You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Hibernian F.C. Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 35>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

That should be them up.
Hopefully Lenny doing a fine job.

I love Lenny but he has made hard work of it at times, great result tonight. Their fans finally believe they are up! 
When you add in a cup semi-final it seems a good job, I just think it should have been more straightforward.
Compared to recent managers Lenny has been streets ahead.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 10:34pm

That should be them up.
Hopefully Lenny doing a fine job.

I love Lenny but he has made hard work of it at times, great result tonight. Their fans finally believe they are up! 
When you add in a cup semi-final it seems a good job, I just think it should have been more straightforward.
Compared to recent managers Lenny has been streets ahead.
I know, I agree! His honesty in interviews is refreshing, but they have had a lot of bad results against weaker teams. I am delighted for him and Hibs, the league needs them more than the great reformed!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 4:38pm
Efe Ambrose has put Hibs 1 0 up.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 4:40pm
Falkirk have made it 1 1.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 4:56pm
Hibs won 2 1.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 6:18pm
Hibs now ten points clear.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 7:27pm
Hon the Hibs!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 8:36am
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/hibs-0-morton-0-shameful-10124488

Stay classy Lenny

Eh did you see it?  Morton player tries to break Hibs player's leg, then Morton player goes down feigning a head butt....Lenny understandably furious with the foul and yer man's acting and does what any gaffer would do, shouts and remonstrates, then Jim Duffy runs from his area to confront Lennon, what's Lennon supposed to do?  Lennon didn't do anything any other manager would do.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 11:31am

There comes a point when you have to stop defending the common denominator in all these incidents.

I don't think Brendan Rodgers, Manuel Pellegrini or Carlo Ancelotti (to name but three) would be throwing subs, players and officials out of their way to try to get at a rival manager, no matter what sparked it.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 12:36pm

There comes a point when you have to stop defending the common denominator in all these incidents.

I don't think Brendan Rodgers, Manuel Pellegrini or Carlo Ancelotti (to name but three) would be throwing subs, players and officials out of their way to try to get at a rival manager, no matter what sparked it.

No there doesn't.  You're swallowing the "he brings it on himself" sh*te.  He was attacked on the touchline at Tynecastle by a fan and the scumbag got away, "not proven". He's had bullets sent to him in the post, UVF death threats, constant abuse as Celtic gaffer and why?  Cos he's a fiery red-headed Fenian who bleeds green and is an intelligent football man who only defends  his players and his territory.

Nobody in football has had to put up with the vitriol he has.

Watch the footage properly like a  good man and then comment on it. Thumbs Up 

He isn't throwing anyone out of the way, Duffy is the instigator after the Morton player started it all with his shocking foul and acting, Lennon supposed to just sit there like a good boy and allow Duffy into his technical area and not stand up for his player?  Get a grip man.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 12:52pm
I enojed the "hold me back" routine Lenny was doing, he's lucky Duffy didn't get a hold of him LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 1:44pm

EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

You then pick three managers who would only throw anyone out of the way for a woman or tranny, a bed, a plate of food! Talk about handpicking! The Morton lad was an absolute disgrace and should get an incredibly lengthy ban.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

No there doesn't.  You're swallowing the "he brings it on himself" sh*te.  He was attacked on the touchline at Tynecastle by a fan and the scumbag got away, "not proven". He's had bullets sent to him in the post, UVF death threats, constant abuse as Celtic gaffer and why?  Cos he's a fiery red-headed Fenian who bleeds green and is an intelligent football man who only defends  his players and his territory.

He isn't throwing anyone out of the way, Duffy is the instigator after the Morton player started it all with his shocking foul and acting, Lennon supposed to just sit there like a good boy and allow Duffy into his technical area and not stand up for his player?  Get a grip man.

Pass me my Lenny mask til I start singing "We Are All Neil Lennon" again FFS.

I've watched the footage several times and his full press conference.
Why was he on the pitch? Does every manager run onto the pitch to remonstrate, eyeball, and wave their arms aggressively at a player when there's a bad tackle in a game? Is this accepted behaviour?

He clearly pushes or pulls subs, players and the fourth official it seems out of his way to get at Duffy, anyone who has watched the footage can see that. Then it seems that he wants to be held back when he gets up to him. LOL

I also very much doubt that Jim Duffy said in the split second that he ran over to Lennon something along the lines of "lets have a square dig at eachother" LOL but I suppose he had to make up something for the press conference.  

All that stuff about Tynecastle and the UVF which you have written is totally irrelevant to my points on last nights match. No one was out to get him last night. In this isolated incident he did bring some of it on himself. He lost the head and let himself down over a bad tackle, not even giving the referee a chance to deal with it, before sparking a brawl.
And before you say it, yes if Lennon hadn't ran onto the pitch then there wouldn't have been that many people involved.

Duffy's behaviour was also wrong may I add, but he wasn't the only one.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 30 Mar 2017 at 2:14pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 2:29pm

Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Pass me my Lenny mask til I start singing "We Are All Neil Lennon" again FFS.

I've watched the footage several times and his full press conference.
Why was he on the pitch? Does every manager run onto the pitch to remonstrate, eyeball, and wave their arms aggressively at a player when there's a bad tackle in a game? Is this accepted behaviour?

He clearly pushes or pulls subs, players and the fourth official it seems out of his way to get at Duffy, anyone who has watched the footage can see that. Then it seems that he wants to be held back when he gets up to him. LOL

I also very much doubt that Jim Duffy said in the split second that he ran over to Lennon something along the lines of "lets have a square dig at eachother" LOL but I suppose he had to make up something for the press conference.  

All that stuff about Tynecastle and the UVF which you have written is totally irrelevant to my points on last nights match. No one was out to get him last night. In this isolated incident he did bring some of it on himself. He lost the head and let himself down over a bad tackle, not even giving the referee a chance to deal with it, before sparking a brawl.
And before you say it, yes if Lennon hadn't ran onto the pitch then there wouldn't have been that many people involved.

Duffy's behaviour was also wrong may I add, but he wasn't the only one.

Which would be fine if you only talked about last night's game, but by using the term 'common denominator in all these incidents' you are clearly referencing things that have happened in the past and implying that old line about 'bringing it on himself'.
I agree his behaviour could be seen as overly aggressive last night but that Morton player should be getting a very long ban, it was a disgraceful tackle followed by a dive to get someone sent off. There are plenty other managers who would have got angry about it, besides name-checking 3 sloths to prove your point, and Duffy, who seems generally a decent sort of guy, did himself no favours either.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 2:34pm
OK I was possibly wrong to use the term "common denominator"

However I stand by my original quip of him "staying classy". As a man who has managed in the Champions League he really should be rising above such behaviour as we saw last night, in a game against Greenock Morton in Scotlands second tier!

PS - I don't think Rodgers is a sloth. He conducts himself impeccably and oozes class both on the touchline and in front of the camera. A breath of fresh air

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 30 Mar 2017 at 2:35pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 2:42pm

However I stand by my original quip of him "staying classy". As a man who has managed in the Champions League he really should be rising above such behaviour as we saw last night, in a game against Greenock Morton in Scotlands second tier!

PS - I don't think Rodgers is a sloth. He conducts himself impeccably and oozes class both on the touchline and in front of the camera. A breath of fresh air

Fair enough, I really couldn't blame him though, the behaviour from the Morton player was absolutely disgusting. He possibly could have controlled himself better but he is a passionate guy and that is his style.

As for Rodgers, I love what he has done with the club so far but I really cannot take to the way he speaks at all, I find him incredibly grating. He sounds like a dodgy  car salesman or a priest. The players seem to love him though, that's all that matters.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 3:35pm

Staying Classy is a ridiculous comment to make about a fella who has been treated with anything but class by the SFA, the Justice system (the not proven verdict on that Hearts fan was beyond belief) and the bigoted masses that infect Scottish life.  Lennon is a class act, passionate yes, short-tempered probably, but in comparison to the likes of Mourinho (anything but classy), Lennon is a class act. 

Duffy went bull headed for Lennon, out of his own area and Lennon will always defend his players as every good manager should. So what if it's the "second tier", if it was a LSL game I'd have acted exactly the same, more so when the oppo manager came at me, not the other way round. 

Morton player started the trouble, Lennon gave the Morton player deserved pelters and Duffy then went for Lennon, that's not an opinion, that is what happened.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 35>
  Share Topic