You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Oasis Songs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 8:28am
I'm a radio head fan so I know my music and all the rest of uz are all idiots coz were the only people that know music Jesus haha

1. Listen Up
2. Champagne Supernova
3. All Around the World
4. Master plan
5. Boneheads Bank Holiday
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 2:57pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 3:20pm
Noel is a right turgid old fart these days.  Needs to get back the eye of the tiger man. The eye of the Tiger!   He should go back training the old ways. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 4:09pm
Saw Liam at Glastonbury. He sounded alright. Must be almost time for the band to get back together. You kind of forget how many classic songs they have until you try make a list!! 

My top 10 Oasis songs:

10) Some Might Say
9) Whatever
8) Live Forever
7) Bring it on Down
6) Acquiesce
5) Rock n Roll Star
4) The Masterplan
3) Don't Look Back in Anger
2) Morning Glory
1) Cigarettes and Alcohol

Honorable mentions: Champagne Supernova, Supersonic, Wonderwall, Slide Away, D'You know what I mean, All Around the World, Little by Little, The Importance of being Idle.

What a f**king band!!

Edited by Stickittotheman - 01 Jul 2019 at 4:10pm
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 4:52pm
Two of their worst songs IMO are wonderwall and roll with it

Didn’t see Glastonbury but a lot on twitter were saying his voice was terrible 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 5:00pm
Columbia at Glastonbury was savage - never one of my standout songs but sounded great live
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 5:07pm
Remember they opened in the point one year with bring it on down, f**king amazing, once they started I don't think my feet touched the ground for a few songs with the way the crowd reacted

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Columbia at Glastonbury was savage - never one of my standout songs but sounded great live

In my Top5 of their tunes. 

Favourite Oasis lyric?

"But my God woke up on the wrong side of his bed and it just dont matter now"
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by trappedfor2long trappedfor2long wrote:

music is subjective and any one can say that the band they like is better or there music is better, but if theres two bands playing in the same city and one draws 100,000 and the other draws 500 does that make the band that drew the biggest crowd the better band ??? the more important music??? who's to say it just means we all have different taste , dont no where i'm going with this but i think the thread was fav oasis song, and i'm guessing if a thread was started  "whats your favorite antlers song ...or boards of canada song we wouldn't get past page 1 , but it dont mean they aint good

Exactly the counterpoint to what sells is Ed Sheeran or that Capaldi lad. 

I will say though back in the 70s 80s and 90s bands that sold out massive concerts were generally decent banks or artists. Not always the case but you needed to be good and talented to go on a world tour and paly to 50K plus each night.  Now Ed Sheeran does it. 

Agree with Barry, Oasis went down hill after the first 2 albums and Noel really was the only talented one with regards to musical talent, Liam had a good raspy voice on him. 

Definitely Maybe has aged better than any of the Blur stuff in IMO but Blur have probably more above average albums than Oasis have. 

Edited by Baldrick - 01 Jul 2019 at 5:57pm
AKA pedantic kunt
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 6:12pm
She's Electric
Some Might Say 
Whatever
Live Forever
Stand by Me

Probably them 5 in no particular order. Honourable mentions to
Hey now
Supersonic
Champagne Supernova
Little by Little
Half the world away

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 6:41pm
K
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by trappedfor2long trappedfor2long wrote:

music is subjective and any one can say that the band they like is better or there music is better, but if theres two bands playing in the same city and one draws 100,000 and the other draws 500 does that make the band that drew the biggest crowd the better band ??? the more important music??? who's to say it just means we all have different taste , dont no where i'm going with this but i think the thread was fav oasis song, and i'm guessing if a thread was started  "whats your favorite antlers song ...or boards of canada song we wouldn't get past page 1 , but it dont mean they aint good

Exactly the counterpoint to what sells is Ed Sheeran or that Capaldi lad. 

I will say though back in the 70s 80s and 90s bands that sold out massive concerts were generally decent banks or artists. Not always the case but you needed to be good and talented to go on a world tour and paly to 50K plus each night.  Now Ed Sheeran does it. 

Agree with Barry, Oasis went down hill after the first 2 albums and Noel really was the only talented one with regards to musical talent, Liam had a good raspy voice on him. 

Definitely Maybe has aged better than any of the Blur stuff in IMO but Blur have probably more above average albums than Oasis have. 
I would disagree. I’m a massive fan of Noel, in particular, even if his last album did nothing for me, but I would say Blur’s stuff has aged better. I still love Oasis, but I hardly ever listen to them. I listen to Blur a lot more now. Oasis probably had the misfortune to be overplayed! 

Live Forever is one of the greatest songs ever written, has to be their  number one, even if I personally prefer ‘The Masterplan’. The story behind him writing ‘Live Forever’ in a morning in the warehouse of the builder’s merchants he was working at, playing it at the lunch break for the lads and then quitting only adds to it.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 8:02pm
I only think Definitely Maybe has aged better than any of blurs albums. 

That was their high mark and it’s something I would go back to more than any Blur album, but there is no other Oasis album I would listen to, maybe the B sides compilation
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I only think Definitely Maybe has aged better than any of blurs albums. 

That was their high mark and it’s something I would go back to more than any Blur album, but there is no other Oasis album I would listen to, maybe the B sides compilation

I would have to say my favourite Oasis album is ''The best of Oasis''

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 8:12pm
Definitely maybe and what's the story morning glory superb albums

Love some of the Noel songs like Little by Little, Half the world away, Talk tonight 

Saw liam in Cork last week and was a great show previously saw Noel and HFB do support sets but was full of oasis stuff so happy out. One day I hope to see an Oasis reunion but looks unlikely atm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 8:15pm
‘Modern Life is Rubbish’ would be the album I would still listen to most between the two of them. It’s superb.
‘The Masterplan’ would be the only Oasis album I have listened to the whole way through in about ten years.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 8:15pm
I always feel that Be Here Now gets a bad rep. Love that album.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 8:21pm
Live forever
Don’t go away
All around the world 
Some might say. 
Whatever. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I always feel that Be Here Now gets a bad rep. Love that album.

Very good but not as good as the 2 previous. 

Don't Go Away is an excellent song for example

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
  Share Topic