You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Twitter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 2:31pm
It's far too toxic but I find it useful for a couple of things.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Some amount of pro Israeli nonsense appearing on my X feed now 
Deleted the app a few weeks ago, Rachel Riley posting about Israel every 2 mins even though i don't follow her or that muppet from Gripped or whatever you call it. You can kinda see why some people get brainwashed by it.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Deleted the app a few weeks ago, Rachel Riley posting about Israel every 2 mins even though i don't follow her or that muppet from Gripped or whatever you call it. You can kinda see why some people get brainwashed by it.
I get a load of pro-Palestinian stuff whenever I log in, from awful propagandists like Jackson Hinkle. Think their tweet recommendation algorithm is just sh*te.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 2:41pm
Honestly, it's the same thing everyone says, including myself. It's useful for such and such. It's nonsense, honestly, get rid of the thing. All I know is that it only made me miserable. Deleted all to social media sh*te. And I'm way better for it. And I don't miss any of the sh*te I told myself I was keeping it for!
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 2:57pm

She's an absolute weapon.

Constantly pedalling the anti-semite card at everything.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 3:12pm
I use Twitter/X solely to follow football accounts and never click on the For you tab, only the Following tab. Haven't even seen one post that isn't football related. If you're clicking into that For you tab, it's only expected to see toxic sh*te.

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 02 Jan 2024 at 3:12pm
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 3:23pm
Deleted it ages ago, only used it to follow football related stuff like goals and team sheets but its pretty irrelevant for that now how advanced the Livescore app has become and the goals are posted directly to Youtube and other social media directly by the clubs and leagues more or less instantly or shortly after the final whistle.

If youre holding onto using it simply for access to view Tweets, you can just use "nitter.net" to still access Twitter/Tweets without an account.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 3:26pm
I have a Twitter account but never use it.  Hate the layout.  Its a mess.  Also when someone says to look at the latest tweet so and so has posted and I check their account it doesnt seem to be in chronological order.   A tweet from 2 weeks ago might be on top of a post from a day ago. Seems all over the gaff.   What's all that about?

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 3:29pm
I think it's where you left off.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

I use Twitter/X solely to follow football accounts and never click on the For you tab, only the Following tab. Haven't even seen one post that isn't football related. If you're clicking into that For you tab, it's only expected to see toxic sh*te.
Thats what I use it for. Never understand the twitter is toxic drama from folk🤷🏽‍♂️
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 4:14pm
Have been saying the same. I seem to attract the type of accounts who post videos of fatal road traffic collisions and people falling to their deaths from high buildings.

Proper grotesque stuff.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 4:39pm
There's way more violent videos on it since that right wing prat Musk fired a load of staff. It was toxic before but it's way worse now.  Didn't he get rid of the entire Trust & Safety Team?! LOL

I only use it for checking goals from Irish players in the Championship really. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 4:46pm
Musk is a total ****

cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 7:04pm
It’s a cesspit. Threads is just as bad. f**k them both off your phones and get your sanity back 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 7:17pm
Best thing that ever happened was when you were forced to register in order to ‘lurk’. Easy to draw a line under mindless scrolling of political viewpoints that are totally the opposite of yours, but you know are laced with ideology and propaganda which render them meaningless, and would do nothing to dispel the echo chamber.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

I get a load of pro-Palestinian stuff whenever I log in, from awful propagandists like Jackson Hinkle. Think their tweet recommendation algorithm is just sh*te.
Same 😂 Every Jackson post shows up on my feed. I'm pro Ukraine and he's a Russian shill. The Elon effect.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 3:59am
Some amount of p*rn bots on it these days. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 5:27am
Is the Twitter Machine now the X Machine?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic