You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 252>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 2:48am
I thought Fury had just about done enough to win it, but he was very poor. Ngannou won his rounds quite convincingly which is making people think he got robbed
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 4:51am
Fair play to Ngannou. He faced a lot of criticism for not taking that UFC deal (24m over 3 fights) but stuck it out and has gotten a huge deal with the PFL and earned a fortune for this fight with Fury. Going close means he’ll be an even bigger draw for the PFL. He wasn’t a big PPV seller with the UFC but this should help him make even more money.

Hard to not be happy for him considering his back story.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 7:25am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Fair play to Ngannou. He faced a lot of criticism for not taking that UFC deal (24m over 3 fights) but stuck it out and has gotten a huge deal with the PFL and earned a fortune for this fight with Fury. Going close means he’ll be an even bigger draw for the PFL. He wasn’t a big PPV seller with the UFC but this should help him make even more money.

Hard to not be happy for him considering his back story.
He'll also be a top 10 ranked boxer and the likes of Usyk, Joshua and wilder will probably offer him a fight in future to continue making a fortune.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 7:28am
These crossover fights need to stop. They are marketed as being proper events but in reality the results are already pre determined.
That was a disgraceful scorecard last night. Fury was like a lad who never boxed in his life, yet somehow won...a disgrace. 

Fair Play to Ngannou looked a nice fighter, if he gave boxing a go he could do serious damage. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 7:50am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

These crossover fights need to stop. They are marketed as being proper events but in reality the results are already pre determined.
That was a disgraceful scorecard last night. Fury was like a lad who never boxed in his life, yet somehow won...a disgrace. 

Fair Play to Ngannou looked a nice fighter, if he gave boxing a go he could do serious damage. 
Scorecard issues happen in non exhibition fights and personally I think the judge's got it right. Francis won his rounds convincingly but Fury done enough to shade it. 95/94 was a fair decision. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 8:42am
Boxing is rife with dodgy scorecards bordering on corruption, so it’s not an issue related to these crossover fights. But unless it was a ko, there was no way Ngannou was getting a decision, especially with Usyk there to promote his fight with Fury, which will be on in Saudi.

If it had been a bad loss, no other boxer would have gone near Ngannou but now big money fights are available for him. Again, fair play to him. I’d say Dana White is sick.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 10:02pm
I’ve seen Gary Cully box 3 times now and have been disappointed every time. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 10:07pm
It's mad I'd heard nothing about Taylor fighting until I seen a tweet from McGregor earlier. It feels like Irish media and social media doesn't hype her up enough or maybe I live in a bubble.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

It's mad I'd heard nothing about Taylor fighting until I seen a tweet from McGregor earlier. It feels like Irish media and social media doesn't hype her up enough or maybe I live in a bubble.
You follow some bellends LOL
Seriously though McGregor sponsoring this was a mistake from Hearn. Him & his nonsense have overshadowed the build up. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

You must be in the wrong whatsapp groups. Get it
I love beer gardens
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 10:38pm
Spirit FM belting out the bangers for Katie 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 10:52pm
Forgot all about the Taylor fight until I seen a tweet from Tommy Robinson.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 10:54pm
Great fight so far. Cameron cut bad
I love beer gardens
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 10:54pm
Head butt from Katie😉
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 10:57pm
This is some fight Clap
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Forgot all about the Taylor fight until I seen a tweet from Tommy Robinson.

LOLLOL
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 10:58pm
I have Katie shading all these first 5 rounds.
I love beer gardens
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 11:11pm
Katie is wrecked. She just has to survive this last round and she has it. Unreal fight

Edited by doherty - 25 Nov 2023 at 11:11pm
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 252>
  Share Topic