Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=42140
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:37pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The Hibernian F.C. Thread
Posted By: irishmufc
Subject: The Hibernian F.C. Thread
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 8:42pm
Seeing as there's a few lads that follow hibs on here they should probably have their own thread. All other thread titles about hibs are in relation to their relationship with Celtic. Anyway no better time for a bandwagoner like myself to start a thread about hibs after beating Hearts. Joking aside, Id never consider myself a hibs fan to the same degree as United so but would have them as my team in Scotland after going to a match last season getting a hibs flag and jersey like the daytripper I was Wink.

Tough game away to Inverness on Saturday.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Replies:
Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 8:45pm
Off to seem them play Motherwell in two weeks. 

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 8:45pm
Top Top club. Ireland's pride abroad, managed by a top top Irishman  Clap

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Did ya go to them much when you were in (or still are) Edinburgh corkery?

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Did ya go to them much when you were in (or still are) Edinburgh corkery?

Ya, I used to go to home and away games. They were crap then. Not living there anymore, going over for a weekend. 2nd in the league and £12 to get in.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 8:58pm
For the Aberdeen game last season i think tickets were at least 30 quid if i remember right. We were in the stand upper tier opposite the dugouts with the hibs singing section to our left in the same stand. bought our tickets in the hibs official shop. Were the aways good craic to go to and how many would hibs bring?

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 9:06pm
They were always good craic alright, Hearts were alright too like. Hibs used bring like 300 to some away games like St Mirren and then bring like 1,500 to Motherwell. 

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 9:26pm
Away games are great craic. I d rather go to a united away than a home one and the Ireland ones are always brilliant. Ill have to go to an away hibs game the next time Im in Scotland. Apart from Celtic away, what would be a good one to go to in Scotland?

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 9:30pm

Away games are great craic. I d rather go to a united away than a home one and the Ireland ones are always brilliant. Ill have to go to an away hibs game the next time Im in Scotland. Apart from Celtic away, what would be a good one to go to in Scotland?

Aberdeen was good but I hear that Dundee is supposed to be really good. Inverness is good if ya want to see the Highlands but the places is weird and cold.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 9:38pm

Aberdeen was good but I hear that Dundee is supposed to be really good. Inverness is good if ya want to see the Highlands but the places is weird and cold.

are you talking about Cork or Scotland? Wink

One of my mates was at the Aberdeen home game last weekend and said there was a good atmosphere alright.

-------------

Posted By: armahibee
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 11:26pm

Posted By: jinky
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Top Top club. Ireland's pride abroad, managed by a top top Irishman  Clap

irelands loser pride abroad you mean

-------------
tir gan teanga ,tir gan anam

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 12:25am
cracking atmosphere and win today even if it was a dreadful game. sunshine on leith what a song.
lived in edinburgh for a bit. loved leith mad place some great pubs. the gorgie lot are an odd bunch.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 1:34am
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

cracking atmosphere and win today even if it was a dreadful game. sunshine on leith what a song.
lived in edinburgh for a bit. loved leith mad place some great pubs. the gorgie lot are an odd bunch.

How so? Corkery reckoned the Hearts fans he knew were sound .

-------------

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 2:38am
Happy to see the mini Huns beaten by Hibs today Clap

-------------
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 10:08am

I've seen Celtic and Sunderland play in Dundee and stayed over on both occasions.
Its a quality city loads of great pubs and restaurants. Thumbs Up

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 10:41am
Lived in Gorgie right beside Tynecastle when i moved over. Local Hearts fans were well behaved and freakishly quiet for all games with the notable exception of Celtic,Hibs and Rangers games.  Turned into a bit of a blood thirsty rabble in particular for Celtic and Hibs, every ned from Western Edinburgh used to show up to try and ambush away fans. Cops usually had it under control then they would resort to fighting each other. Gorgie Road was a great spot for a bag of chips a kebab and watching a punch up.

Knew more Jambos than Hibees and yeah most were bang on. Very embarrassed by the minority of plastic loyalists following them but they do genuinely despise Celtic.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 1:08pm
Aberdeen/Motherwell at home in the cup.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 1:13pm
seen that alright. Celtic got an easy draw and Dundee Utd have a good chance of beating rangers.

Do ya think hibs have a good chance of winning the league or is their squad too small/limited?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 1:22pm
Na, I think when Celtic get knocked out of Europe, they'll have enough focus on the league to win itl. They'll likely win it by 15ish points.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 1:25pm
I think i posted it before but the fella that impressed me for hibs last season was Osbourne the midfielder on loan from villa.thought he was handy enough.pity they didnt sign him.he plays for blackpool now.

If they finish 2nd can they wualify for the champions league or is it just one place for Scottish teams?

-------------

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 1:44pm

I think i posted it before but the fella that impressed me for hibs last season was Osbourne the midfielder on loan from villa.thought he was handy enough.pity they didnt sign him.he plays for blackpool now.

If they finish 2nd can they wualify for the champions league or is it just one place for Scottish teams?

There was 2 places this year, Motherwell were comfortably beaten by Panathanaikos in the 2nd round. Celtic started there as well but were seeded

Not sure but I'm guessing Celtic might move up to the play-off round and be seeded, based on this years CL performances, and the 2nd place will remain as well

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 11:03pm
Have booked Motherwell for tomorrow, £12 and £2 drinks, that's cheaper than some League of Ireland clubs.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 4:37pm
On for a good result today, just need to close it out

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 4:38pm
2-2

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 4:39pm
f**kin knew that would happen.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 6:28pm
Hibs were all over them at the start, should of been well ahead. Don't know why they took off strikers like. Seen Irish teams take more away fans than Motherwell.

Also, the Albion has closed down.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 7:00pm
It's just the hibs..heart break central!

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 9:41pm

Hibs were all over them at the start, should of been well ahead. Don't know why they took off strikers like. Seen Irish teams take more away fans than Motherwell.

Also, the Albion has closed down.

Dingy enough bar the Albion was when i was in it. I think the used the albions male jacks for that trainspotting toilet scene.i liked the pub though.pity it closed. got nowhere with the sexy barmaid Zoe either. irish accent done fcuk all for me that night   

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 1:25pm
Shame Hibs collasped would much prefer them to be second than any of the other feckers.

-------------

Posted By: Old Den
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Shame Hibs collasped would much prefer them to be second than any of the other feckers.

This.

Posted By: ET Boy
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 8:12am
Just wondering if anyone out there can help me with getting tickets for the Celtic & Hibs game in Easter Road on 29th December? All Celtic's ticket alllocation has been sold. Got flights and hotel months ago but struggling to get my hands on 3 tickets. Could collect in Ireland prior to game or in Edinburgh the day before or day of game? Or else any help at all would be greatly appreciated if at this fixture before perhaps. Celtic section preferably.Thanks in advance

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 10:04pm
Its going to be crucial for Hibs if they can get further extensions on their loan players in January.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 7:32am
Lets hope Hibs can get back on track in the live game away to Killie 12.45 ko today.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 2:48pm
Two points dropped by Hibs FFS. Unhappy

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 9:30pm
Inverness in the champion league spot.

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by ET Boy ET Boy wrote:

Just wondering if anyone out there can help me with getting tickets for the Celtic & Hibs game in Easter Road on 29th December? All Celtic's ticket alllocation has been sold. Got flights and hotel months ago but struggling to get my hands on 3 tickets. Could collect in Ireland prior to game or in Edinburgh the day before or day of game? Or else any help at all would be greatly appreciated if at this fixture before perhaps. Celtic section preferably.Thanks in advance
Did you get a ticket?

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 5:18pm
good to see the recent slide halted todayClap

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 5:29pm
Delighted for Nutsy
Top bloke

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 2:40am
After paying for a load of seats that Hearts broke, Celtic fans broke more at Easter Road. Best fans in the world.

Posted By: jinky
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 5:02am

After paying for a load of seats that Hearts broke, Celtic fans broke more at Easter Road. Best fans in the world.
well buy decent quality ones so they don't break so easily ..don't break them at our place and we won't do the same

-------------
tir gan teanga ,tir gan anam

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 9:20pm
Derby tomorrow, on sky sports.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: Peake
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 2:08am

Absolute scum.

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 4:26pm
The weegies (both sides) used to cause around 10g damage everytime they came Down smashing toilets, seats etc!! They love the acts of senseless violence!! On another note huge game tonight, reckon hibs cud nick 3 points tonight, tempted to stick a fiver on.

Posted By: The Big Club
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 4:30pm
Hibeeees Hibeeess

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 4:39pm
Mon Hibs do those horrible feckers.

-------------

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 4:57pm
Mon the Hibees

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 5:26pm
now doubt the hibees have been bang on the booze from 10am in the Roseburn before marching into Jambo territory

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 5:30pm
will watch from 2nd half onwards seeing as I have training when it starts. C'mon the Hibees!

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 5:31pm
hearts are a shambles at the moment on and off the pitch.

fancy the hibees to nick a 2nd win in a row. Will be a cracking atmosphere.

Tynecastle is a great little stadium

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 5:35pm
Hibs being confident going into derbie usuall leads to one thingCry nutsy be nearly okay for rest of season if hemanages unbeaten against celtic and 2 derby wins

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 7:35pm
MON looks fooking hammered in the studio.

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 8:06pm
The first team to  string more than three passes together should be declared winners!

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 8:28pm
shocking game

leigh griffiths you look like a bird. funny chant

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 8:37pm
Hearts should have had a peno. Awful game though. It would drive a pundit to drink having to cover that.

Posted By: Ludwig von Drake
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 8:44pm
Hearts should be down to 10 after that filthy tackle from Stevenson.

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 8:49pm
Hearts should be down to ten men with Stevensons shocking challenge on McPake.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:03pm
Oh feck Doyler should have done better with a good chance.

-------------

Posted By: DG80
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:03pm
woeful game so far. thought hearts should have had a peno but a player sent off. the ref has let alot go. all hearts so far in the second half

-------------
cup champions

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:06pm
No lover of Hearts but I didn't think the tackle was that bad. Typical derby challenge.

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

No lover of Hearts but I didn't think the tackle was that bad. Typical derby challenge.

didnt think much of it at first but with the benefit of the replay, he lunged in off the ground. referee was on the far side of it and mustnt of seen it

-------------
cup champions

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:35pm
hearts just hit the bar. 3mins injury time.

-------------
cup champions

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:40pm

fair result. Hearts had enough territory but did little with it.Hibs defended well. As Celtic found out, there is a resilient streak in this team.

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:40pm
Dog spunk. MON must be on his ear at this stage

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:43pm
Game would of lost last year so improvement alright.

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:47pm
based on the second half thought it was a point gained for hibs. hearts had loads of possession but couldnt do anything with it. after a bad run, 2 clean sheets in a row for hibs is good. although they couldnt get any worse they are going in the right direction under fenlon 

-------------
cup champions

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:54pm
Watched some it. Awful viewing!

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 11:54pm

Seen a couple of Hibs games lately. Jesus the standard is terrible. LOI is easy as entertaining.

Posted By: SteviesGranny
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 1:18pm
Leigh Griffiths going to be arrested for something he said in twitter. When will players learn?

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Seen a couple of Hibs games lately. Jesus the standard is terrible. LOI is easy as entertaining.

Watched the Hearts game great pace and tempo to it way ahead of the LOI ful lhouse and a great atmosphere sadly were light years behind that .

As regards quality yeah half decent but  again still way ahead of our own league Cry

-------------
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"

Posted By: IrishPride
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 2:14pm
After Iqbal baited Griffiths by calling him ‘thumb boy’ and asked why he made fun out of people’s appearances, the striker responded: ‘f*** off back to your own country, ya clown.’

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 9:47pm
Hibs have done well to get Leigh Griffiths again on loan for the rest of the season.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 10:03pm
Handy to get him, would of struggled without him.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 10:41am
Theyve tied down their other 2 loanees for the rest of the season too

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 5:16pm
Bad result today , 1-1 home draw with bottom club Dundee

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 5:17pm
As i mentioned in the other thread , Murderwell keeper Randolph (Irelands 3rd keeper) has 'apparently' rejected a pre-contract offer from Hibernian.

Posted By: Drumaville
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Bad result today , 1-1 home draw with bottom club Dundee

Shocking result.

-------------
Double Maxim draught in the Derry pub now you are talking.

Posted By: Wearmouth
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 6:56am
It will be tough for the early game on sky v Aberdeen today Hibs need to keep a close watch on Niall McGinn.

-------------
Charlie Hurley a true legend

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 11:17am
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-21219687" rel="nofollow - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-21219687

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 1:21pm
nil all at half time away to Aberdeen. hibs really should be a goal down. Aberdeen much the better side 

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 2:27pm
nil nil FT

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 2:29pm
tbh it was a good result as Aberdeen should've beat them. awful turgid stuff from hibs 

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 2:35pm
id love Celtic to loan them players but i think hibs have used up the quota

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 8:20am
Hibs v Aberdeen today live on sky. Come on Hibs.

-------------

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 5:23pm
Gary Deegan sends them through to the last 8.

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 6:09pm
great goal by deegan. hibs keeper saved a peno again.

-------------
cup champions

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 6:55pm
Important game for hibs tonight at home to St. Johnstone. cannot see hibs getting 2nd place but 3rd or 4th wouldnt be bad considering how bad they were last year

-------------

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded 2
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 9:57pm

Important game for hibs tonight at home to St. Johnstone. cannot see hibs getting 2nd place but 3rd or 4th wouldnt be bad considering how bad they were last year

Didnt turn up tonight well beaten 1-3 Thumbs Down

-------------
In Martin and Roy we Trust !

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 9:58pm
the first goal was an absolute shambles. missed the other ones

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 9:38pm
Match on Sunday is on BBC Scotland, easy to tune in if you've Sky.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 9:48pm
Exellent heads up!!! Should be a nervy encounter reckon they cud do it this year..

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 10:40am
Season rests on tomorrow as struggling to win games in the league

Posted By: Vaux
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 9:54am
Another bad defeat last night 4 1 to Motherwell. Thumbs Down

Posted By: ftm
Date Posted: 04 May 2013 at 9:58am
Looks like the 'Irish 'cup final @ hampden is heading for a sell out

Date Posted: 05 May 2013 at 4:27pm
Play has been suspended Killie v Hibs due to a fan having a heart attack.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2013 at 4:33pm
The match has been abandonded.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2013 at 4:57pm
Jesus - hope hes ok

Date Posted: 05 May 2013 at 5:53pm
Just saw this. I really hope the lad recovers, but why would the game be stopped because a fan was having a heart attack?

-------------

Posted By: stuffer
Date Posted: 05 May 2013 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Just saw this. I really hope the lad recovers, but why would the game be stopped because a fan was having a heart attack?
due to the amount of time the players were off the pitch and out of respect for his family

Date Posted: 05 May 2013 at 10:07pm
The guy has sadly died.

RIP

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net