You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another Catholic Church thread - Jayzus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 12:44pm
Definitely the "people" behind the cover up. Of course O'Grady is a twisted individual but he is a severely damaged person who was allowed to continue his horrendous activities even after the church was made aware of them.

O'Grady just seemed to have no comprehension of his actions. That isn't a defence for him but he obviously has huge psychological issues.

I could be wrong about this but wasn't he moved back to Ireland without the relevant authorities being made aware of his crimes?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 1:17pm
Yep the Guards had no idea he was around. And the church still pay him a pension.

I agree with you by the way on everything you said above
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 1:44pm
A truly despicable organisation. They should have their property and grounds confiscated. We could get rid of the church and solve the homeless/ housing crisis in one fell swoop. A win -win 
El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Definitely the "people" behind the cover up. Of course O'Grady is a twisted individual but he is a severely damaged person who was allowed to continue his horrendous activities even after the church was made aware of them.

O'Grady just seemed to have no comprehension of his actions. That isn't a defence for him but he obviously has huge psychological issues.

I could be wrong about this but wasn't he moved back to Ireland without the relevant authorities being made aware of his crimes?
All very true, sadly. The man was in lala land and needed serious help, the church just kept putting more and more kids in danger. f**king animals.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 7:04pm
Best time of the year to be from Catholic Ireland

4 day weekend Clap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Best time of the year to be from Catholic Ireland

4 day weekend Clap
Was it not the Catholic Church in Ireland who invented the tradition of the chocolate egg? After having their holes ridden all Holy week, the christian brothers decided a bit of chocolate made up for it.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 9:13am

TODAY THE VATICAN urged Catholics not to scatter the ashes of the dead after cremation and instead to store them in places approved by the Church.

The new guidelines published by the Church also say that the ashes of the dead should not be kept at home but should instead be kept at a cemetery or other sacred place.

Doing so reduces “the risk of shielding the dead from prayers for them and the memory of their family and the Christian community”, German cardinal Gerhard Ludwig Muller, the prefect of the doctrinal watchdog, told journalists.

We also avoid eventually forgetting (them) and the lack of respect which can happen, especially after the passing of the first generation.

The Vatican first gave permission for cremation in 1963.

The new guidelines come just in time for “All Souls Day” on 2 November when the faithful typically pray for the dead.

“The body is not the private property of the family. A dead person is a son of God. It is part of the body of Christ, it is part of God’s people. It’s for this reason that there is not only private rites for the deceased but it’s a public ceremony,” said Muller.

Bishops will however be able to authorise exceptions to the new guidelines “in serious and exceptional circumstances linked to local customs and practices”.

The new rules also prohibit the scattering of ashes at sea, said Muller.

But the guidelines will not be applied retrospectively to the relics of saints whose remains have been preserved over the centuries “to avoid provoking a war between believers”, according to one of Muller’s aides.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 11:25am
They should be recycled on Ash Wednesday, environmentally friendly.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

TODAY THE VATICAN urged Catholics not to scatter the ashes of the dead after cremation and instead to store them in places approved by the Church.

The new guidelines published by the Church also say that the ashes of the dead should not be kept at home but should instead be kept at a cemetery or other sacred place.

Doing so reduces “the risk of shielding the dead from prayers for them and the memory of their family and the Christian community”, German cardinal Gerhard Ludwig Muller, the prefect of the doctrinal watchdog, told journalists.

We also avoid eventually forgetting (them) and the lack of respect which can happen, especially after the passing of the first generation.

The Vatican first gave permission for cremation in 1963.

The new guidelines come just in time for “All Souls Day” on 2 November when the faithful typically pray for the dead.

“The body is not the private property of the family. A dead person is a son of God. It is part of the body of Christ, it is part of God’s people. It’s for this reason that there is not only private rites for the deceased but it’s a public ceremony,” said Muller.

Bishops will however be able to authorise exceptions to the new guidelines “in serious and exceptional circumstances linked to local customs and practices”.

The new rules also prohibit the scattering of ashes at sea, said Muller.

But the guidelines will not be applied retrospectively to the relics of saints whose remains have been preserved over the centuries “to avoid provoking a war between believers”, according to one of Muller’s aides.

Some grade A horsesh*t, yet again from the Catholic Church.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 1:35pm
It's only a comment, not like it's a law or anything. Scatter wherever the f**k you want.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 1:55pm
So are we allowed to stuff them into sceptic tanks or wha??
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 7:00pm
Anyone that's basing their decisions on this trollix needs mental health care.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 7:55pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 11:55am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 3:34pm
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/23/pope-francis-better-to-be-atheist-than-hypocritical-catholic

The pope has just put forward my main problem with Christianity; hypocrisy. I don't get the chance to say this very often but well done PopeyClap.

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 1:49pm
Following on from revelations of Pope Francis (the new, trendy, compassionate Pope) letting paedophiles off the hook and, in at least one case, letting a paedophile loose to rape kids in a deaf school, it hit closer to home today.

What the courageous Catherine Corless discovered on paper in Tuam has been revealed in hard evidence. A children's mass grave.

Evil, evil ****s. No organisation has been responsible for so much evil.

If someone can direct me to how I can officially cut my ties completely with these f**kers, I would appreciate it.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 1:51pm
Scum of the earth
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Following on from revelations of Pope Francis (the new, trendy, compassionate Pope) letting paedophiles off the hook and, in at least one case, letting a paedophile loose to rape kids in a deaf school, it hit closer to home today.

What the courageous Catherine Corless discovered on paper in Tuam has been revealed in hard evidence. A children's mass grave.

Evil, evil ****s. No organisation has been responsible for so much evil.

If someone can direct me to how I can officially cut my ties completely with these f**kers, I would appreciate it.

You can always take the soup.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
  Share Topic