You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Twitter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 6:54am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Some amount of p*rn bots on it these days. 

God I think I get followed by at least one a month 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 8:51am

And the crypto bots
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 8:56am
There's two tabs at the top, "For You" and "Following". 

It defaults to "For You" which is where you get the bots, algorithm etc

IF you select "Following" then you only see posts by people/accounts you follow
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 8:59am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

God I think I get followed by at least one a month 

Every tweet I post, I get a like from someone who is obviously a bot, pretending to be a big titted Californian in her 20s
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I see a lot of who I am following in the For You tabs too. Which is why I click on it and find this bottomless pit full of pro Israeli propaganda and other nonsense.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 10:38am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I see a lot of who I am following in the For You tabs too. Which is why I click on it and find this bottomless pit full of pro Israeli propaganda and other nonsense.

Why not just click on the following aspect or
Delete the app.  Then you won’t see it.  I suspect you actually like seeing the content. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 10:46am
The following tab is a bit boring, i find the For You tab more interesting. 

Don't see a great deal of far right or pro Israeli stuff on mine
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Delete the app.  Then you won’t see it.  I suspect you actually like seeing the content. 

Exactly, deleted it about two months ago as its become a right wing cesspit, haven't regretted it since since. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 11:20am
As I understand it your usage is captured by the algorithm, in order that it will keep giving you content that you are seen as ‘interested’ in. If you are ‘rage watching’ stuff you profoundly disagree with, the chances are that’s why similar content keeps returning. In short, the choice is either to delete the app, or change your viewing habits.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

As I understand it your usage is captured by the algorithm, in order that it will keep giving you content that you are seen as ‘interested’ in. If you are ‘rage watching’ stuff you profoundly disagree with, the chances are that’s why similar content keeps returning. In short, the choice is either to delete the app, or change your viewing habits.
Pretty much this. And it all goes perfectly hand in hand with Elon Musk deciding to monetise tweet impressions. So misinformation is more rife than ever, with a bunch of desperate attention seekers tweeting shock value nonsense in the hopes of going viral and getting paid.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 11:27am

Yep if you click into a video with certain content then the algorithm thinks you are interested in that stuff especially the Dublin riots last month. Even if you hit ignore or not interested on something that appears on your timeline those type of video's keep appearing. Best thing to do is delete.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 11:54am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Pretty much this. And it all goes perfectly hand in hand with Elon Musk deciding to monetise tweet impressions. So misinformation is more rife than ever, with a bunch of desperate attention seekers tweeting shock value nonsense in the hopes of going viral and getting paid.

Tweets and twitter threads are shared with impunity. All dripping with opinion, light on fact, and too often misinformation ranging to outright lies. It’s sad, because a platform like that could have been an amazing source of solid, fact checked information, which could have been used as an educational tool, rather than a weapon in the culture war.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 11:59am

I use it to get content that is not easily available elsewhere. It can be very valuable for me.

But there is no denying it's a cess pitt.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 12:29pm

I use it to get content that is not easily available elsewhere. It can be very valuable for me.

Then resist rage watching and just keep scrolling as fast as possible. I’m much happier when I hear absolutely nothing from George Galloway.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Yep if you click into a video with certain content then the algorithm thinks you are interested in that stuff especially the Dublin riots last month. Even if you hit ignore or not interested on something that appears on your timeline those type of video's keep appearing. Best thing to do is delete.
But when you constantly block Russian shills and click not interested in this tweet the algorithm should get the memo not double down.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

But when you constantly block Russian shills and click not interested in this tweet the algorithm should get the memo not double down.

I suppose you have to be extremely consistent, and not let anything slip through the net. I still feel if you are seeing stuff you profoundly disagree with, it’s probably to do with not doing enough to stop it, or actively encouraging it by sitting by and watching in a rage.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 1:34pm

Then resist rage watching and just keep scrolling as fast as possible. I’m much happier when I hear absolutely nothing from George Galloway.

I do. 

But that doesn't mean I can't observe what is bring pushed towards me.

Because in the blink of an eye - I had all these Zionists on my Twitter feed. The I hear elsewhere that a guy debunking the IDF lies had his Twitter and other social media accounts suspended.

And I am thinking are the IDF and trying to get a foot hold of the Twitter and control the propaganda war on social media.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 1:36pm

I do. 

But that doesn't mean I can't observe what is bring pushed towards me.

Because in the blink of an eye - I had all these Zionists on my Twitter feed. The I hear elsewhere that a guy debunking the IDF lies had his Twitter and other social media accounts suspended.

And I am thinking are the IDF and trying to get a foot hold of the Twitter and control the propaganda war on social media.

Make sure to crimp the edges of your tin foil hat, it helps prevent the Jewish, sorry Zionist, space lasers from penetrating it.

Edited by SeaSharp - 04 Jan 2024 at 1:37pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic