien owns Communicorp!
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:48pm
Few protests planned around the country tonight in Loyalist areas. Although apparently there have been calls to cancel them on account of Prince Philip. 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:57pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:58pm
Planned protests about what exactly?
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 134>
  Share Topic